Which Celebrity ships have been revolutionised?

Traderboy

I know that Edge was the first in 2019.

I read recently that there are now 3 Edge class ships.  Which are they?

But how may have already been revolutionised?   What does this actually mean?

I'd appreciate further information including the names  of the ships involved.

Here is a quick link to a PDF of the overview of all Celebrity ships. https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

Below is a listing of the ships that have gone through the full Celebrity Revolution process. Note: all further Revolution refurbishments are on indefinite hold since the pandemic and industry shutdown. 

• Celebrity Millennium — February 9, 2019 — Completed!
  • Celebrity Summit — March 23, 2019 — Completed!
  • Celebrity Equinox — June 1, 2019 — Completed!
  • Celebrity Silhouette — February 14, 2020 — Completed!
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Here is a quick link to a PDF of the overview of all Celebrity ships. https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

Below is a listing of the ships that have gone through the full Celebrity Revolution process. Note: all further Revolution refurbishments are on indefinite hold since the pandemic and industry shutdown. 

Equinox only completed a part revolution. No where near as nice as Silhouette.

3 hours ago, Traderboy said:

I know that Edge was the first in 2019.

I read recently that there are now 3 Edge class ships.  Which are they?

But how may have already been revolutionised?   What does this actually mean?

I'd appreciate further information including the names  of the ships involved.

There are three different classes of ships with Celebrity.

M class, the oldest. As mentioned two of their ships have been revolutionised.

S class are the next. Mainly similar layout but the Reflection is slightly bigger and has more suites. Silhouette has been revolutionised, Equinox has been partially revolutionised.

E class are the newest. You can find all the ships listed with their categories on the website.

Be aware as you research different people have different views. For example, some love the E class, others (me included) find S class our sweet spot. Others love the size and layout of the M class despite their age…

Also be aware that it can depend on what room category you are looking at as to what suits you best. For example, if you are looking at a suite only E class and the revolutionised ships have a suite deck. Then within the suite decks there are real differences…

I strongly suggest you do some ship tours first of all ship types, then look at itineraries. After that consider the rooms you are considering and which ships can offer you the best overall experience…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all this information.

We have been on the Constellation (in 2020).

Nest year we are on Millennium and Solstice  , both in South East Asia.

From what I have read Millennium will be similar to the Constellation but it has been fully revolutionised. What are the main differences that this brings?

Solstice will be un-revolutionised  Solstice-class ship.  What are the main differences to the Millennium class ships?

I'd appreciate some pointers from those who know. 

we will be in Veranda cabins on our forthcoming trips, unless we can grab a  'move up'

Equinox has been partially revolutionised. Our balcony cabin (May 2023) was dated and jaded. I suppose it depends on what’s important to you but our cabin was a disappointment. We should have checked more carefully in advance. 

3 hours ago, Traderboy said:

it has been fully revolutionised. What are the main differences that this brings?

Revolutionized means complete new cabins. The key cards are now tap which is better and you can drop off your bags before the cabin is ready. Bathrooms are all plastic so no grout  for them to clean. Added USB A outlets already obsolete. Added cabins so more crowded. The buffet has been redone with better placement of food stations so you don't have to line up behind people getting types of food you are not interested in. The redone buffet and tap keycards and dropping off the bags is are the only positive of revolutionized ships. Oh and I like the new decor better. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

Be aware as you research different people have different views. For example, some love the E class, others (me included) find S class our sweet spot. Others love the size and layout of the M class despite their age…

Just curious on your opinion of revolutionized ships?  Like them better or prefer pre revolution?

Edited by NMTraveller

14 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Just curious on your opinion of revolutionized ships?  Like them better or prefer pre revolution?

I personally LOVE them. Like the Millennium and Summit are great ships but they are so much nicer now after the Revolution with all new cabins and updated modern decor and revamped buffet areas. 

The Silhouette has a really nice updated rear aft deck by the Sunset bar, nice seating and very relaxing back there now. 

• Like 3

IMO they did an excellent job of updating the M class of ship with the "Revoluntionization"  I feel the new cabin layout is better and makes the cabin seem more spacious and definitely brighter...  (balcony cabin)

The Retreat Sundeck is nice but only so much they could do with that... the new layout and furniture of the aft sundeck is really a bonus IMO 

The buffet also is much better with the food stations rather than the long lineups...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Happy to learn Summit has been revolutionized!  Sailing Summit for first time next month.  

