Pill organizer

11 minutes ago, Cruisefanatic71 said:

I can't remember if you are able to take a pill organizer to hold prescription medication or if you had to bring the prescription bottles with you. Tha k you for your input. 

have been taking mine in a pill organizer for years…

• Like 2

I've taken mine on EVERY cruise.  But, I do carry the bottles that they came in to show to authorities if requested.  Hell, if it wasn't for the pill organizer, at home at least, and being retired, that is the way I know what day of the week it is.  LOL

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I've taken mine on EVERY cruise.  But, I do carry the bottles that they came in to show to authorities if requested.  Hell, if it wasn't for the pill organizer, at home at least, and being retired, that is the way I know what day of the week it is.  LOL

You can just log into your Walgreens, CVS, etc account if needed. No need to take the bottles. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RyderJ201 said:

You can just log into your Walgreens, CVS, etc account if needed. No need to take the bottles. 

Father In Law would bring the Print Copies of Scripts. With his 25 different pills he felt more secure, had 3-4 Different Pharmacy's and easier then taking all the Bottles he had previous Cruises

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Father In Law would bring the Print Copies of Scripts. With his 25 different pills he felt more secure, had 3-4 Different Pharmacy's and easier then taking all the Bottles he had previous Cruises

I took pictures of the pill bottles then I had them on my phone.

• Like 7

Taking pics is a great idea!  

We take them in little plastic bags made for this purpose.  Then if we want to take them with a meal we just take them along.

Meds we take only as needed or just in case that are prescription are in little bags with the original label on them.  DH has alot if these.  If you're in the Caribbean, no big deal.  But if you're flying internationally you want the label on the meds.  I've never had an issue with not in original bottles but little bags all have the original label.

13 minutes ago, loman said:

I always take more than i need with me just in case . Thats why i bring the bottles .

And i always keep them with me and never in checked luggage.

Yup, have always take double my Meds needed for that trip. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, loman said:

I always take more than i need with me just in case . Thats why i bring the bottles .

57 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yup, have always take double my Meds needed for that trip. 

I bring double what I need as well... 
I have only needed to dip into my extra once... but I was happy I had them! A lot of people were scrambling  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, loman said:

We always take 7 extra days of pills. Several years ago we had a seven night  cruise become a 10 night cruise, because of a storm.   Many people, who didn’t pack extra, were buying necessary meds when we stopped in Mexico.

I don’t bring the bottles, just an extra pill container. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 3

There is a difference what you are supposed to do, what is required by different governments, and what you decide to do.  Quite simple.  Most answers are telling you what you want to hear, to justify, not doing what might be required, even though never asked.  

So it is your decision, not random strangers to justify what you want.  You decide. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, RyderJ201 said:

There are so many situations that wouldn't be convenient and I use a little local pharmacy for my recurring prescriptions and they don't have a reliable app or site.  I appreciate the suggestion though.  

• Like 1

I know of no requirement  to bring individual pill bottles to any Caribbean/US ( New England, Alaska, Hawaii),/ Canada/ European port of embarkation.  When we flew into Dubai, we were advised to bring any bottles if we took a  narcotic.  Others were fine (we were told).  No issue with Dubai customs. 

Joseph. I like to be prepared and follow or be prepared for requirements.   I've traveled to many parts of the world with simply  a pill organizer.   If I am overlooking a requirement to bring certain pill bottles, I am anxious to learn of the specifics.( serious question)  Thanks 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I know of no requirement  to bring individual pill bottles to any Caribbean/US ( New England, Alaska, Hawaii),/ Canada/ European port of embarkation.  When we flew into Dubai, we were advised to bring any bottles if we took a  narcotic.  Others were fine (we were told).  No issue with Dubai customs. 

