Upgrading Existing Plus & Premier Package Bookings

Woobstr112G

Just got off the phone with Princess regarding upgrading my upcoming Premier cruise package to cover the new added non grandfathered items. My cruise is in October and is a 15 day cruise to Hawaii r/t out of San Pedro. Final payment has obviously been made. The total cost for both of us (if we had booked with Princess) was $130ish. Since I used a T/A, the cost went up to $162 due to the T/A’s commission. Since the cost was reasonable, I took the plunge and upgraded…..

Bob

1 minute ago, Woobstr112G said:

Just got off the phone with Princess regarding upgrading my upcoming Premier cruise package to cover the new added non grandfathered items. My cruise is in October and is a 15 day cruise to Hawaii r/t out of San Pedro. Final payment has obviously been made. The total cost for both of us (if we had booked with Princess) was $130ish. Since I used a T/A, the cost went up to $162 due to the T/A’s commission. Since the cost was reasonable, I took the plunge and upgraded…..

Bob

Don't follow the math as upgrading from Premier $75 to Premier $80 should be $75/pp for 15 days.  The fact that a TA makes commission should not make you pay more.  For example, my TA would have discounted the upcharge, just as I would get a discount on the Plus/Premier cost in the first place if I was booking it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Bob

Seems as though it should be $150 for you both.  

Maybe the extra is the additional in insurance you would pay on this, if you have Princess Ins.

It’s not a TA commission.  It would be $162.00 with the UG and extra insurance cost.

Anyway, you did it!  Enjoy!

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Don't follow the math as upgrading from Premier $75 to Premier $80 should be $75/pp for 15 days.  The fact that a TA makes commission should not make you pay more.  For example, my TA would have discounted the upcharge, just as I would get a discount on the Plus/Premier cost in the first place if I was booking it.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Seems as though it should be $150 for you both.  

Maybe the extra is the additional in insurance you would pay on this, if you have Princess Ins.

It’s not a TA commission.  It would be $162.00 with the UG and extra insurance cost.

Anyway, you did it!  Enjoy!

Oh of course that is the answer.  DOH!!!  8% of $150 is $12 and hence $162 total.  But the Princess price he mentioned doesn't make sense.

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Oh of course that is the answer.  DOH!!!  8% of $150 is $12 and hence $162 total.  But the Princess price he mentioned doesn't make sense.

No, don’t know where the PCL got that $130 from.  

And the TA comm on packages is only 10 %, not some "larger" amount that certain people have been speculating about... 🙂 It's actually less than the commission that is made on cruise fare

• Like 1