Free cucina and free Chibang

topaz123

Received this from carnival this morning

Since you picked Assigned Dining, your seats will always be reserved at one of our dining rooms. You’ll find a great variety on the menu every time you drop by! But, did you know that you always have the option of switching it up and dining at any of the other restaurants? That includes a complimentary visit to Cucina del Capitano (after 7:45 pm) and Chibang!, additional visits are only $8.00 per person. Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse | Brewhouse is complimentary all sailing long. That's three all-inclusive specialty dining spots, complimentary for a limited time!

Is this something new....was aware the Cucina and Chibang were complementary at lunch, but a charge for dinner.  The dinner menu was expanded from the lunch menu......So, we can dine at these two with no charge? Need to make reservation? Curious...

• Like 1

The charge for the second visit is fairly new and I believe currently only on the Mardi Gras.  You can eat there for free for lunch as often as you want, but only get one free visit for dinner per venue.  No reservations, you just select that restaurant in the HUB app when you are requesting a seating time when you are ready for dinner.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, StacyKMN said:

The charge for the second visit is fairly new and I believe currently only on the Mardi Gras.  You can eat there for free for lunch as often as you want, but only get one free visit for dinner per venue.  No reservations, you just select that restaurant in the HUB app when you are requesting a seating time when you are ready for dinner.  

Thanks....Hoping the dinner menu at Cucina/Chibang is more enhanced than lunch menu. Getting confused over what is complimentary and what is fee based.  SO.......lunch at the two is comlimentary, BUT...dinner is fee?

3 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

Thanks....Hoping the dinner menu at Cucina/Chibang is more enhanced than lunch menu. Getting confused over what is complimentary and what is fee based.  SO.......lunch at the two is comlimentary, BUT...dinner is fee?

Yes, dinner menu is a very full menu with lots of good options at both restaurants.  I personally preferred the Chinese options at Chibang vs the Mexican.  Dinner is free for one visit to each.  A second visit will get $8/per person charged to your account.  

Edited by StacyKMN
  • Like 1

The charge for second dining is only occurring on Mardi Gras right now, unless they have already made the change on Celebration. Celebration was free all the time for dinner at both locations last month. I fear that the entire dining situation on Celebration will become a giant mess when these become paid venues which it seems pretty clear that carnival has intention of doing eventually. 

Also, YTD is a big plus on Excel class ships now since they are allowed to join the queue for both of these restaurants as soon as they open at 5:45. 

33 minutes ago, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

The charge for second dining is only occurring on Mardi Gras right now, unless they have already made the change on Celebration. Celebration was free all the time for dinner at both locations last month. I fear that the entire dining situation on Celebration will become a giant mess when these become paid venues which it seems pretty clear that carnival has intention of doing eventually. 

Also, YTD is a big plus on Excel class ships now since they are allowed to join the queue for both of these restaurants as soon as they open at 5:45. 

I don't think they'll go paid, at least not any time soon. I think if anything Carnival will do away with the traditional set time dining room and use that space for another dining concept. The YTD room will stay, perhaps with a section cordoned off for the fewer and fewer every cruise who insist on set time dining.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

I don't think they'll go paid, at least not any time soon. I think if anything Carnival will do away with the traditional set time dining room and use that space for another dining concept. The YTD room will stay, perhaps with a section cordoned off for the fewer and fewer every cruise who insist on set time dining.

I would be SHOCKED if they did away with assigned dining.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mz-s said:

They are already doing this in a limited fashion on Mardi Gras. Within two years Chibang and Cucina will be fully paid venues. Low cost at first, but each year thereafter more expensive. 

21 minutes ago, mz-s said:

It’s already very limited if not discouraged on the latest ships. Days are numbered. 

Do not think so….how is it discouraged.  If anything at all, it would only be for Excel class, and again I see nothing that supports anything to say differently.  Maybe you can suggest where this would be seen.

16 minutes ago, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

They are already doing this in a limited fashion on Mardi Gras. Within two years Chibang and Cucina will be fully paid venues. Low cost at first, but each year thereafter more expensive. 

Ummmm can you point to where the two years are mentioned?

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Do not think so….how is it discouraged.  If anything at all, it would only be for Excel class, and again I see nothing that supports anything to say differently.  Maybe you can suggest where this would be seen.

In case I am not clear this is just conjecture on my part based upon the way the industry is moving. Yeah I could see this only happening on Excel class.

3 minutes ago, hurricane0226 said:

On the topic of dining on the Mardi Gras, does anyone know which restaurant is for 

any time dining on the Mardi Gras

Both times we have sailed, it has been the Palm.  I've heard it can change though, if on a particular cruise more people sign up for set time dining. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mz-s said:

In case I am not clear this is just conjecture on my part based upon the way the industry is moving. Yeah I could see this only happening on Excel class.

Certainly not the end of the world discussion.  I got your point,  Things continue to change and evolve in the cruising world, the dining experience is a leader in the “change”.  It has been since NCL changed it forever with freestyle dining.

There are a number of different variables that will continue to make the future of cruising a fluid dynamic thing, who knows where it will all lead to.