Celebrity home porting at Port Canaveral in Dec 2024

Jeremiah1212

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

There are so many 3-8 night sailings out of Pt Canaveral already, it would have been nice to see some longer (if even just 10-12 nights) cruises offered.

Tom

It would have been excellent!  But those cruises attract an older crowd, and Celebrity apparently doesn't want the older crowd onboard anymore.

• Like 2

I am so happy that Celebrity is coming to PC - for us it is a better drive (going North on I-95) with less traffic to fight like around FLL and MIA. It would have been great if "X" was offering 10 & 11 night itineraries like Beyond at FLL. I am hoping that "X" will offer a Bermuda itinerary and maybe stop in Charleston. Are you listening Celebrity??????

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

It would have been excellent!  But those cruises attract an older crowd, and Celebrity apparently doesn't want the older crowd onboard anymore.

There sure is a bunch of us "Seniors" here in Florida - it is still a huge cruising segment to ignore. I cannot believe all of the new construction for single family homes, apartments, condo's and duplex developments............quite a few 55 and older. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

There sure is a bunch of us "Seniors" here in Florida - it is still a huge cruising segment to ignore. I cannot believe all of the new construction for single family homes, apartments, condo's and duplex developments............quite a few 55 and older. 

I know.  And many of us have 20-30 more cruising years to go, and had hoped to continue them on the wonderful Celebrity experience.  That's why I just don't 100% buy into the need new blood to survive argument.  As we age out, others will age in.  And there's nothing wrong with also encouraging a younger crowd, but not to the exclusion of your current base. For the next 20 or more years most of us are still around and able to fill someone's ships!   A shame many of us feel the need to consider other lines after years and years of loyalty.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I know.  And many of us have 20-30 more cruising years to go, and had hoped to continue them on the wonderful Celebrity experience.  That's why I just don't 100% buy into the need new blood to survive argument.  As we age out, others will age in.  And there's nothing wrong with also encouraging a younger crowd, but not to the exclusion of your current base. For the next 20 or more years most of us are still around and able to fill someone's ships!   A shame many of us feel the need to consider other lines after years and years of loyalty.

Agree...........there is a gap from the "introductory - mainstream lines" and the "premium / luxury lines" and that was filled well by "X", HAL and Princess...........if "X" abandons / neglects this more mature segmentation, then their loyal customers will gravitate to these other brands. Time will tell.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tfred said:

X can't survive on just central Florida people wanting to cruise. There must be a driving radius that includes South Caroline and Georgia that they are factoring in 

MCO is a big airport but it is a hike to get to Port Canaveral

MCO is 45 mins to PC 

We live right by MCO - it's an easy drive 

Also if anyone is looking to stay in Orlando, stay in Lake Nona, highly recommend the Wave Hotel 

4 hours ago, flvol77 said:

MCO is a big airport but it is a hike to get to Port Canaveral

Agree.  No reason to fly into MCO and drive to a cruise port, when FLL and MIA are closer their respective cruise ports, plus West Palm is another option.  Hard to envision a family with kids or a couple paying for airfare and transport from MCO and to go on a non-Edge class ship.  And, families with kids flying would migrate to the CocoCay itineraries or just skip Celebrity.  Plus younger couples are not going to be impressed with an older ship, no modern quick service concepts, cutbacks, etc. 

• Like 2

Well add me to the list of happy folks! Port Canaveral is our closest homeport as well and we love a pre-cruise day in Cocoa Beach!  Loved it when X had sailings from Charleston (we live 20 minutes from the port) and have been hoping they would add Port Canaveral for years now.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, flvol77 said:

MCO is 45 mins to PC 

We live right by MCO - it's an easy drive 

Also if anyone is looking to stay in Orlando, stay in Lake Nona, highly recommend the Wave Hotel 

I agree. We have a house in Lake Nona and 528 is the straightest highway in FL😂.

Its 25 miles dead due east before you have to move the steering wheel, unless you happen to be weaving through traffic at 75mph. 

Easy drive, if no accidents or smoke.

mac_tlc

3 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I agree. We have a house in Lake Nona and 528 is the straightest highway in FL😂.

