Magnifica vs Seashore - your thoughts?

noshoobie

We will be booking our 2nd MSC cruise soon. Our two choices both leave on the same date and have almost the same itinerary. One leaves out of Miami and the other departs from Port Canaveral but that is not an issue with us. We will be booking the Bella experience. For those who have been on either the Magnifica or the Seashore (or both) I would love to hear your thoughts on the ship and your experience. For the record, we cruised on the Meraviglia in May and we LOVED it!

I have not been on either ship, although I have been on Seaside, and will be again this month.  I think you should take two things into consideration:

1.  Ease of travel to the port;

2.  Although you said you will be booking Bella (which seems to always to be a gty), if you are more than a couple, on Magnifica the inside and OV cabins for more than two have the bunks on the side walls.  And there seem to be a lot of quad OV cabins.  On Seashore the insides have the bunks in the ceiling but the OV cabins seem to have a sleeper sofa.  This observation is from pictures on cruisedeckplans.  
   One other comment…both times I booked Seaside I booked gty.  The first time I saw that there were 40 Fantastica OV cabins, and 1300 balconies.  Gambled I would get a balcony, and I did.  This time I am sailing solo and do not care about cabin type.  I booked Fantastica inside gty, and again got a balcony.  
Your choice.  EM

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Do NOT choose the Magnifica!!!!!

We just got off a 21 day transatlantic on the Magnifica This month.   Nice ship, BUT it was missing so much.  Every day we heard so many complaints, and it seamed like those who choose not to complain kept justifying the lack based on the lower cost of the cruise.  I won’t get into it all,  but trust me, choose the seascape !!! Most people said they would not cruise MSC again, but anyone who had cruised on other MSC ships ( including ourselves) said that their previous experiences were good.   All of those individuals talked about the newer bigger ships, all being great.  Even the crew would say “not on this CLASS of ship”. Look up the reviews, they are accurate!1

We’ve heard great things about the seaside . Seascape.  I would NOT book the 2 older / smaller class MSC ships again unless the price was rock bottom. The Divina/ Splendida class and ABOVE will be good. 

We were actually grateful that our upcoming Orchestra cruise was canceled and we were able to move our booking to a better ship. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have sailed Magnifica and Seaside (as well as Poesia, Divina and Meraviglia), would recommend the newer ship when sailing the Caribbean, more outdoor spaces.  Magnifica was built for colder climates.  But Magnifica is usually much cheaper to sail being an older ship.

We had cruised from Miami several and once we got used to with Port Canaveral no look back for us because this port is easy to get to and the parking is also so much easy.

We had cruised on MSC several times from port Canaveral and our next one will be on the Seashore in a few weeks.  All our MSC cruises were not YC but good for the money we paid for.

Happy cruising

On 11/30/2023 at 9:19 PM, Lady_E said:

Haven't been yet, but I'm booked on Magnifica in January. Not sure when you're going, but I'll report back. 

optimistic greetings. I appear to be on that same sailing

15 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

We had cruised from Miami several and once we got used to with Port Canaveral no look back for us because this port is easy to get to and the parking is also so much easy.

We had cruised on MSC several times from port Canaveral and our next one will be on the Seashore in a few weeks.  All our MSC cruises were not YC but good for the money we paid for.

Happy cruising

Be warned that parking at Port Canaveral Terminal 10 is markedly degraded over the last two months with construction of a new second garage. The construction may take as long as 18 months. In a few weeks it may be okay as Terminal 10 will return to only two ships. In either case bag drop has shifted and even the crosswalks on the street out front have been shifted.

MSC needs to consider building its own dedicated terminal at Port Canaveral. Hopefully after Port Miami terminal is open and Galveston is done, PC will get one. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 10:44 PM, warren buffet said:

optimistic greetings. I appear to be on that same sailing

Hi! Maybe I'll see you on board, Warren. We can discuss stocks and the market! 😄

On 1/2/2024 at 9:33 AM, kelleherdl said:

Be warned that parking at Port Canaveral Terminal 10 is markedly degraded over the last two months with construction of a new second garage. The construction may take as long as 18 months. In a few weeks it may be okay as Terminal 10 will return to only two ships. In either case bag drop has shifted and even the crosswalks on the street out front have been shifted.

MSC needs to consider building its own dedicated terminal at Port Canaveral. Hopefully after Port Miami terminal is open and Galveston is done, PC will get one. 

We are sailing on the 18th.  Has anyone parked in the garage recently?   If we use GoPort, what is the earliest they will bring you to the terminal?

5 hours ago, KennyFla said:

We are sailing on the 18th.  Has anyone parked in the garage recently?   If we use GoPort, what is the earliest they will bring you to the terminal?

The existing parking garage at Terminal 10 is still open. Almost all of the surface parking to the east side is torn up. Passenger parking has been extended to what used to be employee surface parking on the west side of the garage. When I was there two weeks ago there appeared to still be available parking, just a longer walk to the terminal.