8-3-23 Thursday Weigh-In---Is August A Good Month For You?

Belle

Is August the last month of summer adding in Labor Day Weekend

a good or bad month for you losing weight?

Are you really going to try to lose weight or be happy to stay the same.

because there's lots of things going on that have--summer food and drink.?

Sorry late in posting I have not been feeling well, a cold then hurt shoulder...(really painful)

Was in bed for day and a half and I am supposed to leave Sat. for 40 days. I'm not ready,

moving slowly. (I was slow getting ready to begin with thinking had the extra days)

Feel a little better today so hope it means each day better, and not more pain after doing things like

typing, getting stuff ready and packing, of course is right shoulder. I'm right-handed.

OK enough whining from me. As I said before leaving Sat. for 40 days. The 1st 10 days won't have internet.

but next 30 I should. So, I will come in off and on. So, if Izena if you would like to start on Thursday posts.

that would be nice but if she can't, will someone please start it.

Please think good thoughts for me that I feel better soon and enjoy my cruises.

Of course, I wish the same for all of you, that you feel fine and enjoy whatever you do.

• Like 1

I still don't feel good and am still testing positive for covid.  I was to go away this weekend to my SIL's funeral, but, DH is going by himself.  All his siblings will be there.

I am down 0.6# this week.  Thought it would be more, I have no appetite (not even for wine!).  I will take any loss!

Hope everyone had a good week.  Jan

Oh no Belle sorry about your shoulder. Take a heating pad, and gallon size ziplock for ice packs.  Keep you hand tucked in a pocket or waistband to decrease arm movement.  It sucks to get old - I feel like I’m falling apart piece by piece. 

JAN so sorry co-vid is hanging on.  Good side it will decrease your calorie intact

I’m a lb lower than I thought.  Went to dr . Got all prescriptions I asked for. And a consult for cardiology - could have been dehydration. — regardless at my age a good cardiac work up is a good idea.   

• Like 1

Jan--So sorry you're still not feeling well. Still testing Positive. You must be bad--No Wine?

I'm glad husband is feeling better and is going. Nice you had a loss should be more when

you don't feel good and don't each much.

Izena--Thank you for the sorry and the advice. Your right, getting old sucks. WE fall apart before our eyes. Next month a birthday and will be a year older. Yikes!!!!

Nice you had a loss and went to the doc and got what you wanted.

I thought I would have lost but no, stayed the same. Not fair when you don't eat much------

I know who said life was fair.

Hope to see everyone else in here soon. Take care.

• Like 1

Belle I was thinking of you all day, knew something had to be wrong. I hope you start feeling better quickly.

Jan hopefully you’ll feel much better by the time your husband returns.

I spent a weekend at my parents which usually means I put on weight especially since we went to the market and out for ice cream. Good news though is I still managed to loose 2.2lb. Now to keep this up till my cruise in 5 weeks. 11 more pounds would be amazing.

Tonight I went on a date and had a great time. We talked for hours and really enjoyed each others company. Dating while loosing weight is hard. Attracting a partner who lives a healthy life when your overweight isn’t easy.

• Like 1

Thank you solo. Better not great. This isn't me but still getting packed.

As you know when not feeling well (know you've all had your problems)

it takes you longer to get things done, always sitting down to rest. But I will make it!

Good weight loss especially being away for the weekend. Your cruise will be here

before you know it. Think Susan leaves this weekend for her cruise.

I'm glad you had a good time on your date and enjoyed each other's company.

Another date soon?

Well bye ladies will try to keep in contact some but just want to relax, enjoy the sights and sounds.

Not that I'm in a hurry to come home but when I do. New Floors! Yea!

Take care everyone

Belle hope you’re enjoying your cruise.  Sure you will feel better - cruising is your happy place.

Solo good for you you’re having great losses.  Glad you had a good date.  I’m too old for that but get all my social needs met at dog park.

Jan are you feeling better?

The heat is sucking the life out of me.  Walked a mile this morning (dog’s decision ) temp at 8:30 83 with feels like 97.  I did schedule for a generator.  Our power grid isn’t dependable.  Last night power went out x3 each time about an hour.  GOOD NEWS I think I’m finally back on track eating better.