FTTF- few questions

We have cruised carnival quite a few times, but it's been about 2 years.  

Prior to covid we always got FTTF- then the cruises we took post covid it wasn't offered.

Has it returned as an offering?  Any changes to the program?

We have booked the Jubilee for April and it's not showing available yet but I wasn't sure if it was just due to the ship not actually sailing yet.

12 minutes ago, cheermomof2girls said:

Has it returned as an offering?

Yes.  May not always be available if it sells out, and it isn't offered on certain itineraries.

13 minutes ago, cheermomof2girls said:

Any changes to the program?

Price went up, and although you are provided the priority line, you are supposed to show up at your arrival appointment time.

Check out the FTTF page at the Carnival website.

You no longer get to arrive when you want - you will need to check in online about 2 weeks ahead of your cruise and get an arrival time. Once you arrive, you will be checked in with everyone but then directed to the Priority boarding area. Once the ship is cleared for boarding, they will let Platinum, Diamond, suites, and weddings board, then call for FTTF. 

Your room is not guaranteed to be ready when you board but you can drop your bags off in your room. (This has been my experience - others have said they were told no... so I guess it depends on the ship?)
You have a dedicated line at Guest Services, priority tender boarding, and priority debarkation.

The price has gone up but my husband and I feel it is worth it to us to get on the ship early and have that dedicated Guest Services line. 

Thanks!!

After the last few cruises and purchasing the Key on Royal- Im guessing this will feel worth it even with the price increase.  My next royal cruise is 600 more for the key than the internet alone..... and we dont enjoy the steakhouse lunch that's included so we are skipping it!

• Like 1

We did FTTF back in July on Panorama. It was the first time using it. I wanted to go that route because I felt we needed to get on the ship as quickly as possible as it was a summer time cruise and there would be tons of kids etc.

We got on around 11am and went right to the muster. We had drinks in hand at aft pool deck before 11am.

I felt it was worth the money.

2 hours ago, cheermomof2girls said:

We have cruised carnival quite a few times, but it's been about 2 years.  

Prior to covid we always got FTTF- then the cruises we took post covid it wasn't offered.

Has it returned as an offering?  Any changes to the program?

We have booked the Jubilee for April and it's not showing available yet but I wasn't sure if it was just due to the ship not actually sailing yet.

Usually FTTF is not available the first year of a new ship

I do know 2024 sailings are not open yet for FTTF. Normally about 2-3 months before the sailing they open up, but they have opened up before that time.  

Also, I haven't heard about the offering not available on first year of a new ship. We are sailing on the Jubilee in February, and I sure hope they offer it. We have two little ones and it's worth it to us for the priority boarding. I can't imagine Carnival not selling it and missing out on the extra money, especially on these big ships!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kingston13 said:

Oh is this why we didn't see this for Venezia? Was recommended I check thus out not sure of the cost, but it never showed in our booking as an option. We sail in three weeks and will just get on when we get on, being on early isn't important to us however dropping off the carry one would be a big plus.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kingston13 said:

I have never heard of this, and don't know why that would be the case. It's free money to the cruise line. From what I understand, the availability of FTTF is only dependant on the number of anticipated Diamonds and Plats. They only want so many people with Priority, or else it's not really priority anymore. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

I have never heard of this, and don't know why that would be the case. It's free money to the cruise line. From what I understand, the availability of FTTF is only dependant on the number of anticipated Diamonds and Plats. They only want so many people with Priority, or else it's not really priority anymore. 

I think there are two reasons. 

1. New ships attract diamonds and platinums, so there's a lot more of them

2. New crew means lower efficiency.  They need a smaller number of those with priority until they get into the groove. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tigers04champs said:

Normally about 2-3 months before the sailing they open up, but they have opened up before that time.  

