8-10-23 Thursday - Weigh In

Izena

It was a difficult week. I suddenly put on 1.5 lb so I spent the week fighting to drop that weight. I still managed to loose 0.8lb from last weeks mark. 

figured it was probably fluid retention mostly from eating too much salt and cheese. I cut back on both which has helped. Could have also been hormones which played a role.

This weekend I am exhibiting at a big event for 3 days which is always hard to eat right and not snack for me. Hopefully my meds help avoid the snacking but I am going to pack some food to bring so I’m not tempted by the poutine every day. Maybe as a treat I’ll convince my mom to split a small poutine with me one of the days.

I am finally testing negative for covid - wow it took forever - hopefully I won't ever go through it again!

I have been counting my calories and I never ate more than 1,200 per day and haven't had a glass of wine (or other drinks) in 20 days.  I gained 0.6#  I just don't understand what is going on.  I need to keep trying, but it can be difficult when the scales don't change for the better.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Glad you didn't gain Izena - heat has been horrible for so many people - sorry you are going through that!

SoloAlaska - congratulations on the loss over last week.  Don't mean to be nosey, but what are you exhibiting?  How anyone can say no to poutine is beyond me - its so good!    Jan

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

I am finally testing negative for covid - wow it took forever - hopefully I won't ever go through it again!

I have been counting my calories and I never ate more than 1,200 per day and haven't had a glass of wine (or other drinks) in 20 days.  I gained 0.6#  I just don't understand what is going on.  I need to keep trying, but it can be difficult when the scales don't change for the better.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Glad you didn't gain Izena - heat has been horrible for so many people - sorry you are going through that!

SoloAlaska - congratulations on the loss over last week.  Don't mean to be nosey, but what are you exhibiting?  How anyone can say no to poutine is beyond me - its so good!    Jan

Jan- I know right a good poutine is amazing especially in the middle of knowhere Quebec. I’m exhibiting at a yarn and fibre arts festival with my hand-dyed yarn, embroidery thread, and supplies.

have you tried calorie cycling where one day a week you eat more? Sometimes our bodies get into a starvation mode and eating more occasionally can get us out of that and back to loosing.

when my weight jumped this week I knew I hadn’t eaten nearly enough calories to cause the gain and that the simplest awnser was “water weight”. I’m glad I figured out the most likely culprits and addressed them right away.

flying out for my next cruise in exactly 4 weeks.

• Like 1

Hello all! I admit I had to look up poutine because I didn't know what it is. It does sound tasty!

I have lost 2 lbs since I last checked in 3 weeks ago. I usually do weigh on Thursday mornings, but I don't log into CC until evening and then it slips my mind! I've been doing the up and down thing, but overall a net loss of 2 lbs. I've been walking 1-2 miles per day and I'm staying within my WW points. I will try your "cycling" tip, Solo, and see if that helps. My goal is to lose another 10 lbs. before our cruise mid-October. It sure is more challenging at 66 than it was in my 40's and 50's! 🤪

It's cooled off a little here, which I am glad about. I'm looking forward to fall!

Have a good week, everyone!

Terri

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustUs275 said:

Hello all! I admit I had to look up poutine because I didn't know what it is. It does sound tasty!

I have lost 2 lbs since I last checked in 3 weeks ago. I usually do weigh on Thursday mornings, but I don't log into CC until evening and then it slips my mind! I've been doing the up and down thing, but overall a net loss of 2 lbs. I've been walking 1-2 miles per day and I'm staying within my WW points. I will try your "cycling" tip, Solo, and see if that helps. My goal is to lose another 10 lbs. before our cruise mid-October. It sure is more challenging at 66 than it was in my 40's and 50's! 🤪

It's cooled off a little here, which I am glad about. I'm looking forward to fall!

Have a good week, everyone!

Terri

Hey Terri

I haven’t done WW in years but do they still have the extra points you can use over the week? If so you can use those on one day which would be the same as calorie cycling. A lot of people use the idea of a cheat meal or cheat day a week, it all works the same way in the end. It’s also good for your mental health to indulge a little once a week. 

poutine is great and the saying is “the closer to Quebec City the better the poutine”. I remember one day watching Martha Stewart and she butchered the poutine, it was so sad to watch. It’s a chip stand classic around here and should only be made with fresh curds and “beef” gravy.

• Like 1

Great week so far for everyone  good losses with a very minimal gain.  

Im back to struggling with eating junk.  It doesn’t help that I only go out x2 a day for less than an 30:min.  Took dog to park at 7am  and my car read 87 degrees outside.   The water in the gulf is in the high 80’s  not good hurricanes like warmer water.  Hopeffully my generator gets installed by mid September.