SB website

ak1004

The website is so poor. It's awful. It's been awful since autumn 2015 and is becoming more awful as time passes. 

I can only suggest that you clear your cache and try a different browser. For me it hates Safari, so perhaps try Chrome?

But why should you, when SB is fully aware that the website is rubbish and getting worse? 

Edited by Isklaar

5 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Okay, I just checked, the issue is only with the new 2025 itineraries, the rest works fine.

In that case you're very lucky, problems with the website (and app)  are duscussed frequently here! I assume the itineraries are being updated and will be available to view at some point later today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isklaar said:

In that case you're very lucky, problems with the website (and app)  are duscussed frequently here! I assume the itineraries are being updated and will be available to view at some point later today.

Thank you!

Seems strange to put the itineraries and not to have the details. A bit unprofessional..

51 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

The bean counters have deemed a the IT department a low priority for funding.

Apparently, the bean counters of all cruise lines are thinking of moving towards the airline booking model, where they don't pay commissions to the TAs, and where most customers book directly with the cruise lines online. If they are serious, they should put their IT department on the highest priority for funding! Personally, I think moving to the airline model is inevitable, but I think it will take their IT departments another 5 to 10 years to get there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Isklaar said:

The website is so poor. It's awful. It's been awful since autumn 2015 and is becoming more awful as time passes. 

I can only suggest that you clear your cache and try a different browser. For me it hates Safari, so perhaps try Chrome?

But why should you, when SB is fully aware that the website is rubbish and getting worse? 

The website will not work for me when I use Chrome---I have to use Safari.  I agree.  It is a terrible website.  

• Like 1

Yesterday, the website was not working for me(safari).  It was annoying as I received a very attractive offer from a TA (not my usual one), for an 11 night Antarctic cruise on the Pursuit or Venture in Nov or Dec.  I was trying to search different dates and regular pricing on Seabourn’s website but could not. Frustrating.  Today it is working but I think we decided not to take the TA offer.  Maybe yesterday, if all the info was readily available it might have been a different decision.  Yes, the TA could have provided whatever info we needed at the time, but I like to do some things myself when researching a trip.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CalmSea said:

Apparently, the bean counters of all cruise lines are thinking of moving towards the airline booking model, where they don't pay commissions to the TAs, and where most customers book directly with the cruise lines online. If they are serious, they should put their IT department on the highest priority for funding! Personally, I think moving to the airline model is inevitable, but I think it will take their IT departments another 5 to 10 years to get there.

This would be a terrible idea. I am someone who likes to do a lot of research and books part of our holidays ie hotels, some flights myself. When we started with Seabourn in 2010 there were many experienced people in their Australian office I could contact to gather information even book. Now, though they try, it is hit and miss and I rely on my TA more to resolve any issue. My TA had to help resolve an issue we had recently with our Milestone Cruise Award after I had even spoken to guest services in Seattle. 

Also the wait time on the phone will increase and it can be bad enough now. 

• Like 2

TAs bring substantial millions of dollars to cruise lines every year.  How much free marketing does Seabourn get from various travel agencies? Cutting them out would be a major mistake.  Although we plan every cruise our - multiple - TAs can offer insight, especially when trying a new line.  Can also monitor price changes, wait on a phone queue to get a question answered or issue resolved.  Airline model sucks, as a million plus miler on a US airline I have had so many bad experiences with the airline customer service (a joke when ticketed incorrectly after a 30 minute discussion after waiting 20 minutes of "thank you for calling, your call is important to us, you can go to www.blah.com ...).  If I could have done it on www.blah.com I won't be in the phone queue..   if Seabourn eliminates TAs I will eliminate Seabourn.

• Like 1

My previous comments about the possibility that cruise lines may move to the airline model was triggered by the excellent tread on "SS/RCCL Finances" thread on the SS forum, in particular post #1654. The cruise line in question there was Norwegian.

If the cruise line industry is moving to the airline model, I believe all of them will move roughly at the same time, just like what the airlines had done. Will the customers be happy? NO. Will the cruise lines make the changes tomorrow? No. None of the cruise lines are ready. Should they be thinking about it? Yes. As CEOs or CFOs of major cruise lines, they should be thinking and preparing for the future. My main point is that SB need to treat IT as a priority and invest resources into it.

20 minutes ago, CalmSea said:

My previous comments about the possibility that cruise lines may move to the airline model was triggered by the excellent tread on "SS/RCCL Finances" thread on the SS forum, in particular post #1654. The cruise line in question there was Norwegian.

If the cruise line industry is moving to the airline model, I believe all of them will move roughly at the same time, just like what the airlines had done. Will the customers be happy? NO. Will the cruise lines make the changes tomorrow? No. None of the cruise lines are ready. Should they be thinking about it? Yes. As CEOs or CFOs of major cruise lines, they should be thinking and preparing for the future. My main point is that SB need to treat IT as a priority and invest resources into it.

We invest and I don't think this is a winning investment model. Different businesses require different investment models. Airlines are in the business of getting from Point A to Point B but cruise lines have a totally different business model. They are involved in emotions and good memories which involves good TAs helping to to satisfy their client's wants.