Nieuw Statendam is doing a great job.

6 hours ago, houstonheels said:

@Gail & Marty sailing away we will be on NS in October.  I have read some conflicting posts - is NS back to twice daily housekeeping?  Or is it just once per day?

There's a tag on the inside of your cabin door for as long as I can remember 20 plus years.

On the Nieuw Statendam it reads Tidy up Please, We put it on the front of our cabin door when we need service.

It works Excellent and makes it easier for the room stewards. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, houstonheels said:

@Gail & Marty sailing away we will be on NS in October.  I have read some conflicting posts - is NS back to twice daily housekeeping?  Or is it just once per day?

On the 26 July sailing, evening service was only upon request. Our steward asked the first day and it sounded like he was really steering us toward once a day, which suited us just fine.

Also on NSD now having boarded on Wednesday.  Steward introduced himself and told us that evening turndown was by request only.  We told him that we only required service once a day, but preferred the full service in the evening.  He was happy to oblige.

• Like 3

On 8/7/2023 at 5:37 PM, Mary229 said:

Yes, he is.  I am not one who remembers names very well but his I do.  Nice person

The current captain is Captain Eric, not Neil.  Sitting here right now watching his talk, “Ask the Captain.”

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SueMo said:

The current captain is Captain Eric, not Neil.  Sitting here right now watching his talk, “Ask the Captain.”

I was commenting on how nice O’Driscoll is not on who the captain is currently.   Rereading the post I can see why you are confused by my response.