Covid Policy

LoveBora

Sadly, Covid is still around. Does anyone know what Crystal’s policy is in regard to Covid? I couldn’t find any reference to it on their website. Will they treat passengers who test positive and allow them to remain in their staterooms? Or will positive passengers be forced off at the next port, as they were in 2021? I was recently on a cruise on Regent when both my husband and myself tested positive. We were allowed to stay in our stateroom, were prescribed Paxlovid, had daily visits from the nurse, and, in general, were treated very well. It would be good to know how Crystal plans on handling such cases. 

• Like 1

Karen,

My understanding is it is the same as you have said.  

Just like any illness one won't be required to leave the ship unless their symptoms warranted it.

There are no longer any special policies for Covid as there are none for the Flu.

Keith

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I am curious of Crystal's sanitation policy on board.  From some pictures I've seen the buffets are self serving again with one utensil for all.  How about reminders for guests to use the sanitizer stations before entering the restaurant?   Any info at all is appreciated.  Thanks, Gary

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

Your chances of getting Covid from the buffet utensils are very much less than from breathing the air.

Totally...  Norovirus is a different story though...

Honestly it's been over a year since I saw any hotels or restaurants have any Covid-specific practices in place any longer.  (Other than reduced staffing and guest services.)  I can't even remember the last time I saw either have sanitizer available, or if they had a dispenser out, that it was actually stocked.  ...For better or worse.

Vince

6 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Totally...  Norovirus is a different story though...

Honestly it's been over a year since I saw any hotels or restaurants have any Covid-specific practices in place any longer.  (Other than reduced staffing and guest services.)  I can't even remember the last time I saw either have sanitizer available, or if they had a dispenser out, that it was actually stocked.  ...For better or worse.

Vince

I've been working on a project requiring hotel overnights. Sanitizers by the elevators and front desk Clorox wipes you can take to your room.   Room service delivered with plastic silverware in a paperbag.  Room attendant on request.  Stayed 6 times in June/July and August

• Like 2

I’m currently on a cruise (not Crystal) where hand sanitizer has always been visible everywhere, plus hand washing stations. Yesterday we were all asked to frequently wash our hands and report any gastrointestinal illness. Of course, the hand sanitizer is useless against norovirus, but too many people will think using hand sanitizer is enough. 

There is a sign outside Marketplace about sanitizing hands as there was before.

On occasion the Daily Reflections had a note about using the hand sanitizers before entering dining venues including as one of the highlighted items on the cover page.

Keith

3 hours ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

I've been working on a project requiring hotel overnights. Sanitizers by the elevators and front desk Clorox wipes you can take to your room.   Room service delivered with plastic silverware in a paperbag.  Room attendant on request.  Stayed 6 times in June/July and August

Nice!  I’ve had none of that this year….  I stayed at a Hilton+branded property last year that had little packs of wipes available upon request at the desk, but even that was last seen 11 months ago.  😞. I still see dispensers about, but as someone who has always used sanitizer and has been happy to use up someone else’s first, I’ve has less than 50% success this summer on the dispensers actually still being filled by the 0roperty anymore.  I stayed at a Kimptons in July that actually just took one down completely when I told them it was empty.  🫤

Vince

• Like 1

As I noted earlier.

IMG_2421.thumb.jpeg.760a2276e2f3570c86ddb57bbf368660.jpeg

Protocols are like they were before Covid.

In other words, if there was an outbreak of Noro Virus on-board then protocols would be implemented as they were in the past.

Overall, signage is as it was before Covid-19 in terms of what is visible to us. 

Keith

• Like 1

Most better buffets now start with packages of lightweight, oversize, clear plastic gloves that are easy to take on and off. That is something Crystal should implement. It may have nothing to do with Covid, but a lot to do with other transmittable illnesses like Noro. 

It’s better to be preventive than reactive. 

Edited by Cruise-y
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cruise-y said:

Most better buffets now start with packages of lightweight, oversize, clear plastic gloves that are easy to take on and off. That is something Crystal should implement. It may have nothing to do with Covid, but a lot to do with other transmittable illnesses like Noro. 

It’s better to be preventive than reactive. 

Guest don't even use sanitizer and you really think they are going to put gloves on.  I doubt it. 

• Like 3

Not sure but growing up we called it a smorgasbord which I believe originated in Norway.  We also called the dessert table a viennese table and it was a big to do at weddings, bar mitzvah's in New York and surrounding areas and I am talking about dessert which was out of this world.  

In our situation we avoid buffets but that is due to the closeness of the tables.  

For years our approach was to go to Marketplace for lunch when it opened so we were first in.  

For us that was great because I wanted to play Paddle Tennis early afternoon.

One of my favorites was someone picking up a plate, realizing it wasn't open and starting to put it back.My response you picked up the plate so you own it.

Worst is people walking by there and utensils are not yet out and they pick up the food with their hands.

Oh those were the days.

Keith

• Like 2

I got a bad cold on the inaugural cruise. Before I went down to see the Dr. I tested and thankfully was negative. When I went down (masked), I was told they don't even test anymore unless the person asks. They do have tests for the three; covid, flu and RSV.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

Correct. But I can use the gloves so I am not touching utensils they picked up. It’s for my protection. 

You can. I would bring them.  We bring several items with us and have done that for years.  We have been very careful way before Covid or before many protocols that people are now aware of were well known.

• Like 2

I've been a germophobe before COVID and I generally just make sure to always have sanitizer especially if I have to go to a buffet. I very much don't trust people. It doesn't matter where or who you are; I have seen carnival and crystal guests pee and walk out without washing hands at about the same rate. At times directly into the buffet line.

That said, never really got sick on Crystal. Most likely due to the lower density of people.

Edited by Embowaf
  • Like 1