How many are on current sailings?

manc

Just curious about the number of passengers in board currently.

We are on Scotland Intensive and then Ireland Intensive in August and wonder if they will be full. 

In the past, Ireland, Scotland, The Open cruise have tended to be popular. I’m on Scotland as well and when I last checked it appeared that Veranda categories were sold out…but given the state of AZ booking engine…who knows?

The web "fiasco" has hurt them tremendously.  Couple that with ignoring the value of letting celebrity/RCL passengers maintain their status so disincenting folks who might be ready to move to Azamara.  I wouldn't highly rate the current management and/or new owners who I think are now suffering from questionable decisions and lack of IT preparation for the move. 

The question everyone, unfortunately, should and probably is now asking.....do I risk making a deposit or final payment.  It's a pretty valid question.....

I hope they make it....we just completed our first Azamara cruise and liked it so much we booked a shorter cruise in December.

Edited by ghstudio
  • Like 1

Some bookings for this summer have been soft, probably because of the IT change, and maybe because of post-Covid hesitancy to travel for some older people. I have heard that some cruises for next year are selling out pretty quickly. We just disembarked from Pursuit Scotland Intensive, and we had about 50% capacity. The product received on the ships remains extremely good, IMO. We have not hesitated to book more cruises for 2024 and 2025.

• Like 5

Didn’t we all know that this Website IT fiasco (and horrible customer service issues) were going to hurt?  I know I did.  Why do we think they are having all these new “sales”?  Of course, it was hurting! I don’t know how long it will last…….

On my recent sailing in June, there was no future cruise presentation at all and there was no appointment book out during regular business hours when I checked, several days into my sailing, to even sign up for an appointment!   Didn’t even seem like they wanted to sell future cruises so I obliged and didn’t book any!   And I didn’t see any other customers there until the very last day and then only a few.

Edited by takemewithyou

21 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Didn’t we all know that this Website IT fiasco (and horrible customer service issues) were going to hurt?  I know I did.  Why do we think they are having all these new “sales”?  Of course, it was hurting! I don’t know how long it will last…….

On my recent sailing in June, there was no future cruise presentation at all and there was no appointment book out during regular business hours when I checked, several days into my sailing, to even sign up for an appointment!   Didn’t even seem like they wanted to sell future cruises so I obliged and didn’t book any!   And I didn’t see any other customers there until the very last day and then only a few.

July must have been a different story, because the appointment book was out, and the Future Cruises and Loyalty people were fairly busy. Part of it might have been that some very interesting 2025 cruise itineraries were released during the cruise, including cruises with ports in Greenland. We booked two for 2025, with enticing early booking discounts, and rebooked three for 2024 to take advantage of a current promotion. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 5:56 PM, lisiamc said:

Some bookings for this summer have been soft, probably because of the IT change, and maybe because of post-Covid hesitancy to travel for some older people. I have heard that some cruises for next year are selling out pretty quickly. We just disembarked from Pursuit Scotland Intensive, and we had about 50% capacity. The product received on the ships remains extremely good, IMO. We have not hesitated to book more cruises for 2024 and 2025.

thanks for sharing. just booked two az europe cruise in 2024 and 2025. ships are not full yet but limited cabins choice already.

Looking at the cabins still available for our 9 night Quest Lisbon to Barbados in November, the occupancy rate at best appears to be two thirds capacity i.e. 400-450 passengers dependant on whether there are many singles or mostly couples in cabins. It's now only 3 months out.

8 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Looking at the cabins still available for our 9 night Quest Lisbon to Barbados in November, the occupancy rate at best appears to be two thirds capacity i.e. 400-450 passengers dependant on whether there are many singles or mostly couples in cabins. It's now only 3 months out.

It must be the air in Edinburgh 😉, as I've just done a similar exercise for our Onward 8 night Istanbul round trip in October.  There are 37 unallocated cabins (less any guaranteed that have been sold) so 90% or better occupancy in terms of room numbers.

24 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

It must be the air in Edinburgh 😉, as I've just done a similar exercise for our Onward 8 night Istanbul round trip in October.  There are 37 unallocated cabins (less any guaranteed that have been sold) so 90% or better occupancy in terms of room numbers.

Well, perhaps they all decided to spend the money on the Edinburgh Fringe instead! 😂

There are 135 cabins still available on our sailing, assuming the others are fully occupied gives 420 passengers booked so far. I think the fact it's the first leg of Quest heading out to South America impacts. Certainly, for us, it's a convenient and ridiculously low cost means of travelling to Barbados to board Windstar Pride upon arrival for a Caribbean cruise. All being well, we shall land there totally relaxed and refreshed with no four hour time adjustment required on arrival.

My arithmetic is flawed, as there will presumably be some guarantees booked, and not yet allocated. Without doubt though, it's sailing light based on current availability.

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Please can you let me know how you can see the number of free cabins. When I go into look at a cruise I can only see a limited number of the available cabins. I must be missing something.

I found them (including specific cabin numbers) on an online travel agent - US-only, but I was only looking for availability so it didn't matter.  It was easy to look within an individual category, but I had to do the first stages of a dummy booking for each category to see across the whole ship.  Another TA - perhaps the one used by @hamrag - might give a more consolidated view.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

I found them (including specific cabin numbers) on an online travel agent - US-only, but I was only looking for availability so it didn't matter.  It was easy to look within an individual category, but I had to do the first stages of a dummy booking for each category to see across the whole ship.  Another TA - perhaps the one used by @hamrag - might give a more consolidated view.

Yes, it's a UK website also associated with an equivalent in the US. Same approach, you go into cabin categories and have a full view of what's available by doing a dummy booking..

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1