Alaska - August 2025 - R/T Out of Los Angeles - Just opened for booking!!

mikjr

4 hours ago, mikjr said:

Finally!!!   Princess is offering the 16 day Alaska cruise - Round Trip - out of Los Angeles!  We had this one booked in 2020... and then COVID changed our lives!!  

We booked this morning!  

We booked, too.  We had two or three LA round trips booked between 2019 and 2020.  One on the Sun was cancelled because the ship was sold, and the last on the Golden (?) due to Covid.  I’m pretty sure there was one before the Sun when the ship was deployed somewhere else.  I’m hoping this one is a go, and that we won’t be the ones having to cancel🤞

4 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

No prices yet on 2025 Alaska when I went from my e-mail or directly to the site.

I am able to see pricing.  Someone above in post #27 suggested trying another browser.  Worth a try??

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My TA and I can’t see it.  She is trying to get me my cabin of choice. It’s still early and hope something becomes available. Goes to show you Princess needs more than one run. 

I just called my TA and she said that Princess has not released the cabins to them for booking.  She suggested that I book with Princess and then transfer the booking to them.  Since bookings for the general public go on sale tomorrow, I think I will just wait so this doesn't become a big mess.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My TA and I can’t see it.  She is trying to get me my cabin of choice. It’s still early and hope something becomes available. Goes to show you Princess needs more than one run. 

The cruises were available for booking around 8:00am Pacific this morning.   We are booked in our desired location.   Does not look like heavy bookings as of an hour or so ago.   Prices are definitely higher than in the past LA round trips.

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I still can’t.  Might check with on board ONE tomorrow. 

I would go to the Internet cafe and see if you can log on there.  Have had issues being on a cruise and unable to access to Elite booking in the past.   If you feel comfortable let me know the cabin you are interested in and I will check if it is still available and the very inflated prices.

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Are you Elite.  If so, you should have gotten an email from Princess.  I went to my email and saw the Alaska announcement.  When I looked at the email there was a little box that said "Book now".  I hit that and it took me into the website.  

YesI am.  Currently have a cabin on hold.  Thank you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Was thinking about the one on the Grand as I've actually never been on that ship.. A bit early in the season, tho'.

It's the best time to go for all the snow is still out on the mountains and Glacier Bay

• Thanks 1

I finally could get in this early AM.  I never thought this would happen, but I think Princess just out priced themselves for me.  Sticker shock!  My preferred cabins are sold out.  I will wait for the novelty to wear off and people to drop out.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I finally could get in this early AM.  I never thought this would happen, but I think Princess just out priced themselves for me.  Sticker shock!  My preferred cabins are sold out.  I will wait for the novelty to wear off and people to drop out.  

Sticker shock is right!  I thought about you when I got online at 8:00am Pacific time and looked for a window suite…all were gone!  I then checked for an aft, Vista or Penthouse for the wake view and large balcony, and grabbed the last Penthouse.  I just checked this morning and all suites are sold out. I have over a year to decide if I really want to spend that much, but at least I know I have it if I’m able.  

I truly wish the cruise was earlier in the season.  May is my favorite time for Alaska.  That may make it easier for me if I must cancel…

Hopefully one of your preferred cabins will open up!  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Crystabel said:

We booked this just as the clock struck 8:00AM. I had an eye on a particular cabin and didn’t want to lose it. It’s a fantastic itinerary! 

I got a call at 8:00 AM as well yesterday .. but darn, my favorite cabin was already sold.  But, we got the one right next door.  I just like the head of the bed to face forward .. I sleep better that way.  There’s still plenty of time so if I see it open, I will put a hold on it and have my CVP switch us.  If not, I will just put a pillow at the foot of the bed and ask for an extra duvet.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I just called my TA and she said that Princess has not released the cabins to them for booking.  She suggested that I book with Princess and then transfer the booking to them.

We put ours on hold yesterday and then forwarded it to my TA to book today as it was after hours when we could finally get through. It took at least an hour with the two of us trying to get in as it kept looping after login. Glad to get our cabin of choice. Yes, prices are extremely high but we'll hold on and wait for the price drops...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Glad to get our cabin of choice. Yes, prices are extremely high but we'll hold on and wait for the price drops...

Congrats!!   keep us posted if you see any price drops.,  probably won't be for a while, but we've got 2 years, and it does happen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I got a call at 8:00 AM as well yesterday .. but darn, my favorite cabin was already sold.  But, we got the one right next door.  I just like the head of the bed to face forward .. I sleep better that way.  

Just curious... where your favorite cabin is located??  

I priced out a Connoisseur Cruise Tour yesterday on Coral Princess. Fares are a fair bit higher than similar dates in 2024 with ZERO perks, not even a reduced deposit or onboard credit.  I think I'll wait for a better offer than the $50pp measly Launch Fare savings.  

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

15 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I priced out a Connoisseur Cruise Tour yesterday on Coral Princess. Fares are a fair bit higher than similar dates in 2024 with ZERO perks, not even a reduced deposit or onboard credit.  I think I'll wait for a better offer than the $50pp measly Launch Fare savings.  

Alaskan cruises are super popular so I would not wait too long as cabins go fast especially for families over the summer