Dining question for the Holidays

ronrick1943

We’ll be sailing on the Nova during Christmas—-On Christmas Eve how is

Atlantide, (festive, fun very nice, special) or just another evening at Atlantide.

Or what’s so special about La Dame Christmas Eve, or is it just another evening

dinner like every other night.

Thanks, trying to decide what would be best.

It has been a while since we did this (2019 - Silver Muse NZ) but for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day there was one set menu (with some choices per course) across the restaurants and you needed to book into one of them (Can't say if La Dame was included - possibly not). Information was quite poor/confusing as to the process with some sources saying you needed to make the booking by 2 days before, others saying the ship would book you and let you know etc. There were Christmas crackers and some table decorations (stars sprinkled around) and both nights were formal.  

Edited by Aussieflyer

@ronrick1943, if you do a search and go back to look at posts from this past holiday season, you’ll find the vast majority of folks here who posted were less than impressed.  I remember two in particular who are long time SS passengers and both felt it was one of the worst holiday meals they’d ever experienced on board SS.

56 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

@ronrick1943, if you do a search and go back to look at posts from this past holiday season, you’ll find the vast majority of folks here who posted were less than impressed.  I remember two in particular who are long time SS passengers and both felt it was one of the worst holiday meals they’d ever experienced on board SS.

I did, but wanted to see if we had a few others——We’re going to La Dame because we get one dinner for two.  Just wanted to see if Atlantide would be better because it’s Christmas Eve……

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

I did, but wanted to see if we had a few others——We’re going to La Dame because we get one dinner for two.  Just wanted to see if Atlantide would be better because it’s Christmas Eve……

You'll be able to tell us.

Nova has yet to do a Christmas cruise.

We are also on the Nova Holiday cruise - note that Christmas (not Christmas Eve) and New Year's are scheduled as Formal Nights.  We will try for La Dame on New Years Eve and do Atlantide for Christmas Eve - we are hoping that the larger restaurant will be more festive for the holiday evening.  We shall see.  My guess is that the Atlantide menu will be more influenced by holiday and offer some traditional favourites - the La Dame menu usually does not vary.  That said, it is hard to be sure what will be offered with the "new and improved" and expensive La Dame onboard on the Nova.

5 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Not sure what you mean by one dinner for two?  And, as dinner reservations are not yet available for the Nova Holiday cruise (more than 120 days out), how did you lock into La Dame for Christmas?  Right now, La Dame (and the Japanese restaurant ) are not even listed on mysilversea.com for this sailing (allegedly due to IT issues that should be corrected soon.)  

I am sure that dinner will be lovely at all of the restaurants onboard.  As for the complaints, I would not take them very seriously; so many posters truly follow that old saying: If you cannot complain, you must be dead.....so keep complaining.

7 hours ago, LAL Cruiser said:

We are also on the Nova Holiday cruise - note that Christmas (not Christmas Eve) and New Year's are scheduled as Formal Nights.  We will try for La Dame on New Years Eve and do Atlantide for Christmas Eve - we are hoping that the larger restaurant will be more festive for the holiday evening.  We shall see.  My guess is that the Atlantide menu will be more influenced by holiday and offer some traditional favourites - the La Dame menu usually does not vary.  That said, it is hard to be sure what will be offered with the "new and improved" and expensive La Dame onboard on the Nova.

Not sure what you mean by one dinner for two?  And, as dinner reservations are not yet available for the Nova Holiday cruise (more than 120 days out), how did you lock into La Dame for Christmas?  Right now, La Dame (and the Japanese restaurant ) are not even listed on mysilversea.com for this sailing (allegedly due to IT issues that should be corrected soon.)  

I am sure that dinner will be lovely at all of the restaurants onboard.  As for the complaints, I would not take them very seriously; so many posters truly follow that old saying: If you cannot complain, you must be dead.....so keep complaining.

Sorry I didn’t mean to say we locked in dinner yet, I meant to say we plan to book one of them 120 days out (which is soon).  We are planning Silver Note for New Year’s eve.  But wanting Christmas eve kind of special dinner.

Looking forward to celebrating the holiday aboard; and hoping that Silversea resolves the mysilversea.com issue for restaurant reservations very soon.

We are most interested in the new La Dame product (see other thread) and we are cautiously optimistic that the increased price will be justified.

A friend who is a travel agent will be doing a familiarization cruise onboard the Nova later next week: I already provided a list of questions including whats going on in the Restuarants.

14 minutes ago, LAL Cruiser said:

Looking forward to celebrating the holiday aboard; and hoping that Silversea resolves the mysilversea.com issue for restaurant reservations very soon.

We are most interested in the new La Dame product (see other thread) and we are cautiously optimistic that the increased price will be justified.

A friend who is a travel agent will be doing a familiarization cruise onboard the Nova later next week: I already provided a list of questions including whats going on in the Restuarants.

Hope you share.

• Like 1