Making a booking with the new Foreign Booking Center

patfra2

Let me say that I have been a loyal Princess person for over 40 years. During that time I have never had a problem booking a cruise. Since Princess has changed their system it has been the direct opposite. Tonight I sat on hold for 31 minutes before being connected to a customer service person. I explained my question to her over all the background noise. (It sounded like a party was going on.) She put me on hold and then came back on line and told me exactly what I told her. I asked what she could do about it. She put me back on hold and then after about 30 seconds disconnected. Someone at Princess Corporation better do something about the call center. I am not the only person that feels this way. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

We use a Travel Agent, who deals with Princess.  We never have to call them.

That's like saying I book with Celebrity, and never have a problem. Princess call centre is absolute mess, and need fixing 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Is this using the new phone number? (1-888-819-1193) I noticed this new number shows on the website now as opposed to the traditional number (1-800-PRINCESS). I am also a lifelong Princess cruiser and will be very annoyed if I have issues completing a booking over the phone. I have always booked my own and had a Princess rep add my other cabins to my reservation and link them together. So is this new number a new call center somewhere? 

We have a very reliable Princess CVP who takes care of bookings,  itinerary changes, fare reductions, telephone calls, etc., etc.  We never have to wait on hold or speak to an offshore rep.  I don’t understand why so many people just go it alone and get themselves so stressed out.  Or, use a trusted TA to do the legwork for you.  This is your vacation and you don’t need any added frustration.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We have a very reliable Princess CVP who takes care of bookings,  itinerary changes, fare reductions, telephone calls, etc., etc.  We never have to wait on hold or speak to an offshore rep.  I don’t understand why so many people just go it alone and get themselves so stressed out.  Or, use a trusted TA to do the legwork for you.  This is your vacation and you don’t need any added frustration.

It's hard because some of the PVP's are good and others aren't. I tried using one years ago and they were unresponsive and it was more frustrating than handling my own booking. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Is this using the new phone number? (1-888-819-1193) I noticed this new number shows on the website now as opposed to the traditional number (1-800-PRINCESS)

Interesting change.  I just tried it and it said closed department.  I wonder if it is for CVP?  Although, I have a different number if one wanted to request a CVP.  The recording did not indicate the name of the department, nor the business hours.  Strange that.  I am guessing it is a M-F line.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 10:12 PM, LACruiser88 said:

We use a Travel Agent, who deals with Princess.  We never have to call them.

We use a TA also. However I can tell you that the TA's are having problems with Princess's call center too. Long wait times, lots of background noise, trying to get them to make a correction, Ect. I just talked to our TA yesterday and he said of all of the cruise lines that they deal with, he is on hold the longest with Princess. 

• Like 2

I did book our cruise today and the call center was a bit challenging. I had booked my own cabin online and needed to add two cabins next to it for the rest of my family. Normally this is a quick process (I already have my booking number, the cabin numbers I want to book, all the totals calculated out, etc.). I called the traditional Princess number that I've always used (the 1-800-PRINCESS) and it was about a fifteen minute wait so not bad for a Monday morning. The representative was friendly, I could definitely tell it was a call center with lots of background noise, and he did have an accent but I had no trouble explaining what I needed. Then I was on hold again several times because he said he had to transfer me to the direct sales department to do my booking. When I asked why he said they aren't trained to do that. Eventually I was transferred to a gal somewhere in a sales dept. who was very efficient and my bookings were all complete. I wish I could book multiple cabins online myself (even if I don't log in the system always remembers me, probably lots of Princess cookies LOL) but this is the process for now. I did appreciate that the wait time was minimal and I didn't have any issues getting our cabins booked, and linked together (which only a rep can do). I think the new call center is fine for general questions or making changes to a booking. 

12 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Then I was on hold again several times because he said he had to transfer me to the direct sales department to do my booking. When I asked why he said they aren't trained to do that.

Did you select "Book a New Cruise" option (or similar wording) from the phone tree selections?  It should put you in touch with a US sales person (possibly a CVP).  AFAIK, you can still get a US rep for a new booking because it is sales.

On 8/10/2023 at 7:48 PM, patfra2 said:

Let me say that I have been a loyal Princess person for over 40 years. During that time I have never had a problem booking a cruise. Since Princess has changed their system it has been the direct opposite. Tonight I sat on hold for 31 minutes before being connected to a customer service person. I explained my question to her over all the background noise. (It sounded like a party was going on.) She put me on hold and then came back on line and told me exactly what I told her. I asked what she could do about it. She put me back on hold and then after about 30 seconds disconnected. Someone at Princess Corporation better do something about the call center. I am not the only person that feels this way. 

Can you book online or use a TA? 

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Did you select "Book a New Cruise" option (or similar wording) from the phone tree selections?  It should put you in touch with a US sales person (possibly a CVP).  AFAIK, you can still get a US rep for a new booking because it is sales.

Hmm I think I hit "existing cruise booking" since I already had one cabin booked. You're right, maybe that had something to do with it. And yes the gal was in the US and said she was the sales dept. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 6:44 AM, rocklinmom said:

Is this using the new phone number? (1-888-819-1193) I noticed this new number shows on the website now as opposed to the traditional number (1-800-PRINCESS). I am also a lifelong Princess cruiser and will be very annoyed if I have issues completing a booking over the phone. I have always booked my own and had a Princess rep add my other cabins to my reservation and link them together. So is this new number a new call center somewhere? 

When I do a search on that number the only sites that seem to recognize it all are .ru (russian).  Inside the web site the old number seems to be the one listed. though there is a different number for CVP department.

Edited by ldtr

4 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

I did book our cruise today and the call center was a bit challenging. I had booked my own cabin online and needed to add two cabins next to it for the rest of my family. Normally this is a quick process (I already have my booking number, the cabin numbers I want to book, all the totals calculated out, etc.). I called the traditional Princess number that I've always used (the 1-800-PRINCESS) and it was about a fifteen minute wait so not bad for a Monday morning. The representative was friendly, I could definitely tell it was a call center with lots of background noise, and he did have an accent but I had no trouble explaining what I needed. Then I was on hold again several times because he said he had to transfer me to the direct sales department to do my booking. When I asked why he said they aren't trained to do that. Eventually I was transferred to a gal somewhere in a sales dept. who was very efficient and my bookings were all complete. I wish I could book multiple cabins online myself (even if I don't log in the system always remembers me, probably lots of Princess cookies LOL) but this is the process for now. I did appreciate that the wait time was minimal and I didn't have any issues getting our cabins booked, and linked together (which only a rep can do). I think the new call center is fine for general questions or making changes to a booking. 

Makes me wonder if they have out  sourced all CVP and booking sales to the same company that now does all future cruise sales on board ship. O.N.E.

50 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

It actually seems as though the people are working from home, and the calls randomly go to whoever is available.

This is not uncommon. My health care customer service works this way. Big difference is everything is handled professionally and there are no dogs barking, or party sounds in the background.