The New Future Cruise Package

Carla3

I’m trying to fully understand the benefits of the new future cruise package. Here’s my offer. For $7000 I get $6000 FFC plus $300 OBC plus $750 hotel credit. $6000 plus $300 plus $750 = $7050. So the first part is only really a $50 value. The second part of the package is 1 week stay certificate plus 2x 2 day certificates to be used at “highly rated hotel throughout the world”. I’m trying to find out the fine print on the “certificate” stays. Doesn’t seem realistic I could book a 5 star Honolulu hotel that’s $900 a night (7 x$900 = $6300) for “free” as an example. How is Princess or whoever the third party is making any money? My suspicion is the “stay certificate” is a time share property that’s hoping to reel you in

• Like 1

There was at least a couple of threads discussing this telemarketing offer from a 3rd party company that may seem to some folks as directly from Princess.  Not so.  I seem to recall a couple of posters mentioning going for the offer program, but most seemed skeptical and were bypassing it.  You might find these threads, but perhaps not easily as it was a while ago now this deal was discussed.

35 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

There was at least a couple of threads discussing this telemarketing offer from a 3rd party company that may seem to some folks as directly from Princess.  Not so.  I seem to recall a couple of posters mentioning going for the offer program, but most seemed skeptical and were bypassing it.  You might find these threads, but perhaps not easily as it was a while ago now this deal was discussed.

I found one thread that didn’t give any insight to the hotel package part. Since the package has been available now for a few months, I was hoping someone had used ALL the benefits in the package and had some thoughts they could share

As the saying goes...If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

I think O.N.E. is banking that whoever buys these packages won't make use of the land portion; either because they forgot or they can't get a date that will jive with their schedule.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SCX22 said:

As the saying goes...If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

I think O.N.E. is banking that whoever buys these packages won't make use of the land portion; either because they forgot or they can't get a date that will jive with their schedule.

That sounds like old tour packages or fly and drive packages for Europe that were offered years ago.  The hotel or car portions were considered throw away packages. Very old package concept.

Interesting…

I’ve not seen any feedback.  OP might post a question on the old thread Or hopefully, someone will answer here.

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Not sure who it is through but I had this sales pitch from my personal vacation planner when I contacted him with a question regarding my cruise. I should say former, I ended up getting a better price and canceling the one booked through him....partly because I don't need sales pitches!

• Like 1

Color me SKEPTICAL!  I NEVER do business with anyone based on a "cold call" method.  I've received 2 such calls from whoever it is that is running this "promotion".  There were a few very vague references on the actual Princess website about promotions being offered...but the wording left it up in the air about these being "fully" endorsed by Princess.  I guess the fact that there was anything at all on their site means that the firm is "legit"...but as @SCX22 stated above: "If it sounds too good to be true..."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Luv2cruz1000 said:

Not sure who it is through but I had this sales pitch from my personal vacation planner when I contacted him with a question regarding my cruise. I should say former, I ended up getting a better price and canceling the one booked through him....partly because I don't need sales pitches!

Same thing happened to me.  I asked my personal planner a question about hotels pre and post cruise.  He came back with the $7000 package offer.  He was from Princess, or at least attached to them somehow, because he had all the details about my upcoming cruise.  I ditched him quick!

Since O.N.E. has taken over the future cruise department on board they are now selling these on board.

From what I have seen there is a lot of disclaimers about the land portion. Things like may not cover full cost, may have limited availability, may not be available at all properties, will not cover resort fees, etc.

The couple that own O.N.E. sold their old business which allowed people to swap time share weeks for cruises. Might be why this reminds people of time share like offers

On my last cruise the person in the future cruise department seemed very surprised when I asked how long they had worked for O.N.E. that I even knew that. They had previously been doing future cruise sales for Viking.

Edited by ldtr

11 hours ago, milogurd said:

You need to watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izOmxu3StrI

I do not believe his information is correct. There is another group called Princess Promotions.

The company doing these packages is ONE  Open Network Exchange. They now staff the on board future cruise sales department. They have also taken over the duties of the previous Captain Circle Host.

They have access to all of the cruise history and current booking information. Same as Princess customer service.

Have to do more checking. The old links to Princess Promotions no longer seem to work. Possible that ONE may have taken over that name as well.

On 7/26/2023 at 8:59 PM, Carla3 said:

I’m trying to fully understand the benefits of the new future cruise package. Here’s my offer. For $7000 I get $6000 FFC plus $300 OBC plus $750 hotel credit. $6000 plus $300 plus $750 = $7050. So the first part is only really a $50 value. The second part of the package is 1 week stay certificate plus 2x 2 day certificates to be used at “highly rated hotel throughout the world”. I’m trying to find out the fine print on the “certificate” stays. Doesn’t seem realistic I could book a 5 star Honolulu hotel that’s $900 a night (7 x$900 = $6300) for “free” as an example. How is Princess or whoever the third party is making any money? My suspicion is the “stay certificate” is a time share property that’s hoping to reel you in

This is a 3rd party marketing firm.  Just like selling timeshares.  It's not a good deal, and has lots of exclusions and hard to book.   

One might also consider the time value of money.  That's a pretty large "deposit" for what one is getting back.   And some of us have been able to get discounted gift cards (AARP for one, some credit cards) so it doesn't seem like a deal to take.

I’ve been called several times and have always been polite when I tell the caller we are not interested.

In the past week, I have been called by Ruby with the same spiel.  The only reason I answered was because the caller ID showed my Princess Cruise Planner’s name and number!!  I told Ruby I was not interested, won’t be interested in the future and to take me off the list and not call again.