Spring Break in US in march? Planning cruise

latebuyer

I'm interested in going to mexico in march but i thought there was spring break in the US then? I'm canadian so i don't know. I don't imagine mexico is a hotbed of kids but who knows. It would be the one leaving LA.

Edited by latebuyer

• latebuyer changed the title to Spring Break in US in march? Planning cruise
18 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I'm interested in going to mexico in march but i thought there was spring break in the US then? I'm canadian so i don't know. I don't imagine mexico is a hotbed of kids but who knows. It would be the one leaving LA.

Spring Break used to be a defined time period.  However, the traditional "Breaker" destination cities have convinced the major college/universities to stager their calendars.  The bulk of College kids will be on Break between February 27th through March 27th.  https://www.inertiatours.com/when-is-spring-break-2024/.  The K-12 grade/high school kids, mid-to-late February seems to be popular.

Are you concerned about kids' behavior onboard the ship or the ship and destination ports overrun with college kids?  The low cost lines tend to attract the young folks.

Enjoy!

There's really no "Spring Break" to avoid unless you don't want to travel from March-May.  Schools in the US have all gone to modified schedules and there's really no way to know when "Spring Break" will effect your travel plans.  We did a cruise out of Galveston in March and it was full of TX "Spring Breaker", when most CA schools weren't even out yet.  Bottom line is if you're worried about Spring Break in CA you should cruise somewhere else.  I was just in Cabo on June 1st and the second day the place was packed with drunk 18 year old high school grads from all over the US.  MX is still a huge draw for those underage.    The good thing about cruising is the cruise lines are very restrictive on letting people under 21 sail alone and no way will they let them drink.  When we did the Galveston cruise security was very tight about checking bottles and bags for booze.  .  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

7 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks everyone. Looks like there isn’t one specific time that is busier. I think i’ll go the first week of march.

That is the week we decided on as well.  Fingers crossed the spring break crowds aren't too bad.  I'm sure my daughter might appreciate more people her age but me, not so much.

We were on a couple of years ago during that time. And Cabo was pretty busy with the spring breakers, but not overwhelming. Cabo is my favorite place to go. We are planning on going back in 24 during March.

• 4 weeks later...

I did the Mexican Riviera once during the spring break timeframe of March/early April depending. The beaches and ports were so crowded. It wasn’t with our spring breakers. It was Mexican families coming to the beach during their own spring breaks. I didn’t realize this might be an issue. I have never again cruised there in the spring except after the week of Easter  so, typically mid-April.