Suite deck sail away

Just now, robntawn said:

We are 2 couples in suites aboard Wonder. We have 2 other couples traveling with us in regular balcony rooms. Would it be possible to bring them up as guests during sailaway?

Not without breaking the rules, no.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, plutosmom said:

I believe Wonder is the first RCI ship to have a dedicated Suite sun deck separate from any other structure.  We were in an OS for the May 2922 transatlantic and enjoyed the Suite deck daily.  

We were in GS #1700 on the Wonder TA and enjoyed the Suite Sun Deck also. Used a pool towel for possible soot issues. Enjoyed the location and quietness!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, long4acruise said:

We were in GS #1700 on the Wonder TA and enjoyed the Suite Sun Deck also. Used a pool towel for possible soot issues. Enjoyed the location and quietness!

No soot issues in June (though I heard about the problem beforehand & could see the stains on the cushions up there). Not sure if it was luck, wind direction, or they fixed something.

It was a ghost town up there all week for whatever reason as well.

Edited by OCSC Mike

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Did you actually watch the video?  What don't you understand?  The OP wants to know can they bring non-suite people to the area.  The answer is no.

Interesting. I was actually the guest of a friend on the inaugural, and she got permission from Concierge for me to come up and spend time at suite sun deck and to have lunch at Suite restaurant 

1 minute ago, robntawn said:

Interesting. I was actually the guest of a friend on the inaugural, and she got permission from Concierge for me to come up and spend time at suite sun deck and to have lunch at Suite restaurant 

Inaugural could be the reason.  Ask the concierge if it is important to you. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, robntawn said:

That was very nice, I hope you enjoyed it and realized that you had some sort of special permission and your experience is not what others can expect.

I probably wouldn’t talk about exceptions to the rule, too much on a public website.  Others who are not supposed to have access, will expect special permission as well.

m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2023 at 3:47 PM, robntawn said:

We are 2 couples in suites aboard Wonder. We have 2 other couples traveling with us in regular balcony rooms. Would it be possible to bring them up as guests during sailaway?

You can bring them up.  It's not like they have people standing guard at the doors, although they will have to come with you in order to access Deck 18.  We "snuck" people up there for our Cabin Crawl on the TA last year (meaning that I held the door open for our groups and no one tried to stop me).  

On 8/2/2023 at 6:11 PM, steveru621 said:

Where is the deck? VIEW of the boardwalk and aqua theater?

The Suite Sun Deck is on Deck 18 and overlooks the back of the ship down into the Boardwalk and a partial view of the Aquatheater, but mainly of the Sports Deck.

23 minutes ago, Teeara said:

You can bring them up.  It's not like they have people standing guard at the doors, although they will have to come with you in order to access Deck 18.  We "snuck" people up there for our Cabin Crawl on the TA last year (meaning that I held the door open for our groups and no one tried to stop me).

Just because no one is enforcing rules means it's OK to break them?

What if every suite guest "snuck" a few friends up there?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Just because no one is enforcing rules means it's OK to break them?

What if every suite guest "snuck" a few friends up there?

Whoa!  Not once did I say anything about sneaking anyone up anywhere. When my friend brought me up to visit, she obtained permission from the Concierge. I too will ask the Concierge for permission. If the answer is no, then that’s that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, robntawn said:

Whoa!  Not once did I say anything about sneaking anyone up anywhere. When my friend brought me up to visit, she obtained permission from the Concierge. I too will ask the Concierge for permission. If the answer is no, then that’s that. 

I was quoting and responding to the poster who said (her words) that she snuck her friends up to the suite sun deck.

You did absolutely nothing wrong.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I was quoting and responding to the poster who said (her words) that she snuck her friends up to the suite sun deck.

You did absolutely nothing wrong.

I agree with you. One doing this leads to others.

i know someone who just sailed on Wonder and the chair hogs in this area were horrendous.  Maybe they were all suite guests but who knows. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

One doing this leads to others.

That's the issue.

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

i know someone who just sailed on Wonder and the chair hogs in this area were horrendous.  Maybe they were all suite guests but who knows. 

I also saw someone report some of this as well as a group of teens who definitely weren't suite guests suddenly appearing one day to eat up there and make a bunch of noise. She was not happy to say the least.

Oddly, when I was on Wonder in June with extended family, the suite deck was a ghost town. There was one woman chair hogging one particular round day bed type seat in a corner every morning and then our family of 8 had our pick of the other day beds. The crew was even nice enough to put out towels for us on the 2 day beds we kept using each morning once they knew we were actually heading there after breakfast every morning.