Cheer’s package questions

we3k9

Sorry if this has been asked before.  If you have the cheers package and you are limited to 15 drinks a day, does that include specialty coffee and soda pop?  I am asking will those be counted towards my 15 drinks?  Say I have 4 cans of soda and 2 specialty coffees will I only be permitted 9 alcoholic drinks for that day?  

The 15 drink maximum only is applied to those drinks that contain alcohol, which of course would also include any coffee drinks with alcohol or spiked milkshakes with alcohol.  All of the non alcoholic drinks such as soda, bottled water, energy drinks, etc are unlimited.

Edited by CruizinSusan70
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 8:10 PM, Purvis1231 said:

Many people order a non-alcoholic drink every time they order an alcoholic drink.

Would like confirmation that it is ok to order both a non-alcoholic drink and alcoholic drink at the same time or is this frowned upon? Not trying to take advantage, just want to make the best cost effective decision and not pay every time...yes I realize it is technically sharing a package, but would like to know if it is out of the question to 'share' the package as one of us drinks alcohol, the other doesn't. Edit: Just read both must sign up for program? 

Edited by Greyhoundcat

9 minutes ago, Greyhoundcat said:

Would like confirmation that it is ok to order both a non-alcoholic drink and alcoholic drink at the same time or is this frowned upon? Not trying to take advantage, just want to make the best cost effective decision and not pay every time...yes I realize it is technically sharing a package, but would like to know if it is out of the question to 'share' the package as one of us drinks alcohol, the other doesn't. Edit: Just read both must sign up for program? 

Usually bars will only allow you to order a bottle of water and an alcoholic drink at the same time. If you want a soda and an alcoholic drink you have to wait 5 minutes between orders.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Greyhoundcat said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Greyhoundcat said:

Asking for a water and an alcoholic drink at the same time is not frowned upon at all. Handing that water to your wife is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mz-s said:

Usually bars will only allow you to order a bottle of water and an alcoholic drink at the same time. If you want a soda and an alcoholic drink you have to wait 5 minutes between orders.

That is not accurate.  I've ordered an alcoholic drink along with a soda many times with Cheers.

9 hours ago, Greyhoundcat said:

I can only confirm what I observed on more than one cruise. I notice many people with Cheers would order an alcoholic drink with a sports drink, a soda, or water on more than one occasion. Some rather openly shared the drinks with others.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

7 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I can only confirm what I observed on more than one cruise. I notice many people with Cheers would order an alcoholic drink with a sports drink, a soda, or water on more than one occasion. Some rather openly shared the drinks with others.

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, emdia43 said:

Just watched a cruiser on YTube say that Carnival charges for cheers package on disembarkation day  .  Is that correct?

No, not at all.  Cheers is charged every day of your cruise unless you embark from Galveston or NYC, then the first day is pay your own and Cheers starts on day two at 6:00 AM.

• Like 1

For cheers its easier to think of the charge as being per night than per day. For a 7 night cruise you will pay for cheers for 7 days. Even though technically the cruise covers a total of 8 days. But you aren't on board half of the first and last days so those balance each other out. 

Edited by sanger727
  • Like 1

On my last cruise we took our grandkids.  Twice in the theater we ordered 3 Shirley Temples for the kids.  The first server took mine and my DW cards and put 2 of the drinks on our cheers and charged us for the additional drink.  I was ok with paying for all 3 if I was charged.  The second time the server put 2 drinks on cheers and she waited 5 minutes on her own and put the 3rd drink on cheers. This was my experience. 

• Like 1