Typical wine by the glass prices?

Augustsunshine

21 minutes ago, djasinsk said:

ncl pricing strategy is clearly to make people “package up” to get decent stuff.  Want good food, pay extra for specialty dining every day.  Want good wine, 36 bucks a day extra. Good service? Tip extra over the $20 pppd.  

I'm willing to pay extra to get 'decent stuff and good service'.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Thanks.  I'm trying to decide if I want the Plus  drink package.  We don't need the extra internet or meals since we'll be in the Haven.  I'm also trying to decide how many bottles to bring.  Normally, for a seven day cruise I would bring six.  I'm thinking with the plus package four at most.  (Plus one for the room the night before the cruise.)  I can check three bags each for my wife and I. I'm thinking of one bag for myself, one for my wife, and a small carry-on for the wine.

We are in the Haven on this cruise as well, it does not give you any extra internet but yeah I was dubious about the meals (although 10 days with the same menu, might be nice to mix it up a bit). We are flying to London and stopping over for a couple of days then flying to Lisbon, the London flight we get 70 pounds but the Lisbon flight we only get 50 so we ended up checking 3 bags to stay under the limit. 

10 minutes ago, fastpitchdad said:

We are in the Haven on this cruise as well, it does not give you any extra internet but yeah I was dubious about the meals (although 10 days with the same menu, might be nice to mix it up a bit). We are flying to London and stopping over for a couple of days then flying to Lisbon, the London flight we get 70 pounds but the Lisbon flight we only get 50 so we ended up checking 3 bags to stay under the limit. 

We found the Haven Menu to be more than adequate when the two FAS specialties are thrown in.  We will also do a night in the buffet.  All is good.   

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 4:47 PM, Karaboudjan said:

I am just the opposite.  When I was young, I spent way more than I should have on fine wines.  Now that I could better afford them I just don't find it worth the extra money.

But I have also been in the Haven and have not gone back, so maybe I am just wired wrong...  🤔

I agree with you, I don't think a wine has to be expensive to be good, and I've also been in the Haven and have gone back to non-haven non-suite cabins. I just don't think the suite or haven  are worth the money.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2023 at 7:26 AM, KateQ22003 said:

Where are you seeing that they discontinued their East West wines from Mondavi??? They had it on the Pearl two weeks ago. That's all I drink with dinner; I am not going to be happy if that wine is gone!

I didn’t see it on the photos posted in this thread, but maybe I just missed it.  But when we were on the BA in February, it was not available.   

On 8/9/2023 at 8:40 AM, RocketMan275 said:

Just my opinion.  Life is too short to drink cheap wine.

Oh just belly up to the bar and order some Boones Farm or something similar lol j/k

Edited by njkate
  • Haha 1