Its 25 miles dead due east before you have to move the steering wheel, unless you happen to be weaving through traffic at 75mph. 

Easy drive, if no accidents or smoke.

mac_tlc

Or 80-85 mph... it would seem that the speed "bar" keeps bumping up !

Tom

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We are almost exclusively Celebrity now. We have the Beyond for 12/2 & 12/13 for 2024 - maybe see you in Fort Lauderdale??

Us too. We have 3 Celebrity cruises booked. See signature block. We might book an Oasis out of FLL for Jan 25 because of a family get together otherwise Oasis would be really low on our list. 

19 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Us too. We have 3 Celebrity cruises booked. See signature block. We might book an Oasis out of FLL for Jan 25 because of a family get together otherwise Oasis would be really low on our list. 

Oasis okay for families who do not mind more modest dining   Waiting on lines, crowded areas. Lots for the kiddos, wave pool and zip liners to enjoy

other than that.. just eh

• Like 1

Just now, hcat said:

Oasis okay for families who do not mind more modest dining   Waiting on lines, crowded areas. Lots for the kiddos, wave pool and zip liners to enjoy

other than that.. just eh

Agreed! Some family members booked it and asked us to join them. We haven't made up our minds yet but we probably will. It will be fun regardless of the downsides you mention. (The family is bringing those "kiddos" LOL)

On 8/16/2023 at 9:47 AM, Jeremiah1212 said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The top market areas for Caribbean cruises are 80% from Florida. I would also question the New York population. This very well could be a significant number of people who use a NY address to book their cruise but essentially live in FL (at least during winter months).

7 night Caribbean

1. Miami, FL

2. West Palm Beach, FL

3. Orlando, Fl

4. Tampa, FL 

5. New York, NY

Long Caribbean (8+ nights)

1. Tampa, FL

2. Orlando, FL

3. West Palm Beach, FL

4. New York, NY 

5. Naples, FL 

Short Caribbean (6 and under nights)

1. Miami, FL

2.Tampa, FL

3. West Palm Beach, FL

4. Orlando, FL

5. New York, NY 

I wouldn't want to be building ships with my major segment coming from a state with just 20 million people. 

sod you have percentages of those cities?  4 out of 5 cities is 80%, just would like to see the actual breakdown 

On 8/15/2023 at 3:55 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

The 22nd is when these new Port Canaveral sailings will be on sale. 

Hi

Our sailing from tampa March 25 cancelled and I notice that there are no sailings from tampa in 2025 all cancelled. Does the mean port canaveral will take over from Tampa? 

thanks

27 minutes ago, daveb222 said:

Hi

Our sailing from tampa March 25 cancelled and I notice that there are no sailings from tampa in 2025 all cancelled. Does the mean port canaveral will take over from Tampa? 

thanks

No, Constellation will remain in Tampa. Equinox will be at Port Canaveral which is a new homeport. 

New 7 night sailings on Constellation from Tampa will go on sale next Tuesday. Those new 7 night sailings will replace the previously sold (now cancelled) 9 and 12 night sailings. 

That’s a real bummer, we had a 12 night booked with a great itinerary, plus side they gave us 200$ onboard spend but guessing the price per night will go up. Anyway let’s see what they release, big thank you for the information, could get nothing from our TA. 

1 hour ago, tfred said:

I wouldn't want to be building ships with my major segment coming from a state with just 20 million people. 

sod you have percentages of those cities?  4 out of 5 cities is 80%, just would like to see the actual breakdown 

RGC doesn't publish them but CLIA has limited numbers available. 

For somewhat of a baseline, in 2019 there were 8.29 embarkations from Florida ports. In the same year 2.3 million cruise passengers were Florida residents. 

See cruises have been published departing Tampa and Port Canaveral, I’m based in the UK and our original 12 night from Tampa in outside cabin was £2,000 which was a great price now they want £3,000 for a 7 night cruise, effectively doubled the price 😞 Luckily RCC prices are still respectable, 9 nights with a similar Itinerary is under £2,000 🙂 

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2023 at 6:47 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Is the loyalty two way street?