Summer 2025

5 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Anxiously awaiting Baltic cruises in summer, 2025.  The other cruise lines have their itineraries out.  Wish Royal Caribbean did too.  I'm worried about losing a good cabin on Azamara if RCI doesn't come up with a good itinerary and ship sailing there.

In my opinion, the main reason to do a Baltic cruise is Saint Petersburg. But as long as Putin is being an A***H***, that's off the table. RC doesn't have any Baltic cruises in '24 (UWC hits a some of the traditional stops). Are other cruise lines doing Baltic minus Russia in '25?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Anxiously awaiting Baltic cruises in summer, 2025.  The other cruise lines have their itineraries out.  Wish Royal Caribbean did too.  I'm worried about losing a good cabin on Azamara if RCI doesn't come up with a good itinerary and ship sailing there.

Why not just book one on AZ now with a refundable deposit while waiting to see what Royal comes out with. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

In my opinion, the main reason to do a Baltic cruise is Saint Petersburg. But as long as Putin is being an A***H***, that's off the table. RC doesn't have any Baltic cruises in '24 (UWC hits a some of the traditional stops). Are other cruise lines doing Baltic minus Russia in '25?

Lots of others.   We booked it for 2020, 2021 and 2022.  Each time was cancelled due to Covid or Putin & we were hoping he’d get his act together by 2023.  Clearly STP isn’t going to be on any itineraries soon so we’ll have to cut our losses there and enjoy the rest of the Baltic. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Why not just book one on AZ now with a refundable deposit while waiting to see what Royal comes out with. 

We may have to do that.  I just hate to lose the $150 fee if we cancel. They charge that on every booking for cancelling far in advance. 

13 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Baltic is still beautiful without St Petersburg. Stops like Stockholm, Tallinn, Helsinki, Riga, Copenhagen, Oslo are worth to see.

Actually, almost all cruise lines continue to sail the Baltics except Royal Caribbean.

Sky Princess last Baltic cruise this month was fully booked. NCL Dawn both Baltic cruises on August 2023 are fully booked. MSCs Baltic on MSC Fantasia are fully booked. Carnival Pride was fully booked last week.

The bookings in the Baltic collapsed in 2022 after the war began, but this recovered very quickly this summer because nobody is scared anymore. Therefore, we can expect that there will be more Baltic cruises in the future and I hope RCI will sail at least 2-3 cruises in that area. 

So far, only some cruise lines have published the 2025 timetable but there are still Baltics in:

NCL 6 Baltic cruises

P&O Cruises 5 Baltic cruises

Regent Seven Seas 7 Baltic cruises

Azamara 2 Baltic cruises

Princess 3 Baltic cruises

Viking 10 Baltic cruises

Edited by Ulsteinvik
  • Like 1