Haven't cruised Royal Caribbean in 20 years!

We're sailing in March 2024 on Odyssey! Our past 5 cruises have been NCL but we're looking forward to cruising with RCCL. Can't imagine we'll be disappointed. We just love cruising in general. I'll definitely be checking these boards for any tips, advice and suggestions from the RCCL "experts". 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CruisinBanka said:

Two70 Cafe is great alternative for lite breakfast and lunch to avoid the crowds in Windjammer buffet

Not many tables to sit at for eating...so not a favorite...Those chairs/sofa's Meh !!!

5 hours ago, Gigi816 said:

We're sailing in March 2024 on Odyssey! Our past 5 cruises have been NCL but we're looking forward to cruising with RCCL. Can't imagine we'll be disappointed. We just love cruising in general. I'll definitely be checking these boards for any tips, advice and suggestions from the RCCL "experts". 

Odyssey has been my favorite cruise since the restart.  We loved the new ship smell.  The Zone Zero was a fun activity that is unique to Odyssey. Make sure you sign up for that once on board.  It is fun for all ages.  

6 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

The Zone Zero was a fun activity that is unique to Odyssey. Make sure you sign up for that once on board.  It is fun for all ages.  

I have read that they closed this and apparently it’s not reopening. Has anyone else heard this? If it’s not true, I know DH would love to book it

We just sailed on RCI (and yes, I called it RCCL too) after not sailing them in 20+ years.  I forgot that these boards can be amazingly catty, so take responses with a grain of salt.  There are some nice people on here.  The flexible dining time is very similar to NCL.  You can book in advance or just walk up and wait.  We were in a suite so we were seated almost immediately once we made it to the door to give our number on nights we didn't reserve a table.  We loved the Chef's table on Enchantment.  We ended up eating in Chops, which was the only specialty restaurant, a few times to get away from the crowds.  I can't stand them and neither can my other half.  Finding snacks or something to eat after dinner or in between meals was problematic.  Unless you like pizza which you could find in the Solarium at the cafe.  I remember there being more available in the past. It may have been our trip, but it was very mellow.  Not a lot of things going on.  The pool deck was empty most nights.  The bars on level 11 that have wonderful views were empty most of the time.  Staff was amazing.  They mentioned to us that many of the staff are new post covid and still learning the ropes.  Being able to check in ahead of time and having all of your information with the company made boarding so much faster than I remembered.  You'll have fun.