Thank you. I liked the new decor and key card system on Equinox this year (I guess I was lucky to unknowingly book one of the "updated" cabins.)  

6 hours ago, chemmo said:

Equinox only completed a part revolution. No where near as nice as Silhouette.

There are three different classes of ships with Celebrity.

M class, the oldest. As mentioned two of their ships have been revolutionised.

S class are the next. Mainly similar layout but the Reflection is slightly bigger and has more suites. Silhouette has been revolutionised, Equinox has been partially revolutionised.

E class are the newest. You can find all the ships listed with their categories on the website.

Also be aware that it can depend on what room category you are looking at as to what suits you best. For example, if you are looking at a suite only E class and the revolutionised ships have a suite deck. Then within the suite decks there are real differences…

I strongly suggest you do some ship tours first of all ship types, then look at itineraries. After that consider the rooms you are considering and which ships can offer you the best overall experience…

Quite a good summation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Mixed opinions. We usually cruise RS with the occasional PH so my opinion may not be general.

Pre revolution, S class the RS soft furnishings were dated but were improved by the upgrade. The balcony furnishings were a downgrade in our opinion. The wooden table and cushioned chairs were replaced by metal ones (no cushions). The really comfortable sun bed was replaced with two recliner chairs with footstools. Again no cushions. The irony was the suite was full of cushions!!! Unfortunately none of them fitted comfortably on the outside chairs.

Pre revolution, S class. Inside the PH looked classy with its piano which was useful for putting your room cards and a box of chocolates on if nothing else! Post revolution the table changed direction and there was an odd storage unit. A pity they didn’t add a couple of sea facing lounger chairs, plenty of space for them. Post revolution on the balcony there was the same table swap as for the RS and the addition of two very odd chairs it was impossible to sit comfortably on plus a couple of nice cushioned loungers. To be perfectly honest I don’t have a preference between pre and post revolution, the decadence of light and space in all the S PH suites make them a pleasure to be in.

Other features. On Equinox there was a sun deck with comfortable seating and good service but very limited shade. On Silhouette the deck was over two floors with a jacuzzi, a bar and a bigger range of seating. Generally around the ship there were more changes than on Equinox too including more seating in the sunset bar area.

Over all I would prefer the Silhouette over other S class ships for the sun deck and the extra dining options (nothing to do with the revolution). However, I would be happy cruising on any S class ship.

M class I can’t compare as I have never done a revolutionised ship. However, I loved the pre revolutionised ones enough to have one booked for next year!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cat4158 said:

Equinox has been partially revolutionised. Our balcony cabin (May 2023) was dated and jaded. I suppose it depends on what’s important to you but our cabin was a disappointment. We should have checked more carefully in advance. 

We’re in a verandah on the Equinox in October and that is a concern.

This was our cabin on Eqinox.  It hadn’t been upgraded apart from the bed cover and curtains. The furniture and carpet were old and didn’t match. The bathroom hadn’t been updated at all. It was adequate but not very stylish. 

70569269785__8247E61A-BC82-4FE0-A010-78D75B4623E9.jpeg

Edited by Cat4158

On 8/5/2023 at 3:26 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

The Equinox is not completely revolutionized.  Many of their veranda cabins still remain in original decor/ redfish carpet and accessories. Very disappointing!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Bumping this.

Is there a way to find out which cabins have been updated on Equinox please? Last time on Equinox was in PS for dh big birthday. Now he’s retired so will be at most Aqua or SS if the deal is good. Also anyone know if sundeck is accessible as I’m limited mobility. 

Thank you. 

On 8/6/2023 at 8:16 PM, luv4cruises said:

The Equinox is not completely revolutionized.  Many of their veranda cabins still remain in original decor/ redfish carpet and accessories. Very disappointing!!!

I agree and we refuse to pay $$$ for old dirty looking furniture and carpet.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wineoclock said:

Bumping this.

Is there a way to find out which cabins have been updated on Equinox please? Last time on Equinox was in PS for dh big birthday. Now he’s retired so will be at most Aqua or SS if the deal is good. Also anyone know if sundeck is accessible as I’m limited mobility. 

Thank you. 

We have been in SS and RS on Equinox in last few years and none have been redone.  They redid Michaels to become Retreat and put chairs on top level and call it Retreat Deck.  It is not accessible and you have to go up and down stairs to go to restrooms.  No elevator will take you directly there.

• Like 2