Coffee maker in the cabin?

MagnoliaBlossom

15 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

We have been away from Princess for quite some time, but have booked the Regal for December.  Do the balcony cabins have coffe makers, or can you request one?

Thank you

Not a coffee maker but you might be able to request a hot water pot. I don't know if they are available on all ships but we did that recently on the Enchanted and used Starbucks via for our morning coffee.  Worked out much better than having to get presentable to go out for our first cup.  

• Like 2

Just now, pompeii said:

Not a coffee maker but you might be able to request a hot water pot. I don't know if they are available on all ships but we did that recently on the Enchanted and used Starbucks via for our morning coffee.  Worked out much better than having to get presentable to go out for our first cup.  

We enjoy sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee in the morning.  On NCL we request a coffee maker and bring our own coffee from home.  We have some neighbors who cruise PC mostly, I’ll ask them- but right now they’re off cruising!

You could order coffee from room service-not sure if there is a charge for it now though.

You could also go to the International Cafe in the Piazza and get regular-coffees or specialty coffees to go.

IMHO the IC coffee is better tasting.

Princess does not supply coffee makers in the cabins.

MJ

• Like 1

We were on the  Regal this past May and requested an electric kettle.  It was provided, no problem.   Could have been because we were sailing British waters.  We used Starbucks Via as well.

Edited by ehogan
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ehogan said:

We were on the  Regal this past May and requested an electric kettle.  It was provided, no problem.   Could have been because we were sailing British waters.  We used Starbucks Via as well.

I know PC are an American cruise line but I kind of assumed a kettle was standard especially out of Southampton or anywhere in Europe.

wondering if I’ll need to ask for a Kettle on Sky now. Needing to ask doesn’t bother me as long as they have them. Just a bit bemused. 

I’m no good in the morning without a cuppa first thing!

3 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I know PC are an American cruise line but I kind of assumed a kettle was standard especially out of Southampton or anywhere in Europe.

wondering if I’ll need to ask for a Kettle on Sky now. Needing to ask doesn’t bother me as long as they have them. Just a bit bemused. 

We are on Sky now. We have a kettle as do all the Southampton sailings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can also order your coffee from the app to your room which is the fee based coffee or use the hanger card which has continental breakfast offerings just order regular coffee from that which you hang from your cabin door the night before.

Most ships that have ever been in the UK or Australia have some kettles on board. I requested on on the Crown in Alaska last month and they provided it. Since the Regal has spent the summer in the UK they should provide one if you ask.

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

We were on Sky in early July out of Southampton. Our balcony cabin had a kettle in it so we didn't have to ask. I love how Americans call a kettle a hot water pot. Makes me smile every time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

We were on Sky in early July out of Southampton. Our balcony cabin had a kettle in it so we didn't have to ask. I love how Americans call a kettle a hot water pot. Makes me smile every time.

Me too 😊

thanks for letting me know. I don’t mind asking at all but it’s good to know I won’t need to. Can you remember what brand of tea they provided please?

On 8/7/2023 at 3:12 PM, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Me too 😊

thanks for letting me know. I don’t mind asking at all but it’s good to know I won’t need to. Can you remember what brand of tea they provided please?

Really sorry but neither of us drink tea so we didn't pay any attention to the teabags. 

• Like 1

Me too 😊

We’ll definitely get a kettle 👍.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 6:17 PM, sunviking90 said:

Most ships that have ever been in the UK or Australia have some kettles on board. I requested on on the Crown in Alaska last month and they provided it.

Wow, that's cool ... and sensible ... and contradicts many previous posts here.

A good change!

Maybe princess is not trying as hard to annoy their customers...

Until the $25 medallion kettle fee is implemented.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 10:12 AM, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Me too 😊

When I was on the Caribbean Princess in January they stocked Bigelow tea and there was a nice assortment.  Earl Grey is my favorite, but that also had English breakfast tea, lemon flavored tea, green tea, and lots more.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

When I was on the Caribbean Princess in January they stocked Bigelow tea and there was a nice assortment.  Earl Grey is my favorite, but that also had English breakfast tea, lemon flavored tea, green tea, and lots more.

Fab! Thank you 😊

English breakfast tea an essential, or riots may well break out as @Crystaltipps67 said 😂 

@Roberto256 if they start introducing kettle fees they’ll be no maybe, there will be trouble onboard! 😱 Perhaps that’s a step too far for Princess….hopefully 🙃 

No stiff upper lip when it comes to tea 😂 

Me too 😊

In the cabin we have Tetley. It is a decent cup but we prefer Yorkshire tea at home.