venice port to train station

APW

We are arriving on Windsurf by Windstar to a port in Venice, cruise line cannot tell me exactly where we will be.  I want to get to the train station, no idea how far, if I need transportation or can walk.  Any ideas? (trying to get to Padua for a day visit)

10 hours ago, APW said:

We are arriving on Windsurf by Windstar to a port in Venice, cruise line cannot tell me exactly where we will be.  I want to get to the train station, no idea how far, if I need transportation or can walk.  Any ideas? (trying to get to Padua for a day visit)

Hello @APW 

Thank you for your new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forumHowever, your thread was off topic there. That forum is for technical assistance in using these message boards.  As stated at the top of the forum: 

Note:  This area is intended only for questions and answers relating to technical assistance in using these message boards.  Please do not post general cruise-related questions or Roll Calls here.

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Italy Ports forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have been there frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

suggest you use the Follow feature on any threads where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come looking for you as notifications. If you need information on how to do it, please click here How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info).

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are glad you are posting on the boards! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list for the various forums. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

On 8/5/2023 at 4:33 PM, APW said:

I want to get to the train station, no idea how far, if I need transportation or can walk.  Any ideas? (trying to get to Padua for a day visit)

You may also want to  browse this excellent website for other Venice info. It has been highly recommended for a number of years.

https://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

I would check to see if your ship will be docked in Marittima (the large Venice port formerly used by cruise ships) or San Basilio (a smaller port formerly used for small ships such as Windstar ships and up to about 500 passengers).

San Basilio is more convenient to sightseeing in Venice, but Marittima is more convenient for the train station, as detailed above.