Picture-A-Week 2023 - Week 30

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, July 24 and Sunday, July 30.

Last week of July! That statement probably didn't deserve an exclamation point, but I'll try anything to get you folks excited over photography.

Here are some more: !!!!!!

Excited yet?

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

Yes, we are in the "excited over photography" category.  But, I might be violating the "rules" a little to express Happy Birthday Mick!!  Is age 80 being old?  Or, just "Middle Aged" like many of us?  

From the French AFP newswire this morning, they had this headline: Greatest rock'n'roll showman Mick Jagger turns 80" with this sub-headline:  "Mick Jagger once sang 'what a drag it is getting old' but the most senior swinger in town shows little sign of slowing down as he turns 80 on Wednesday.

Here are some of their reporting highlights: The Rolling Stones frontman is still strutting and gyrating in front of packed-out arenas, most recently touring Europe to mark the band's 60th anniversary.   The icon of 60s counterculture underwent a heart valve replacement in 2019, but his regime of running, kick-boxing, cycling and yoga has maintained his svelte figure and longevity as an energetic showman.

Any herer have experienced Mick and the Stones doing an in-person, live concert?  We have done three concerts with the Rolling Stones.  Below are some of my picture files illustrating that they put on "one hell of a show".  These four pictures are from a summer of 2015 concert when Mick was only age 72.  Even at his advanced age then, he moved all around a big, big stage set-up in this football stadium that could seat up to 100,000.  Great tunes and excellent showmanship. Right? 

Full story at:

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20230724-greatest-rock-n-roll-showman-mick-jagger-turns-80

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio   

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 248,033 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1172051-livesilver-cloud-norway-coastfjords-july-1-16-reports/

From the summer of 2015 in Columbus at the giant football Ohio Stadium, Mick and the Rolling Stones put on a spectacular show for the massive crowd.  All of the great hits, including "Satisfaction", "Time Is on my Side", etc.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.238bb455bf16c6a153cfdf051c340673.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.20d5f44acecc547fd48e7d3bd416dd73.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a30b900f61b3cd431c363a8fbd4e1649.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c5f19f37646126edb851a5338c94fd40.jpeg

• Like 3

On Monday morning we sailed into Puget Sound and *poof*, our cruise was over. It was a great week filled with fun, family and adventure. This last day was the best sunrise of the trip. By far. Not a surprise since Alaska is fairly stingy with it’s sunrises and sunsets. Add stingy to sunrise and sunset happening ridiculously close to either side of midnight and it becomes a formula for failure. The Sea & Sky section of the online gallery for this trip has a grand total of 12 photos and features a majority of attractive cloud cover shots. Oh, well. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets aren’t why we go to Alaska and all the reasons we do go (minus the glaciers this time) were spectacular as usual. It’s nice to know there are still places like that in our country to escape to for a while.

The Beginning of the End

2023-30 The Beginning of the End.jpg

Dave

Edited by pierces
  • Like 6

Saturday night on Scarlet Lady.  No filters.  Just my camera on my old Android phone, from our balcony.  Is there like any contests here I can enter my photo in?  It turned out well just for snapping a pic with my cell phone don't ya think?  There was a lightening storm in the clouds that made it an incredible night to just sit on the balcony.  Off of Miami coast.  Freighter middle slight left.

VV Photo - Copy.jpg

• Like 4

This was taken off Santa Catalina Island in week 30, not too far from Avalon.  It's from my #2 camera as it shot video of my #1 camera shooting video of a Garibaldi fish.  (Lumix LX10, Nauticam WWL-C, BigBlue 4600s, red filter, blue light)

Found him 1.png

• Like 5

10 hours ago, boeckli said:

More birds ... Mrs and Mr. King Parrot snacking on some seed pods and camellia blossoms

RX040591.thumb.JPG.99a880042983a97e7fa061886b20e5bb.JPG

There's a great video on YouTube of these parrots visiting someone's balcony every day, I think it's Sydney (just forgetting at the moment). At first one bird visited, then he brought his lady friend, and then they brought all their friends. It's a fun video 🙂