Cruisecritic live on Avalon Waterways

notamermaid

From the UK website: https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles/can-you-stay-active-on-a-river-cruise-yes-live-from-an-avalon-waterways-active-discovery-european-river-cruise

This is an enjoyable read. How active is active really? Find out in the article. I instantly liked this itinerary as an option for North-American cruisers. Nice to read a detailed review of it.

As regards the mill in Cochem. I was looking for it when I was there earlier this year on a day trip. I was a bit shocked to find it is a very modern building and housed in it together with what looked like the local fire brigade (!?). I was not sure what to make of that at all (I did not go in).

notamermaid

• Like 1

I can attest to the active choices on Avalon!  Each morning began with a pre-breakfast morning exercise routine.  There were hiking, walking, and bike-riding excursions, along with museum tours and transport to provide minimal exercise as an alternative, with mix and match if you wanted a bit of both.  You could even choose the level of exercise for each excursion (fast, medium, or slow pace).  Last October we would drop into bed satisfactorily exhausted at the end of each day.  It was awesome.

• Like 2