Sour Dough Bread

Seafan22

So, this is interesting as we’ve always brought goodies onboard for the staff!  We even made a full Mexican fiesta meal onboard once to feed about 20 of the staff for a birthday party for one of them.  

Then, we went on a cruise out of the port of LA in San Pedro and they made everybody dump their food at security if it wasn’t factory sealed. 
So, previously, I would have said, no problem but now, I am not sure of the answer … but you may have to be prepared to dump it.  Such a shame to do with Boudins Sourdough bread!  It really is the best.  

PS .. the Port of San Francisco seems to be a little more liberal with their policies with regards to this.  

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Keep in mind if/when you get it ON the ship, you can't take it OFF the ship.

Excellent point. Hopefully the OP isn't planning on buying it to take to someone elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

DW really has it bad for "ship bread"!  She says it's her downfall! 😄

Yeah, I need to back off on the bread as well. I have a hard time not snagging a roll with my meal but I do, usually, manage to limit it to only one per meal. If I order escargot I really must have a roll to sop up the extra butter from the serving dish.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JGmf said:

No bread, no desserts, no elevator.  For me, it's the only way not to gain weight while cruising.  It all looks so tempting though...

No elevators here either, but can’t resist the bread and desserts. We keep saying we’ll tell the waiter not to leave the bread basket, but we always take it anyway.

12 hours ago, JGmf said:

No bread, no desserts, no elevator.  For me, it's the only way not to gain weight while cruising.  It all looks so tempting though...

My cruise is in 7 weeks.  I'm down 20 lbs of weight in the past few months so I'm good for eating bread.  Will likely have only a few desserts and will certainly use stairs when I can.

• Like 1