Deluxe Beverage Package AND "premium cup of joe"

PATRLR

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, I did try to search for it. 

The Deluxe Beverage Package includes these words "Start the day off with a premium cup of joe".  

Sounds good to me, where do I get this "premium cup of Joe"? I know it's not in the licensed Starbucks® stores.  So where?   And how is that cup different from what I assume everyone can get for free at, for example, the buffet?   Are there really three different levels of coffee (regular that everyone gets, "premium" that the beverage package includes, and Starbucks from the licensed stores)?

They're talking about specialty coffee at non-Starbucks venues. What's available will depend on your ship. I think most will have the Promenade Cafe and Oasis class will also have Park Cafe. I'd guess you can also get a cappuccino or whatever in the MDR if you ask. Drip coffee, in my experience, is basically the same everywhere whether in the buffet or the MDR. I'm a definite coffee snob so I've found the offerings fairly mediocre, but they're better than drip coffee and can be made acceptable with the addition of extra espresso shots and not so lacking that I felt the need to spend money on Starbucks.

I'm pretty sure the cafe serves a brand of starbucks, though it might be Seattle's best .. I saw starbucks logo back where they were fixing coffee. Depending on the ship there may be other locations. This one opens first for specialty coffee. Hot or cold specialty. Free coffee is just coffee, cant ask for whipped cream. Some have chocolate in them. For sure not the same as just plain free coffee though i drink it too.

You can use it for specialty coffee drinks like cappuccinos or lattes at Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, Latte-tudes (on smaller ships), the WJ bar, etc.

As mentioned, yes, ordering any coffee drink of your choice from one of these venues is far better than the complimentary self-serve coffee found onboard... and this is coming from someone who makes Maxwell House or even Walmart brand coffee at home, lol.

Got it.  Thanks folks, that all makes sense.  I'm on Oasis. It sounds like when I get up in the morning, I should head to Cafe Promenade or Park Cafe for my morning coffee (helps that we're on deck 6).  Thanks!

• Like 1

Even if they serve Starbucks coffee, if it's not called Starbucks, you can get your coffee there. Cafe Latte-tudes on Vision class ships serves Starbucks coffee, but it is not considered a Starbucks branded venue. 

I saw a crew member try to explain this to a passenger, who was very confused because the sheet explaining the Diamond drink vouchers said they weren't valid at Starbucks. There is no Starbucks on Vision class ships so the passenger was understandably confused when he was charged a drink vouchers at Cafe Latte-tudes rather than having it go to his onboard account.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, schlimazel_traveler said:

I saw a crew member try to explain this to a passenger, who was very confused because the sheet explaining the Diamond drink vouchers said they weren't valid at Starbucks. There is no Starbucks on Vision class ships so the passenger was understandably confused when he was charged a drink vouchers at Cafe Latte-tudes rather than having it go to his onboard account.

Lol even on cc lots of the same confusion. Yes I see the Starbucks logo, but this isnt named starbucks venue therefore its included. 

OP Park Cafe makes awesome coffee but it opens later. They also have bagels and flavors of cream cheese but other venues open sooner. 

• Like 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

OP Park Cafe makes awesome coffee but it opens later. They also have bagels and flavors of cream cheese but other venues open sooner. 

Good RC "McMuffins" too.

My early morning Oasis class routine is usually to go get cappuccino in the DL (down in the basement) and grab either a bagel or egg sandwich at Park Cafe on the way back up... that holds me til actual breakfast with my wife later.

Specialty coffee is also available at Vitality Cafe - deck six forward on Oasis. It "usually" opens at 6:30 am. I sometimes get a smoothie there with one of my vouchers so I presume they would be included in the deluxe beverage package.

9 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

...any coffee drink of your choice from one of these venues is far better than the complimentary self-serve coffee found onboard...

Imagine mixing the contents of an ashtray with boiling water and drinking it, and you have some idea of the taste of Royal Caribbean's complimentary coffee.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

You can use it for specialty coffee drinks like cappuccinos or lattes at Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, Latte-tudes (on smaller ships), the WJ bar, etc.

As mentioned, yes, ordering any coffee drink of your choice from one of these venues is far better than the complimentary self-serve coffee found onboard... and this is coming from someone who makes Maxwell House or even Walmart brand coffee at home, lol.

We'll be on Radiance which only has Latte-tudes...I liked the offerings at Park Cafe but is Latte-tudes "ok"? 

Just now, surgie said:

We'll be on Radiance which only has Latte-tudes...I liked the offerings at Park Cafe but is Latte-tudes "ok"? 

I don't care for anything below Voyager class and have only been on smaller ships twice for a total of 11 nights. I actually was on Radiance in Alaska in 2018 but that was to see Alaska so didn't care about the ship. I was also Diamond by then and only got coffee from the DL machine.

Anyway, I have no experience with Latte-tudes, sorry. I would think it would be similar to Park Cafe or Cafe Promenade but really don't know.

13 hours ago, lovelife said:

Specialty coffee is also available at Vitality Cafe - deck six forward on Oasis. It "usually" opens at 6:30 am. I sometimes get a smoothie there with one of my vouchers so I presume they would be included in the deluxe beverage package.

Vitality cafe seems to be the only place with bottles of vitamin water. 

34 minutes ago, surgie said:

Yes, Latte-tudes special coffees are included in the Deluxe and Refreshment packages. I always enjoy a caramel macchiato every "early" morning while on the Radiance. Will be on her again in 2024! Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRAVELBUGCRUISER said:

Does anyone know if the fresh pressed juices included with the refreshment package are those made at the juice and coffee bar in Vitality or just fresh juice in the buffet that they sometimes have?

Thanks!

It includes the blended drinks they make in the blender. I think there is a menu of shakes or whatever you want to call them.. included yes .. not sure about juices there but I'd assume so. 

23 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm pretty sure the cafe serves a brand of starbucks, though it might be Seattle's best .. I saw starbucks logo back where they were fixing coffee. Depending on the ship there may be other locations. This one opens first for specialty coffee. Hot or cold specialty. Free coffee is just coffee, cant ask for whipped cream. Some have chocolate in them. For sure not the same as just plain free coffee though i drink it too.

At one time it was Seattle's Best, but they supposedly switched to LaVazza, not owned by Starbucks.

• 4 weeks later...