Alaska - August 2025 - R/T Out of Los Angeles - Just opened for booking!!

mikjr

We booked the 8/30/2025 Los Angeles-Alaska cruise yesterday.  We had no problem logging on and seeing prices.

This will be our fourth Los Angeles-Alaska cruise.  In 2018 and 2019 we took cruises on the Ruby Princess, the Emerald Princess and the Royal Princess.  We love the sea days.  Also, after six previous Alaska cruises this itinerary will include our second visits to Icy Strait Point and Sitka.

Pretty jazzed.  😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikjr said:

Just curious... where your favorite cabin is located??  

Mid ship on the Emerald deck.  
Actually, I like balcony cabins a lot more but since it’s a rather expensive sailing, we will settle for an obstructed OV cabin.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

Congratulations to all that were able to successfully get a cabin.  We have decided not to pursue the LA itinerary.  However, we were successful in making a reservation on the 17-day Seattle to Seattle May itinerary.  The cruise will give us everything we want in one itinerary.  Yes, pricing is high, but if it is anything like the early bookings for 2024, the prices will come down a bit and take the sting out of the cost. 

• Like 2

You lose all around. My TA is frantically working on trying to get me my cabin of choice. I should have had on board ONE try for me.  Too late now.

Latest issue.  Can’t use FCD because date expires before 2025.  Need a credit card hold.  Meaning no OBC.  What good are FCDs?  Aren’t they suppose to be valid for any future cruise if BOOKED  by expiration date?  

58 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You lose all around. My TA is frantically working on trying to get me my cabin of choice. I should have had on board ONE try for me.  Too late now.

Latest issue.  Can’t use FCD because date expires before 2025.  Need a credit card hold.  Meaning no OBC.  What good are FCDs?  Aren’t they suppose to be valid for any future cruise if BOOKED  by expiration date?  

I used a FCD purchased in 2022 that has been recycled several times and expires 10/24 for this booking.  No issues.  The expiration dates are book by dates.   So anything in your inventory should be available to place on the booking.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You’re correct…My FCDs bought on 4/7/22 were valid for cruises booked before the FCD’s Booked By date (4/5/24) for two Spring 2025 cruises.

Future Cruise Deposit 04/07/22 Book By 04/05/24

Edited by Astro Flyer

FCDs (Future Cruise Deposits) are issued with a two year timer.  Specifically, they must be applied to a new booking within two years.  The cruise can actually occur after two years.  My understanding is that if the two-year FCD expiration date is approaching, you can call Princess and get a one-year extension.  If an FCD does expire Princess returns the funds by crediting the credit card account to which the FCD was originally charged.  I have received refunds on expired FCDs in this fashion

.In the past few years a lot of confusion has arisen over the Princess policy regarding FCCs (Future Cruise Credits).  Most recently when the Ruby Princess was involved in an accident at the dock at San Francisco which delayed the start of the next cruise to Alaska, passengers who chose to continue on with the now shortened cruise were given bonus FCC as partial compensation.  This FCC came with the condition that the funds be used on a future cruise that had to commence within two years.  I am not sure, but I would not be surprised that bonus FCC that Princess was handing out when all those cruises were cancelled during the pandemic might have had expiration dates assigned to them. 

On 8/3/2023 at 4:41 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

I finally could get in this early AM.  I never thought this would happen, but I think Princess just out priced themselves for me.  Sticker shock!  My preferred cabins are sold out.  I will wait for the novelty to wear off and people to drop out.  

I saw all the suites were gone & almost all the insides (we do a balcony & inside across from each other) thought of you when all the window suites were gone...you are right about sticker shock!! it is way expensive but booked & have almost 2 years before any payment to see what Princess does & how the prices hold...

18 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

that's what I thought!!!! sigh...Princess is trying really hard to make us not love them anymore...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

When I saw the prices for this sailing, even for an S7, we booked with another cruise line on a different itinerary that offered far better pricing...

If it's the sailing I think you're referring to with a similar itinerary, the price difference is substantial. Thanks for the heads up!

On 8/3/2023 at 4:41 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

I finally could get in this early AM.  I never thought this would happen, but I think Princess just out priced themselves for me.  Sticker shock!  My preferred cabins are sold out.  I will wait for the novelty to wear off and people to drop out.  

