Star class on Cocco Cay

4 hours ago, Jkaczanowski said:

No. No benefit to being Star on coco cay except maybe your genie getting you off the ship quicker. Still need to pay for beach club if you want to go there 

Yep, Perfect Day!   

• Haha 3

The Genies say everyone in Star class complains on every cruise that nothing is offered to Star class or Suites on Coco Cay like they have on Labadee.  But other cruise  lines also do not offer Suites a special area on their private islands either without an extra charge.  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I bet a lot of people in star class complain about every possible thing there is to complain about.

I'll take that bet.  Not that there's anyway to settle it.  If we did have complaint data though, I would bet their complaint volume is not different than any others, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were less.

• Like 3

There was a post recently on the blog that indicated that those who stay in the Ultimate Family Suite receive a complimentary cabana + water park tickets for everyone in the suite.  I had never heard this before and cannot personally verify it or even find where that amenity is documented.  I do not know if it is true...but it might be !.

2 hours ago, dasi11 said:

The Genies say everyone in Star class complains on every cruise that nothing is offered to Star class or Suites on Coco Cay like they have on Labadee.  But other cruise  lines also do not offer Suites a special area on their private islands either without an extra charge.  

The offerings on Labadee aren't nearly as exclusive as they used to be either

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The offerings on Labadee aren't nearly as exclusive as they used to be either

I was there in 2017 and again this spring. I didn't notice any difference. Unless you mean them opening up cabanas, which I agree, though I was offered one through the suite concierge for about 1/4 the price of what they went for in the cruise planner.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I was there in 2017 and again this spring. I didn't notice any difference. Unless you mean them opening up cabanas, which I agree, though I was offered one through the suite concierge for about 1/4 the price of what they went for in the cruise planner.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. 

sweet offer on the cabana for you!!

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

There was a post recently on the blog that indicated that those who stay in the Ultimate Family Suite receive a complimentary cabana + water park tickets for everyone in the suite.  I had never heard this before and cannot personally verify it or even find where that amenity is documented.  I do not know if it is true...but it might be !.

We stayed in the UFS on the Symphony before the COVID debacle.  CocoCay was on our itinerary but we did not get there because of the weather.  We did not receive any such offer or perk.  Now what you are talking about might be a recent perk offered but it didn't happen in ~2018 or 19.  

Coco Cay did have a suite area complete with a special luncheon just like Labadee.  There were Cabana's suite guests could rent for very little $$.  We  enjoyed it.  Once they started the "Perfect Day" all of a sudden, no Suite beach/area.  Since they dumped it in the beginning and did not give suites access to the beach club I doubt there will be anything in the future given the increases going on now.

12 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

We stayed in the UFS on the Symphony before the COVID debacle.  CocoCay was on our itinerary but we did not get there because of the weather.  We did not receive any such offer or perk.  Now what you are talking about might be a recent perk offered but it didn't happen in ~2018 or 19.  

I don’t believe any of those areas were even there in 2018 or 2019. The beach club didn’t open until 2020 just before the shutdown, and when we were there in 2019, there was only a temporary wooden bridge to get over to that side of the island. The pool was there, but they had not started landscaping it and there were no cabanas anywhere, just beach beds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I was there in 2017 and again this spring. I didn't notice any difference.

My experience at Labadee has been that the lunch is not as nice as it was pre-covid.  In fact the last time we were there I think they had the exact same offerings for suites with the exception that somebody was handing out plates and silverware.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

I don’t believe any of those areas were even there in 2018 or 2019. The beach club didn’t open until 2020 just before the shutdown, and when we were there in 2019, there was only a temporary wooden bridge to get over to that side of the island. The pool was there, but they had not started landscaping it and there were no cabanas anywhere, just beach beds.

Well, I guess that explains no perks offered for it.  LOL

22 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I have read that too on other Star Class group pages.

19 hours ago, orville99 said:

We were at the water park with a cabana in August 2019. 

18 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Well, I guess that explains no perks offered for it.  LOL

I think it was added post pandemic, from what I have read. They also get free candy at Candy Beach.  Two perks not worth the extra cost for the cabin now a days.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We were there on Monday, ‎March ‎25, ‎2019, and everything to the right of the temporary wooden bridge was still fenced off. The pier wasn't even completed yet, so only smaller ships could dock there.

DSC01593.JPG

DSC01598.JPG

DSC01599.JPG

DSC01600.JPG

• Like 1

Great photos.  With the smaller ship you must have been one of the first to dock there. 

Here is a photo from our cabana in August of 2019, days before Hurricane Dorian hit. If I remember correctly, we were the last ship there before it was shut down in preparation for the storm. Side note, I just looked it up and the water park opened in May of 2019. 

They clearly did a lot of work from March to August in 2019 as we docked with Harmony.

IMG_1CAB6EE7E832-1.thumb.jpeg.b6e51d46d5f94af975404bb34c63616c.jpeg

23 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I’ve read that too and apparently it is true based on reports I read on a different star class forum.   However, that is a cabin specific perk and lord knows anyone staying in that suite is paying some significant $$$ for it.   Significantly more than most Star class cabins which are already expensive.   I priced it out once for my family and I think it was between 50-60k for a week.  It was less than half of that for a different star class cabin.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have read that too on other Star Class group pages.

I think it was added post pandemic, from what I have read. They also get free candy at Candy Beach.  Two perks not worth the extra cost for the cabin now a days.

First I've heard of candy beach. What kind of candy do they give out? Cost to go for regular?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

First I've heard of candy beach. What kind of candy do they give out? Cost to go for regular?

I miss named it, it’s actually Sugar Beach. I found a video on YouTube.  

It’s a candy store, and on Symphony they have ice cream too. We purchased some red feet there once at cost.  It was rock hard that time, and we didn’t get anything there again. I’d be up for ice cream though. 😋

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I miss named it, it’s actually Sugar Beach. I found a video on YouTube.  

It’s a candy store, and on Symphony they have ice cream too. We purchased some red feet there once at cost.  It was rock hard that time, and we didn’t get anything there again. I’d be up for ice cream though. 😋

Red feet? You lead such a interesting life. Ok thanks

34 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Red feet? You lead such an interesting life. Ok thanks

They are a gummy like candy, similar to liquorice but stamped in the shape of a foot. Like liquorice, when it is hard and stale VS soft and fresh, it is not very tasty. 

IMG_3064.thumb.jpeg.4f0bfe1267b4d5d7037c59fa3b5508a9.jpeg