Rebook with TA?

crusinbanjo

I booked tw cruises to make them B2B cruises in January directly with Azamara.  Now, because of the OBC and website issues, I’m wondering.  Can I transfer the booking to a TA , or should I just cancel my reservations and rebook with a TA.

looking at one of the big online TA’s it would appear that I would get a much better deal, and then they can have the frustration of dealing with the back office.   I am still on a deposit, and final payment is not until September.  Any thoughts?  😊 Thanks.

8 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

I booked both the B2B cruises in January directly with Azamara.  Can I transfer the booking to a TA , or should I just cancel my reservations and rebook with a TA?

You can transfer your booking to your TA, we have just done it last week. Inform your TA and authorise it with an email.

2 hours ago, Oslo Dutch said:

You can transfer your booking to your TA, we have just done it last week. Inform your TA and authorise it with an email.

I thought the transfer had to be made withing a specified period after the original booking date.

12 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

The transfer has to be made within 30 days of booking.

I can't tell from the phrasing of the information whether the OP booked the cruises in January.

If so, the answer to the question posed is NO. 

BUT

If the cruises are in January next, and were booked less than 30 days ago, the answer is YES. 

Edited by blag
punctuation error corrected
  • Like 1

Hmmm.   A few weeks ago the future cruise sales manager on the Pursuit told me I had 60 days to transfer the booking I made with him onboard . Was he incorrect?  ( Not that this would help cruisinbanjo, as he made his initial reservation in January). If he thinks the new promo is a better deal, he should cancel and re book. But cancellation fees would probably  apply.  While onboard a few weeks ago, I rebooked a sailing ( originally booked onboard and then transferred to a TA)  into a different category but same sailing, and I was charge a cancellation fee.  I balked and this is what Miami office insisted upon.

A few years ago I wanted to cancel an existing Azamara booking and replace it with a different cruise, using a different TA.  When I asked the new TA if they could get the cancellation fee waived because of the new booking, they simply added it to the already generous rebate they were giving me.

15 hours ago, blag said:

I thought the transfer had to be made withing a specified period after the original booking date.

Not to my knowledge we did book online at the Azamara website May 27th and just handed it over to our TA in Norway.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, blag said:

I can't tell from the phrasing of the information whether the OP booked the cruises in January.

If so, the answer to the question posed is NO. 

BUT

If the cruises are in January next, and were booked less than 30 days ago, the answer is YES. 

So to be clear, I booked both cruises in March of 2023. Sailing date is January 2024  I am assuming that since I have not hit the final payment date, and have paid only a deposit for each cruise the deposit would be fully refunded.  

I have checked to be sure there is plenty of availability on both cruises, and with the difference in price, plus cash back from the TA I could also upgrade to a suite.  

Edited by crusinbanjo
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

So to be clear, I booked both cruises in March of 2023. Sailing date is January 2024  I am assuming that since I have not hit the final payment date, and have paid only a deposit for each cruise the deposit would be fully refunded.  

I have checked to be sure there is plenty of availability on both cruises, and with the difference in price, plus cash back from the TA I could also upgrade to a suite.  

I used the attached form recently to transfer a booking made on the Azamara website to my TA. It states you have 60 days from the date you booked the cruise and are outside of final payment period.

13036520_ACC_Booking_Transfer_Form.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crusinbanjo said:

Not fully refunded if you cancel; there is a 75.00 pp per cruise cancellation fee.  No penalty to transfer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oslo Dutch said:

Not to my knowledge we did book online at the Azamara website May 27th and just handed it over to our TA in Norway.

When you say 'just handed...' do you mean you did so recently, and beyond either of the 30- or 60-day deadlines? 

8 hours ago, TJR_0323 said:

I used the attached form recently to transfer a booking made on the Azamara website to my TA. It states you have 60 days from the date you booked the cruise and are outside of final payment period.

13036520_ACC_Booking_Transfer_Form.pdf 161.78 kB · 6 downloads

Well I’m am outside of they days for sure.