YouTube video should be played on a LOOP on all cruses

On 8/13/2023 at 1:48 PM, reallyitsmema said:

Couldn't even get through the whole video.  Get to the point already.  

I don't understand how people like that get 229K followers.  And 4.9K actually gave the thumbs up?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Tony at La Lido Loca is a travel agent who posts clickbait for clicks and busness. No cruise line should play his video. 

Hard to believe that crap actually generates business for him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Tony at La Lido Loca is a travel agent who posts clickbait for clicks and busness. No cruise line should play his video. 

I seriously did not think any cruise line would actually play that video on ships. My point was a veiled commentary regarding some of the customers of cruise lines.  

I agree most vloggers are not fully viewable, at least for people with moderate cruise experience.  Tony is witty with a personality. When together with his wife Jenny they can be hilarious at times.  

I am not a subscriber to any channel.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

on ships. My point was a veiled commentary regarding some of the customers of cruise lines.  

Unfortunately self serve buffets at any public venue have the same types. Magnified on cruises as there are large crowds using the buffet. I prefer the “buffets” where they have someone serving the food. Non self serve. Like on Oceania. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

3 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

I seriously did not think any cruise line would actually play that video on ships. My point was a veiled commentary regarding some of the customers of cruise lines.  

I agree most vloggers are not fully viewable, at least for people with moderate cruise experience.  Tony is witty with a personality. When together with his wife Jenny they can be hilarious at times.  

I am not a subscriber to any channel.

Any and All Cruise Line could create their own video with some key points on a loop!! 

I saw a Vlogger Couple while I was on a cruise last year.  I was next to them while they were creating some content. We actually saw them a few times during the cruise doing their thing... Normally we don't pay attention to what people are doing around us while we are on vacation. They do them we do us.  But they were constantly arguing, reshooting and their language and volumes were not kid friendly!! We weren't offended but it took away from our downtime. 
I don't know if they were new vloggers or had thousands of followers, but If I ever do run across one of their vlogs, I am not sure I would watch it

I only subscribe to a few cell phone vloggers 😄

On 8/13/2023 at 7:48 PM, reallyitsmema said:

I didn’t even bother to watch it. I’ve seen a few of his and 1 or 2 were sort of funny, but you have to watch a ton of them just to come across those. Normally they’re painful to watch.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 4:30 AM, zimmerman said:

Reusing a plate?

I always assume this is better than just creating more dirty crockery.

im no scientist… but how many germs can there be on a plate I’ve used, and is the contamination risk any greater than the fact I’m a the one who’s used the plate and holding the plate and rocking up to the buffet station anyway?

I'm not using the plate to ladle out the pasta or dipping it into the soup.

am I naive? Is reusing a plate actually bad?

I assume it’s about contact?

or is it more the fact that not everybody will be so careful and inevitably the ladle or tongs WILL touch the used plate?

I believe the reason is the germs could now transfer.   You carry a used plate then use your hands to grab tongs, ladle etc.    Plus the fact the tongs may slightly touch your used plate.   

Just please don't do it.  Grab a new plate to protect others.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2023 at 4:30 AM, zimmerman said:

Reusing a plate?

I always assume this is better than just creating more dirty crockery.

im no scientist… but how many germs can there be on a plate I’ve used, and is the contamination risk any greater than the fact I’m a the one who’s used the plate and holding the plate and rocking up to the buffet station anyway?

I'm not using the plate to ladle out the pasta or dipping it into the soup.

am I naive? Is reusing a plate actually bad?

I assume it’s about contact?

or is it more the fact that not everybody will be so careful and inevitably the ladle or tongs WILL touch the used plate?

I believe the reason is the germs could now transfer.   You carry a used plate then use your hands to grab tongs, ladle etc.    Plus the fact the tongs may slightly touch your used plate.   

Just please don't do it.  Grab a new plate to protect others.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2023 at 12:48 PM, reallyitsmema said:

agree// he is one of the most informative cruise YT's but also super annoying and it's tough to make it thru his click bait video's.

So many other creator's with way better content!

• Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 2:38 PM, goldfish65 said:

My $.02 not reusing plates is buffet etiquette as a safeguard from those who might be careless and allow contamination. 

Seriously....no such thing as "No contamination", your kitchen sink has more germs than any buffet plate....just sayin........but I follow the rules, even though ridiculous...........thank god for the human immune system

Edited by BecciBoo

I watch several, but some I have unsubscribed because of annoying clickbait.  Used to watch Ben & David because they had clever and amusing food reviews but they've gotten too critical and no longer provide really helpful information now.  Another couple sells glasses/hats and she just had a baby, their clickbait got to me early on, ridiculous.  I like Views & Ques but she annoys me playing stupid.  Love the Traveling Gamblers as they are thoroughly detailed and informational plus I'm learning slot machines! LOL  Used to love EEC but it got to be too much about their personal stuff.  I'm always adding new ones though.

On 8/14/2023 at 11:16 AM, edrussell said:

Oh my, harsh critics...  We love watching Tony.  He makes me laugh and life is too short not to try and laugh once in a while.  To each their own of course.

I agree.  Plus, they are usually bite-sized videos that can be quickly watched, unlike some of those 30+ minute long infomercials.

And now I'm wondering if a few of the people on this thread engage in some of the loser moves mentioned his video. 😄

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

And now I'm wondering if a few of the people on this thread engage in some of the loser moves mentioned his video. 😄

I don't know as I don't bother to watch his annoying videos anymore or those of that even more annoying Youtube loser Don, the one who includes loser things from his life that have nothing to do with cruises.

7 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I don't know as I don't bother to watch his annoying videos anymore or those of that even more annoying Youtube loser Don, the one who includes loser things from his life that have nothing to do with cruises.

Couldn't agree more. In my opinion that Tony is just full of himself and Don has some cloud constantly over his head having this problem or that problem in life.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I knew you and I could find some common ground.🙂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I don't know as I don't bother to watch his annoying videos anymore

I think that your word “anymore” sums it up,

Tony and Don aren’t losers, they are leaders in their field.  During Covid they provided up to date information and kept we untraveled informed on everything from lift & shifts, credits, return to sailing  forecasts and new protocols.  

They were so good at it they were copied by many others.  But all of them really have their place in helping the new or not savvy with experience cruiser.  Many on this forum, are neither new nor lack cruising experience, so perhaps like me, watch them less.  

So I won’t agree with you on name calling, and Don’s personal life and serious health battles, are not generally on his cruise related channel, but on a more personal channel.  

On last thing, I happen to learn manners from my mother while sitting around a kitchen table.  I learned some manners, just not all of them. The original post was just a wish that more of us knew more of them.  

• Like 2