Chef’s Table price please?

Werangels

$95 pp per table is probably correct. If you go into the Azamara web site under deals, there is a dining package available for the three chef's tables listed at $250. per person. That would translate to $84 per meal, per person, which makes the individual $95 price look pretty accurate. For the record, we've been on many Aza cruises, with a significant number of C.T.s on board, and they are not equal. The French and Italian are pretty standard, both excellent, personally I prefer the Italian to the French. I have found on several occasions, the Italian wines selected were far superior to the French. We have had a "California" experience (I could have stayed home for that), and a nouveau-Japanese on a sailing to Japan. It was nouveau as advertised. It was not Japanese, nor were the wines, etc. Hey, even I make mistakes sometimes. Bottom line, the dining packages will save a few dollars, not a great deal, but there is the psychological satisfaction of saving some money, and the Chef's Table is actually superior dining to either Prime C or Acqualina,  and both Prime and Acqua are tough acts to follow. Hope this helps you, start dieting now, and put the food money towards the cruise, and just have a wonderful time. (And ignore the IT grief the company is giving you, everything is going to be wonderful on board.)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Found the Chef’s Table Arabic menu.

image.thumb.jpeg.eee3db09fd79f0ef735c0e27b483d33f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.05ddc73f72f701a5e4efa9ee3e845fdb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ac7be22b75fbcb245889da9c1a9d078b.jpeg

Thank you.  That sounds amazing.  We love Lebanese/Middle Eastern and often cook it at home.  That’s enough to send me looking at a Suez crossing 😅.

The Arabic chef's table was cancelled early on in my Adriatic cruise last October, and replaced by a second seating for the popular French table.  That made it impossible to use the three-table package.  I hadn't bought it, so I don't know what they did about refunds [pro-rated so you kept the discount on the two you still had, or re-charged as 2 x $95].  They don't seem to have found a third menu that really sells.

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The Arabic chef's table was cancelled early on in my Adriatic cruise last October, and replaced by a second seating for the popular French table.  That made it impossible to use the three-table package.  I hadn't bought it, so I don't know what they did about refunds [pro-rated so you kept the discount on the two you still had, or re-charged as 2 x $95].  They don't seem to have found a third menu that really sells.

We just barely had enough people sign up for the Chef to give the OK. I think folks are leery about trying the Arabic. We walked away sated feeling we maybe had just experienced the best Chef’s Table menu.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

We just barely had enough people sign up for the Chef to give the OK. I think folks are leery about trying the Arabic. We walked away sated feeling we maybe had just experienced the best Chef’s Table menu.

That is such a shame.  Arabic is so tasty and Lebanese wines are wonderful.  It is the home of Mediterranean/Turkish cookery; it all stems from this.  

3 minutes ago, Werangels said:

That is such a shame.  Arabic is so tasty and Lebanese wines are wonderful.  It is the home of Mediterranean/Turkish cookery; it all stems from this.  

I don’t believe we had any Lebanese wines at Chef’s Table. I don’t believe I have ever tried Lebanese wines. Would be very open to try. Do they export?

6 hours ago, aliaschief said:

I don’t believe we had any Lebanese wines at Chef’s Table. I don’t believe I have ever tried Lebanese wines. Would be very open to try. Do they export?

The only one I've had is Chateau Musar, exported to the United States, and it was very good.

Oh, and that Arabic Chef's Table menu looked delicious!

Edited by JYDCruise
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, aliaschief said:

They are available in the UK.  In fact, Aldi one of the discount supermarkets stocked a nice one but have just discontinued it after several years.  Waitrose, premium supermarket stock Chateau Musar. You tend to find them more in restaurants that have an extensive wine list.  I always look for them as you are generally guaranteed a treat.  I am talking about the reds from Bekaa Valley, Chateau Musar being one of the best.

If you ever get a chance to try it, don’t hesitate!

• Like 3

On 8/4/2023 at 10:23 AM, betsey said:

We paid $95 last week. Quite a deal compared to prices on land. 

is in a deal?   they’re going to feed you somewhere anyway subtract that cost and it looks about right to me.

8 hours ago, gowilk said:

is in a deal?   they’re going to feed you somewhere anyway subtract that cost and it looks about right to me.

Just paid $311 for dinner for two and a good Malbec at a fine  steakhouse in a Boston suburb.  Chef's Table is a deal.  As are the specialties.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1