Specialty dining credit - Lumiere?

Victoria_BC_Mom

No when you board call the dine line and ask to be added to the list.  It is random so you may or may not be chosen.

I upgraded to Premier on the weekend and already have my specialty dinners booked. 

Edited by Sprocket
  • Like 1

It was $150 Per Person last time I checked. I personally couldn't eat anything to make this coat worth while. The specialty dinner  is $35 PP. If it's from the beverage package it's not the specialty dinner it's the casual dinner $15 PP. Check the details because that's where the details lie.

Edited by cruzsnooze

2 hours ago, Sprocket said:

I upgraded to Premier on the weekend and already have my specialty dinners booked. 

When you made your specialty dinner reservations, did you have to pay with a credit card?   We are suppose to get two dinners included but we were not able to use the credits.                                    Same thing happened with excursions - they charged our credit card rather than use OBC.  We were told they will refund our money when we get on the ship and talk to customer service.   Makes me think they want to have use our money for months.  Thanks

42 minutes ago, compozer said:

When you made your specialty dinner reservations, did you have to pay with a credit card?   We are suppose to get two dinners included but we were not able to use the credits.                                    Same thing happened with excursions - they charged our credit card rather than use OBC.  We were told they will refund our money when we get on the ship and talk to customer service.   Makes me think they want to have use our money for months.  Thanks

42 minutes ago, compozer said:

No charge for mine, when I selected Crown Grill it showed the $39 charge then -$39 and a zero balance. Same for Sabatinis.   But you have to scroll all the way down to see that.  I have checked my pending charges and the only charge was for the Premier upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, compozer said:

Makes me think they want to have use our money for months.  Thanks

I call this an interest free loan. At least Princess isn't as bad as Viking. We were looking at a penthouse suite on Viking for end Nov 2024. Viking wanted final payment 15 months in advance. Talk about an interest free loan (BTW, I would not do it and opted for an Owner's Suite on Princess).

5 hours ago, Victoria_BC_Mom said:

Two specialty dining events are included in our booking.  We were wondering if a booking at the Chef's Table Lumiere could be one of them?

Don't think so...totally separate.

5 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

It was $150 Per Person last time I checked. I personally couldn't eat anything to make this coat worth while. The specialty dinner  is $35 PP. If it's from the beverage package it's not the specialty dinner it's the casual dinner $15 PP. Check the details because that's where the details lie.

The specialty dinners are Crown Grill (and similar) and Sabatini's.  They are $35 and $39 at last check but  2 specialty dinners are only included with the Premier Package (not the "beverage package") 2 Casual dinners are included in the Plus Package and unlimited Casual dinners are included with the Premier package. 

21 hours ago, compozer said:

Same here for us . We have Premier and after making the 2 reservations included checked our CC and were charged for both . Cancelled and tried again and same result . Called Princess and the operator was no help . Told me to either cancel and try my luck with times still available or keep the reservation and go to guest services and receive an onboard credit . When I said I dont want an onboard credit she replied that was all she could suggest . On another similar thread some suggestions offered didnt work either. We are paid in full .Seems Princess Premier is a headache as I assume Ill be standing in line with many others at guest relations rather than enjoying embarkation . 

Maybe someone here can offer a solution I havnt tried - Id like to keep the reservations but dreading having to spend time at guest relations justifying the Premier deal that I paid for and either getting unwanted cabin credit or waiting ages for a possible eventual refund . Think Ill just go with Plus if we ever sail with Princess again.

On 8/14/2023 at 6:36 PM, compozer said:

On the page that I selected he DATE for the dinner was the statement that said I had a credit which would be applied when I booked, and it was.  After booking, the charge was displayed, followed by a reversal.  Not sure why yours didn’t work like that . You should contact Princess or your TA.

4 hours ago, Victoria_BC_Mom said:

. You should contact Princess or your TA.

Glad it worked for you.   Did contact both, said to contact customer service when we get on the ship.   TA said other clients are having the same issue.