Prima Iceland / Norway August 2023

PhillyTravelBug

1 hour ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Somewhere this week I heard that Amsterdam is making a similar fuss as Venice with the volume of cruise ship passengers and the burden it puts on.  Can’t imagine changes would be implemented this quickly.

I've been to Amsterdam and it is really crowded. That's why we decided to just do a canal tour. Just have to figure out where to get the bus!!

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2024 at 9:21 PM, Freezing cold said:

I've been to Amsterdam and it is really crowded. That's why we decided to just do a canal tour. Just have to figure out where to get the bus!!

Want to do the same thin, was going to do the Amsterdam on your own but its booked up, anyone know what the best arrangements are to get to Amsterdam and back for a canal tour and some wandering?

Also looking for better options in Reykjavik, anyone have some good third party suggestions for there? Wanted to do something in depth like the golden circle on the first day, and second day looking for a private (or group if others are interested) car that can take us through the city for lunch and then to the airport (with luggage). Any suggestions for either of these would be appreciated.

45 minutes ago, jusiag said:

Want to do the same thin, was going to do the Amsterdam on your own but its booked up, anyone know what the best arrangements are to get to Amsterdam and back for a canal tour and some wandering?

Also looking for better options in Reykjavik, anyone have some good third party suggestions for there? Wanted to do something in depth like the golden circle on the first day, and second day looking for a private (or group if others are interested) car that can take us through the city for lunch and then to the airport (with luggage). Any suggestions for either of these would be appreciated.

Check the site by "V".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jusiag said:

Do we know which port locations in Amsterdam and Reykjavik we can use for pickups?

In Reykjavik I don't know the name but same one NCL has been using.  When we sailed we actually docked at pier not right by little tourist building so they bused you two minutes or you could walk along a special path.  The V picked you up right by the tourist building.  All sailings l've seen this year have been by the building.

I believe we used the “V” one for our golden circle tour. Whichever one we did choose, we had a great tour guide. We had a pre-booked bike tour for Amsterdam and had plenty of time to explore on our own afterwards.

13 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I believe we used the “V” one for our golden circle tour. Whichever one we did choose, we had a great tour guide. We had a pre-booked bike tour for Amsterdam and had plenty of time to explore on our own afterwards.

Just out of curiosity, did you wear helmets for your bike tour? It seemed to me observing all the bicycle riders in Amsterdam that basically no one wore a helmet, but wondering if US residents would wear a helmet out of habit (or for safety) or follow what seems to be the local custom.

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Just out of curiosity, did you wear helmets for your bike tour? It seemed to me observing all the bicycle riders in Amsterdam that basically no one wore a helmet, but wondering if US residents would wear a helmet out of habit (or for safety) or follow what seems to be the local custom.

We had to wear helmets. 

• Thanks 1