E-Tickets???

jjs217

20 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

I just received our E-tickets yesterday by e-mail.  Nowhere is there a QR or Bar Code.  Sooooooooooooo, where's the "E" part?

It just means everything is electronic. You don’t have a paper ticket. Anything you need to do only requires the locator code (6 character alpha-numeric) and your name. The only time I have ever needed anything else is if you have 2 legs on different carriers, where sometimes (but not always) each has its own locator code. In that case the ticket number (14 digit numeric) will let you sign in. 

Only when you actually check in for your flight (generally 24 hours in advance) will you get the QR code. 

Edited by gnome12

5 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

It just means everything is electronic. You don’t have a paper ticket. Anything you need to do only requires the locator code (6 character alpha-numeric) and your name. The only time I have ever needed anything else is if you have 2 legs on different carriers, where sometimes (but not always) each has its own locator code. In that case the ticket number (14 digit numeric) will let you sign in. 

Only when you actually check in for your flight (generally 24 hours in advance) will you get the QR code. 

I wasn't talking about the flight - I was talking about the final cruise documents that said my E-ticket was attached.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jjs217 said:

I just received our E-tickets yesterday by e-mail.  Nowhere is there a QR or Bar Code.  Sooooooooooooo, where's the "E" part?

The email you received is your E ticket. Those are your cruise documents. There is not a QR or Bar Code needed.

And, whilst it’s comforting to have the cruise doc, I’m not sure how necessary it is, I haven’t had to show mine for the last few cruises. 

If there is someone checking before allowing you into the port, they seem to be relying on a printed list of the names of the pax. 

10 hours ago, jollyjones said:

And, whilst it’s comforting to have the cruise doc, I’m not sure how necessary it is, I haven’t had to show mine for the last few cruises.

Agree.  We haven’t needed to show a ticket since 2016.  Santiago asked for one in 2017, but I just said I didn’t have it and they let me right through to the SS personnel.

• Like 1

I got my E docs last week for my upcoming sailing. I sail on 8/27 and received the email on 7/28 so it looks like they moved the time frame up.  I had been receiving the documents at about the 15 day point. Still waiting for my cabin assignment though. I booked a guarantee so it is still up in the air.