You definitely don't want to wait 2-3 months prior to your voyage to check for FTTF. It typically goes on sale about a year prior to the cruise and usually sells out long before the 2-3 month prior mark. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, silvercrikhix said:

Carnival Luminosa is in ‘her’ 1st year. We have FTTF for a sailing in 2 weeks. Maybe she gets it because it’s a ‘smaller’ ship?  IDK but I’m glad to have it 😃

I am not sure if that was the case many years ago or if it's just a rumor, but it's definitely not the case anymore. It was for sale for the Celebration back on the May voyages and I believe voyages before May as well. 

1 hour ago, pinklucky61 said:

As far as showing up at your scheduled arrival time, depends on departure port. In NOLA, while I had an early time, they were just looking for the FTTF seal on boarding pass.

When was your sailing?  The requirement to show up in your arrival time slot is relatively new - a couple of months ago you showed up whenever you liked and went straight into the priority line.

• Like 1

B2B Venezia out of NYC in Sept. Have not seen FTTF offered, made a couple calls to check on it and was told it's not available. Don't know if it's not available because it's sold out or not available because it's not being offered. They wouldn't tell me - just keep saying not available.

Anyone know? Not really concerned about it for week 2, but definitely want it for the first week.

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

When was your sailing?  The requirement to show up in your arrival time slot is relatively new - a couple of months ago you showed up whenever you liked and went straight into the priority line.

With FTTF you can ignore the arrival time. John Heald has addressed that. You can show up early and will board in the proper order. 

20 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

My cruise was in April.  No special seating area for FTTF, but were called to board after the other priority passengers.

2 minutes ago, pinklucky61 said:

My cruise was in April.  No special seating area for FTTF, but were called to board after the other priority passengers.

They should have a designated area for FTTF to sit. It's normally located right by the Suites/Plat/Diamond. It was sort of hidden, we had to ask where it was in Galveston. We were on the Breeze in March and they let us go in right away. We didn't have to wait for the designated time. 

19 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

With FTTF you can ignore the arrival time. John Heald has addressed that. You can show up early and will board in the proper order. 

No, you can't, not anymore - it was a recent "clarification".  This is what evolved over the last week or maybe two - while John H has been on vacay.

From the Carnival website, FTTF page:

• All guests including FTTF guests are required to select an Arrival Appointment that works best with their plans when completing Online Check-in. 
    • We will not be able to accommodate FTTF guests who show up at a time prior to their selected Arrival Appointment window. Upon arrival to the terminal, guests must look for the priority line to check-in. 
    • If FTTF guests arrive after their selected Arrival Appointment window, they will be accommodated in the priority line.
Edited by ProgRockCruiser
clarity

1 minute ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

No, you can't, not anymore - it was a recent "clarification".  This is what evolved over the last week or maybe two - while John H has been on vacay.

From the Carnival website:

• All guests including FTTF guests are required to select an Arrival Appointment that works best with their plans when completing Online Check-in. 
    • We will not be able to accommodate FTTF guests who show up at a time prior to their selected Arrival Appointment window. Upon arrival to the terminal, guests must look for the priority line to check-in. 
    • If FTTF guests arrive after their selected Arrival Appointment window, they will be accommodated in the priority line.

Well, this sealed the deal for me not purchasing it.  I was willing to accept the higher price because almost all of the other perks were still intact, but not being able to arrive earlier than our appointment time really is the deal breaker for us.  Thanks for the info, Prog.

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

From the Carnival website, FTTF page:

Not discounting your post, but that's what the website has stated for a while. John Heald stated:

"There seemed to be some confusion on the wording we have online about this. The practice is to allow Priority guests to join the Priority queue whenever they arrive and this will be reworded in our online information..."

It looks like from your post, that they haven't updated the website yet to reflect this and change their verbiage. We know how punctual they can be at certain things. 

1 minute ago, teknoge3k said:

It looks like from your post, that they haven't updated the website yet to reflect this and change their verbiage. We know how punctual they can be at certain things. 

I might normally think that might be the case, but a bunch of D&Ps received emails recently (check other threads) that emphasized they need to show up at the appointment time they selected.  And this was a recent change, and the FTTF page switched to match the same wording.