Juice Bar

Californian

Has anyone with the Princess Plus package that was bought before December 2022 been able to get the items at the Juice Bar without an extra charge?   We bought the Princess Plus package before December 2022 and are hoping that it is included in our package.     

56 minutes ago, Californian said:

Has anyone with the Princess Plus package that was bought before December 2022 been able to get the items at the Juice Bar without an extra charge?   We bought the Princess Plus package before December 2022 and are hoping that it is included in our package.     

Yes, we booked with the $50 and Juice Bar was included.  Premium desserts and exercise classes were not. Highly recommend Juice Bar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

We paid $50 and had juice bar included. Premium desserts and exercises were not. 

THIS is what I see under Onboard Services for a cruise where we paid $50:

image.png.ad629abd16461148f4105bf6d4841356.png

THIS is what I see for a cruise where we paid the $60

image.thumb.png.03b28b728b6598db342dadf18f96025f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

THIS is what I see under Onboard Services for a cruise where we paid $50:

image.png.ad629abd16461148f4105bf6d4841356.png

THIS is what I see for a cruise where we paid the $60

image.thumb.png.03b28b728b6598db342dadf18f96025f.png

What we saw was juice in a glass in our hands a couple times a morning from the juice bar in the pastry shop to soothe hangovers.

We were told it was included, but we weren't able to get desserts or fitness classes.

Three separate voyages with $50 plus on Discovery Princess.

Our next cruises we have $60 plus.

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

What we saw was juice in a glass in our hands a couple times a morning from the juice bar in the pastry shop to soothe hangovers.

We were told it was included, but we weren't able to get desserts or fitness classes.

Three separate voyages with $50 plus on Discovery Princess.

Our next cruises we have $60 plus.

Very cool. Glad you were able to get the juice. I will have to stick to the standard orange, grapefruit, and tomato as those are available at breakfast. The snazzy juices likely won't be included on the cruise I listed above. If they are I will be pleasantly surprised.

Did you try them all? What was your favorite of the new juices?

We have a "mix" of cruises coming up. 63 days on Grand Princess. 31 days at the Standard fare, 14 days at the Plus 50 fare, and then 18 days at the Plus 60 fare. The first 31 days are in an inside cabin and the last 32 days are in a Caribe deck balcony. Like I said, quite a "mix". We just added on the 31 days in the inside cabins today. We cancelled our flight to Melbourne and swapped a looooooooooong flight for the 31 days of lodging, meals, and entertainment. It cost only $180 more than the flight we cancelled.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Scirocco Breeze said:

Trying to decide whether to upgrade to Plus, from the Plus I've already paid for...my next cruise is on Diamond, so already there is a paucity of the paid for casual dining options to factor in. Can anyone confirm whether they have the juice bar?

Diamond Princess has the Juice Bar midship on Deck 14.and it’s open from 7 am to 2 pm.  My understanding is that the only casual dining venue on this ship is Kai Sushi 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thrak said:

Very cool. Glad you were able to get the juice. I will have to stick to the standard orange, grapefruit, and tomato as those are available at breakfast. The snazzy juices likely won't be included on the cruise I listed above. If they are I will be pleasantly surprised.

Did you try them all? What was your favorite of the new juices?

We have a "mix" of cruises coming up. 63 days on Grand Princess. 31 days at the Standard fare, 14 days at the Plus 50 fare, and then 18 days at the Plus 60 fare. The first 31 days are in an inside cabin and the last 32 days are in a Caribe deck balcony. Like I said, quite a "mix". We just added on the 31 days in the inside cabins today. We cancelled our flight to Melbourne and swapped a looooooooooong flight for the 31 days of lodging, meals, and entertainment. It cost only $180 more than the flight we cancelled.

Booster is my go-to with a splash of orange and a squeeze of lemon. It's the closest thing to the Ginger Rise we have on land at our local market. The Rejuvenator is also very good.  But no, haven't tried them all - a creature of habit when I find something good, I stick with it. 

We do a juice cleanse a few times a year, so we were thrilled when Princess announced this offering. YMMV as to which ship the juice bar is included with your $50 plus. As I mentioned, we were on Discovery Princess for three voyages where it was included. Not b2b, but pretty close and the juice bar guy had moved from The Mix, and remembered us.

Good on you adding 31 days. Cruising is the best.

29 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

Can you get a glass of just one kind of juice or do you have to get one of  the combinations listed?  None of them appeal to me.  Thanks.

On Discovery, no. They have glasses of juice/smoothies at the breakfast buffet.

They do not taste great at all, the juice bar offerings. The benefit of feeling 100% and then some is worth the pain of drinking it. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/5/2023 at 11:19 AM, Californian said:

Diamond Princess has the Juice Bar midship on Deck 14.and it’s open from 7 am to 2 pm.  My understanding is that the only casual dining venue on this ship is Kai Sushi 

How did you like the juices / smoothies? I'm traveling on the Diamond Princess in May and don't drink much alcohol but the juices/smoothies do sound tempting to me. However I was told by the customer rep online that only the Majestic Princess had the juice bars? Thank you! 

4 hours ago, katalystkat said:

How did you like the juices / smoothies? I'm traveling on the Diamond Princess in May and don't drink much alcohol but the juices/smoothies do sound tempting to me. However I was told by the customer rep online that only the Majestic Princess had the juice bars? Thank you! 

On the Sapphire the juice bar was out by the pool. Juice bar in the morning and ice cream in the afternoon.  
We had one smoothie ( on a 32 day cruise!) but several days we got either fresh squeezed oj or grapefruit juice. And they do make them from the fruit itself right in front of you. 

On 8/6/2023 at 8:46 AM, startedwithamouse said:

On Discovery, no. They have glasses of juice/smoothies at the breakfast buffet.

They do not taste great at all, the juice bar offerings. The benefit of feeling 100% and then some is worth the pain of drinking it. 

I tried all of the ones not made in a blender. Those are the last two on the list. Stupidly (Princess is really great at this) two of them have similar names. I loved the Immune Booster and The Cleanser. The Cleanser sounded pretty "iffy" to me but it turned out that I absolutely loved the thing. Like I said, I loved the Immune Booster but the one simply called The Booster was (my wife agreed with me) absolutely disgusting. I think it was the ground Turmeric (I believe it really should be Turmeric but...) that they used. It tasted horrid. I had both the Immune Booster and The Cleanser many mornings. Of course I usually supplemented it with Vitamin B (a shot of Bulleit Bourbon) as well. A great way to start the day. I also tended to have a Vanilla Latte with 3 shots of Espresso in the morning. Ahhh... Cruising. Nothing at all like "real life" where I tend to have a toasted bagel with nothing added for breakfast. 😲

image.jpeg.3836926b3608421c40ca23f1266a84cb.jpeg

• Thanks 1