Shareholder on board credit paperwork question

edgee

I have two Oceania and two Regent cruises coming up. Does anyone know if I need to send four different emails with proper documentation requesting shareholder on board credit...one for each cruise? Or can I send one to each cruise line with two booking numbers contained in one email and one copy of brokerage statement page showing that I own NCL stock attached?

You will need a separate application form for each cruise.  Form is on NCLH corporate site. The shareholder tab will have the information.

I think there are separate email addresses for each distinct cruise line.  If you scan your brokerage statement or proxy card, you can attach it to each cruise line  request. 

Probably one email for O, with both applications, and proof, and 1 email for Regent, with both applications and proof.  

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kmcgann21 said:

Can someone explain what this is/what it means to me? I understand owning NCL stock, but what does that do in terms of cruising? Thanks!

Owning 100 shares or more of NCL stock entitles you to onboard credit on Norwegian, Oceania and Regent cruises. Following are the amounts taken from the NCL corporate website. And, yes, it is okay to own it within an IRA.

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS LTD. IS THRILLED TO OFFER OUR SHAREHOLDERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 15 Days or More.
$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 7 to 14 Days.
$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 Days or Less.

• Thanks 1

There's may be other issues related THE TIMING to file for this benefit.  According to my TA O requires the date on the account statement to be within 6 months of sail date.  You may also file after final payment; but, since that's usually within the 6-month window not sure this comes into play often.  So, in my case I have two O cruises booked in Feb 2024, and can file for both at the same time (assuming I wait for 6 months from the second cruise's sailing).  I also have an O cruise in August of 2024.  That cruise will require a second request for Shareholders OBC with an updated account statement.

Just FYI

13 minutes ago, gdlamberth said:

There's may be other issues related THE TIMING to file for this benefit.  According to my TA O requires the date on the account statement to be within 6 months of sail date.  You may also file after final payment; but, since that's usually within the 6-month window not sure this comes into play often.  So, in my case I have two O cruises booked in Feb 2024, and can file for both at the same time (assuming I wait for 6 months from the second cruise's sailing).  I also have an O cruise in August of 2024.  That cruise will require a second request for Shareholders OBC with an updated account statement.

Just FYI

If the six month window is the rule, would be nice if they stated it on the form. IME they are not that strict with timing. My credit was approved using an April 30 statement for a November Oceania cruise... a little past the six month window. I just submitted for four future cruises, all farther out than six months. Will see if they grant the credit or tell me to wait.

Edited by edgee
clarity

Two thoughts:

NCL has "excluded" shareholder benefit in the fine print on some offers, less often than they exclude AmEx or TA perks, but I've seen such on really good offers.  Be sure to double check when considering how good an offer is.

After I scan my broker statement, I run it through a "paint" program to grey out my account number before I attach it to my email to ShareholderBenefits@oceaniacruises.com.  Beats having the text show through your magic-markering.   (Actually, I grey-out my other stocks and account totals, too)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, edgee said:

If the six month window is the rule, would be nice if they stated it on the form. IME they are not that strict with timing. My credit was approved using an April 30 statement for a November Oceania cruise... a little past the six month window. I just submitted for four future cruises, all farther out than six months. Will see if they grant the credit or tell me to wait.

I've experienced the same lack of consistency with timing.  The only reason it even came up is I just had my Shareholder Benefit request turned down for being too soon for my February 2024 cruises. Seems to depend upon who fields the request.  YMMV!!!  🙄

5 minutes ago, gdlamberth said:

I've experienced the same lack of consistency with timing.  The only reason it even came up is I just had my Shareholder Benefit request turned down for being too soon for my February 2024 cruises. Seems to depend upon who fields the request.  YMMV!!!  🙄

One possibility based on my experience on Carnival brands:  The CCL shareholder benefit is authorized one year at a time at the annual shareholder meeting, and if they haven't held the meeting that (routinely) authorizes the shareholder SBC for your voyage yet....

5 minutes ago, gdlamberth said:

Yes, well I really am testing them. Of my upcoming four cruises I put in requests for dates are January (Oceania)..likely no problem, March (Regent), July (Oceania), and February 2025 (Regent). Will be interesting to see if I get a "too early" turndown on some of them, and whether Regent and Oceania treat the timing issue differently.

In my case, O did not acknowledge application of credit, via email.

I checked my online cruise account and correct OBC was applied to booking, a few hours after submission. Did not say shareholder credit.  Others have said it does appear as such on O invoice/guest statement.

2 hours ago, edgee said:

Yes, well I really am testing them. Of my upcoming four cruises I put in requests for dates are January (Oceania)..likely no problem, March (Regent), July (Oceania), and February 2025 (Regent). Will be interesting to see if I get a "too early" turndown on some of them, and whether Regent and Oceania treat the timing issue differently.