Joseph. I like to be prepared and follow or be prepared for requirements.   I've traveled to many parts of the world with simply  a pill organizer.   If I am overlooking a requirement to bring certain pill bottles, I am anxious to learn of the specifics.( serious question)  Thanks 

M

You are right, there is no requirement to bring the "pill bottles".   However, if Law Enforcement Officials (and jurisdictions (Federal, State, County, and local) all have their own laws) ask for proof of a valid prescription for a "Controlled Substance", you may wish you had the bottles or the paperwork that the pharmacy gives you along with the prescription.  It may be a long wait while they verify everything if there are questions. I just happen to prefer to put the empty bottles into one of the little zip-up pockets in our luggage and forget about them until needed, if needed.  It's my preference, it doesn't have to be anybody else's.

It isn't much different than when bring a printed copy of RCCL's own FAQ/Policy of bringing a "drone" onboard.  I've had the terminal weenies try to take it away and say they are prohibited on RCCL ships.  NO, they aren't prohibited, you just can't fly them while onboard or on any of their private destinations.  It is a convenience thing.  But, if I didn't have that copy of the rule, my drone would be sitting in the Seattle Terminal.  If I don't have proof of valid/legal prescription of my Controlled Substances, I'd be sitting on the side of the road waiting while the officer validates the prescription or guidance from his supervisor.  Not that that has happened to me, yet. 

10 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

If I had that many prescriptions, I'd probably do the same.  But, I only have 4 and the bottles don't take up any room in the luggage, not noticeably, anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cruisefanatic71 said:

I can't remember if you are able to take a pill organizer to hold prescription medication or if you had to bring the prescription bottles with you. Tha k you for your input. 

No problem with a pill organizer. I normally carry two 1-week organizer to cover any potential for delays. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

There is a difference what you are supposed to do, what is required by different governments, and what you decide to do.  Quite simple.  Most answers are telling you what you want to hear, to justify, not doing what might be required, even though never asked.  

So it is your decision, not random strangers to justify what you want.  You decide. 

34 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you want to notify someone (they may not come back to the thread to see this) use the @Joseph2017China call out.

@Joseph2017China - 

Joseph - I hope you see this. 

I am interested in learning of any potential rules/regs/issues when traveling with Rx (non Narcotic) meds.    The only restriction ( did not apply to my specific meds) I was aware of was when I flew  to the Middle East.   I've been successful with a pill organizer for several decades of travel throughout many parts of the world.  

Most of my trips start in the US and travel to Europe, Caribbean or North America ports.    I do have a flight to Amsterdam  in a few weeks. 

Thanks for your assistance.

M

I had my pharmacy fill the smallest bottle they had with the label on. I only had one though.

Many years ago going through the land border I had pills taken away because they were loose in my purse.

Sometimes it depends on who's looking. I wouldn't be concerned with the cruise people, only if you are crossing a border.

I always take pill organizers and have never had any issues.  My meds are pretty "meh" so I'm not particularly concerned.  I have LOTS of supplements though.  I think taking photos of the pill bottles makes a lot of sense.  I am going to start doing that.

• Like 1

When traveling internationally it’s best to do a search for the particular country you are flying into.  It will actually list what’s allowed to bring in.  Some say only 3 days of narcotics per person for example and these must be in properly labeled container.  

I knew when flying into Europe a few years ago this was the requirement.  I made sure to follow the rules. 

Keep anything like a narcotic (that class of drugs) on you or in a safe.  Never leave them in a hotel room or out in your cabin.  I had some taken by a maid once in Denver. It was in a bag, not sitting out.  I couldn’t prove it but I had counted them and knew 2 were missing.  Lesson learned. 

17 hours ago, Cruisefanatic71 said:

As others have said, yes, you can bring a pill organizer.  However, I prefer to get those tiny little baggies from the pharmacy.  I write the date on them with Sharpie, and I can bring the baggie to breakfast /toss it when I'm done.  Nothing wrong with an organizer, but I find the baggies more convenient for travel.  

I don't worry much about not carrying pharmacy bottles; no one's after my vitamins and allergy pills.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1