Nassau Two-fer

Snaefell3

Just got an email update to our 16 Mar 24 Vista cruise:

"Stuff" happened.   Our overnight in Charleston SC was changed to a single day and a *second* visit to Nassau was added, so Nassau bookends our voyage -- first port of call and last.

I've heard of overnights (obviously), but never before two separate visits to a port on a single voyage.  Anyone?

Also, does Miami → foreign ports → US ports → foreign port → Miami mean two times thru US customs?

24 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

Also, does Miami → foreign ports → US ports → foreign port → Miami mean two times thru US customs?

Good question - I'm on this cruise also and certainly not thrilled by the second visit to Nassau - would have preferred a day at sea.

Oh, that sucks, hate to hear that. If there's any port I'd be ok missing it's Nassau, but going there twice in one cruise and losing an overnight in Charleston. I'd be pretty mad about it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

Someone on another site said that a second stop in Nassau is really stirrup cay. Can anyone confirm that? I would be very good with that. I know NCL has thatvas a private island but does O do private islands?

Did you not get the email notice with the changes ?

Yes Oceania does the private islands

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

Someone on another site said that a second stop in Nassau is really stirrup cay. Can anyone confirm that? I would be very good with that. I know NCL has thatvas a private island but does O do private islands?

It is terrible that Oceania has cancelled a day in Charleston.  We had Hilo and Kona cancelled in May.  Many people had plans to see the volcanoes for the first time.  We never received any explanation.  We went to Lahaina instead, which has now been destroyed by a wild fire.

If your replacement port is Stirrup Cay you are in for a good time!  The crew takes everything ashore for a nice barbecue lunch.  Your beverage packages work while onshore and the pool servers are there to bring you drinks.  It is a very pretty place to relax.

Edited by Twiga

1 hour ago, Twiga said:

If your replacement port is Stirrup Cay you are in for a good time!  The crew takes everything ashore for a nice barbecue lunch.

If a ship normally visits Stirrup Cay, she will have the "everything" to take ashore.  Would Vista😞

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Did you not get the email notice with the changes ?

Yes Oceania does the private islands

Yes received notice of new itin, from O, through agent...says Nassau twice. 

On another site, people are saying it will be stirrup cay that I would be happy with. Just wondering if anyone has that confirmed.

5 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

On another site, people are saying it will be stirrup cay that I would be happy with. Just wondering if anyone has that confirmed.

Unless it says  GSC on the itinerary   I would not assume  you will be there

On 8/8/2023 at 4:46 PM, Snaefell3 said:

We plan to treat the second visit the same way we treat Ensenada:  Stationary Sea Day.  😉

Wine drinker? 
If so, you may want to arrange a tour of the Valle de Guadalupe. In the last decade, many notable winemakers from California and Europe have started stellar operations here. 
Quality and prices are excellent and it may be your only chance to do some tasting (other than in savvy SoCal restaurants.

3 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Wine drinker? 
If so, you may want to arrange a tour of the Valle de Guadalupe. In the last decade, many notable winemakers from California and Europe have started stellar operations here. 
Quality and prices are excellent and it may be your only chance to do some tasting (other than in savvy SoCal restaurants.

Noted.  Thank you.

On 8/9/2023 at 10:23 AM, jonthomas said:

The 2024 big catalog has GSC listed on day 2:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/emags/2024_Collection_Brochure_Simply_More_US/

That may be where the people on the other site are looking.

35 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

The 2024 book came out a long time ago.

But we have only now been notified of the change  so I don't understand. 

At a guess, Oceania, Port of Charleston, and some other cruise line (remember: "berthing conflict") have been negotiating for some time.  If so, O likely figured "we're not going to do this in '24" long before they gave up on an overnight in '23.

...and unless we get another "itinerary change" email with word that the first stop in "Nassau" is changed to "GSC", we'll keep expecting to dock in Nassau on Day 2  😞