FWIW.  There's also the challenge of getting confirmation that your application has been approved and the requisite benefit is on the record as part of your "account" for said booking.  As it did not appear as a credit on my "manage this booking," I finally called O to confirm things.  I was told that I did receive the benefit, but thai was to be listed as a "gift."  I'm waiting to verify this on a possible revised invoice.  I'd prefer to see this in writng somewhere? but may have no choice but to wait to board to confirm benefit is on our shipboard account? once created.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

In my case, O did not acknowledge application of credit, via email.

I checked my online cruise account and correct OBC was applied to booking, a few hours after submission. Did not say shareholder credit.  Others have said it does appear as such on O invoice/guest statement.

Newbie here (1 cruise)...  I got an email saying they'd received the request form and nothing further, but a few hours later two lumps of half the expected amount showed up as "COMPLEMENTARY SHIPBOARD CREDIT": one lump for myself and one for my DW.

I suspect what shows up is whatever the Oceania clerk types in for your particular case.

On 8/9/2023 at 12:11 AM, Snaefell3 said:

Newbie here (1 cruise)...  I got an email saying they'd received the request form and nothing further, but a few hours later two lumps of half the expected amount showed up as "COMPLEMENTARY SHIPBOARD CREDIT": one lump for myself and one for my DW.

I suspect what shows up is whatever the Oceania clerk types in for your particular case.

Just closing the loop to report that on our just-received Final Cruise Vacation Summary for our upcoming 8/30/23 TA on Vista, the shareholder benefit appears under "Amenities" as a "Gift Order," equally divided between me and my spouse.  This confirms what an O rep told me over the phone and likely does reflect the druthers of whoever prepares this document.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redraider1966 said:

Just closing the loop to report that on our just-received Final Cruise Vacation Summary for our upcoming 8/30/23 TA on Vista, the shareholder benefit appears under "Amenities" as a "Gift Order," equally divided between me and my spouse.  This confirms what an O rep told me over the phone and likely does reflect the druthers of whoever prepares this document.

I had same experience. I read closely the terms of the shareholder benefit. Those terms require that the benefit can only be used after the cruise embarks. Seems to me by classifying the benefit as a gift order this assures that the credit cannot be used in advance of the cruise to purchase excursions. 

On 8/8/2023 at 7:52 PM, gdlamberth said:

Fortunately I am seeing a difference from Oceania's Mickey Mouse timing games for my March 2024 and February 2025 Regent cruises. Received an email with copy to my TA accepting my request for shareholder benefit for both cruises just one day after I submitted. It says my invoices will be updated immediately. Still waiting to hear from Oceania for my February and July cruises for which paperwork was submitted at the same time as the Regent ones.

37 minutes ago, edgee said:

I had same experience. I read closely the terms of the shareholder benefit. Those terms require that the benefit can only be used after the cruise embarks. Seems to me by classifying the benefit as a gift order this assures that the credit cannot be used in advance of the cruise to purchase excursions. 

Received Shareholder credit in booking account, but was called complimentary shipboard credit.

Used it to purchase shorex, without any problem.

On 8/8/2023 at 7:52 PM, gdlamberth said:

Try again after final payment. That seems to make a difference. 

On 8/10/2023 at 7:42 PM, FetaCheese said:

Received Shareholder credit in booking account, but was called complimentary shipboard credit.

Used it to purchase shorex, without any problem.

I received the confirmation that the $250 had been applied to my account. But it is not showing up on "My Reservation" on the website. A rep told my TA that it would be applied when I checked out on the reservation form for the excursion. Was this your experience? Thanks!!

10 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

I received the confirmation that the $250 had been applied to my account. But it is not showing up on "My Reservation" on the website. A rep told my TA that it would be applied when I checked out on the reservation form for the excursion. Was this your experience? Thanks!!

Yes

3 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Stock price is going down. I put in a buy at 13. Probably wont go that low. 

I ended up selling it at $22 per share while on the cruise for a 47% profit in 30 days.  I will look to buy back in at a lower price to get OBC for my upcoming cruises.

• Like 1

I have been a shareholder for many years and always received the OBC applicable to the cruise      I have a cruise coming up in November ,send my forms in and was denied the credit  because I booked my cruise during a promotion and is no combinable with any promotion.      This is the first time in 13cruises that it was denied.      Has this happen to anyone else?     The shareholder benefits should not be according the fare you pay.  If this is Oceania way to save ,I will sell my share and I will book any future cruise at the possible  fare ,as I have done past.