Sticker Shock???  YUP, everything is higher since Covid and our current inflation rate is not helping!   I have family who rent a motel on the beach here in South Orange County, and are now paying over $400 per night.... that's ROOM only, no food or entertainment.   I checked hotel rooms in Hawaii during our last cruise...  Turtle Bay Resort on OAHU, starts at $500 per night...  ROOM, no food.    We just ate at DEL TACO today, and it was $21 dollars for two burritos!!  Talk about sticker shock!! 

Dollar for dollar, cruising is still the best deal in town.   We've looked at comparable cruise lines, and Princess is in the ball park cost wise for the Itineraries we require.  And since we are Elites on Princess, it doesn't pay to save a few bucks by jumping ship to another Cruise 

• Like 4

On 8/4/2023 at 5:04 PM, mikjr said:

Sticker Shock???  YUP, everything is higher since Covid and our current inflation rate is not helping!   I have family who rent a motel on the beach here in South Orange County, and are now paying over $400 per night.... that's ROOM only, no food or entertainment.   I checked hotel rooms in Hawaii during our last cruise...  Turtle Bay Resort on OAHU, starts at $500 per night...  ROOM, no food.    We just ate at DEL TACO today, and it was $21 dollars for two burritos!!  Talk about sticker shock!! 

Dollar for dollar, cruising is still the best deal in town.   We've looked at comparable cruise lines, and Princess is in the ball park cost wise for the Itineraries we require.  And since we are Elites on Princess, it doesn't pay to save a few bucks by jumping ship to another Cruise 

We booked on the one out of San Francisco .. you are so right about sticker shock.  
I asked my CVP to price out a BD balcony vs a OV obstructed oceanview.  She knows how we travel and our cost limits so she didn’t even bother to give me the quotes.  Yowsa, I really really want to take this cruise so, I will be happy in my OV cabin.  At least I really have time to save up for it .. it truly is an amazing itinerary!  

• Like 1

Could not get the cabin of my choice on this cruise (LA).  TA booked a mini (fighting with @Outerdog for the last remaining scraps).  On hold with an FCD (no confirmation yet...Princess is "backed up".

Then last night (of course after Princess was closed), I found one out of Seattle.  Really great itinerary.  Daughter lives up there.  So why not.  Live chatted with Princess this morning.  Agent really didn't want to deal with me since I work with a TA. 

All I wanted to do was put a hold on the cabin until my TA could pick it up.  Nope....need to book it with a FCD then do whatever.

How about telling me if there are any Window Suites available.  No matter which browser I use, I never can see available cabins.  At first, he didn't know where to look.  Then he had to do this and that while I waited for him to find these cabins.  F301 and F315 (accessible...grab it guys).  TA was able to secure F301 for me later this morning. 

23 months out.  Is this insanity?  Does anyone else ever have trouble "seeing" Window Suite availability?  I never can.  This morning, I couldn't even get into Princess.com to book something online.  Kept spinning when it came to choosing cabin.  

On the bright side....It looks like the Grand will be around in 2025.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Could not get the cabin of my choice on this cruise (LA).  TA booked a mini (fighting with @Outerdog for the last remaining scraps).  On hold with an FCD (no confirmation yet...Princess is "backed up".

Then last night (of course after Princess was closed), I found one out of Seattle.  Really great itinerary.  Daughter lives up there.  So why not.  Live chatted with Princess this morning.  Agent really didn't want to deal with me since I work with a TA. 

All I wanted to do was put a hold on the cabin until my TA could pick it up.  Nope....need to book it with a FCD then do whatever.

How about telling me if there are any Window Suites available.  No matter which browser I use, I never can see available cabins.  At first, he didn't know where to look.  Then he had to do this and that while I waited for him to find these cabins.  F301 and F315 (accessible...grab it guys).  TA was able to secure F301 for me later this morning. 

23 months out.  Is this insanity?  Does anyone else ever have trouble "seeing" Window Suite availability?  I never can.  This morning, I couldn't even get into Princess.com to book something online.  Kept spinning when it came to choosing cabin.  

On the bright side....It looks like the Grand will be around in 2025.

hope you get the room you want!

• Thanks 1