Prima Iceland / Norway August 2023

PhillyTravelBug

3 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

We did the Eagle Road / Dalsnibba Skywals through venture ashore. Fantastic guide. Highly recommend.

@PhillyTravelBug  Fabulous pictures with fabulous weather.  Good for you all!   Question:  How much of a temperature drop do you think you experienced from the port up to Eagle Road and/or the Dalsnibba Skywalk??

Agreed, today was amazing!  My feelings when I woke up and walked up to the top deck were….let’s just say I was not prepared.  

My husband was done with bus tours so we went Kayaking instead which was really cool!  Those little Ecars are super tempting and if we had seen them before 2:30pm we totally would have grabbed one.  This is a stop that I wanted 4 more hours in.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

@McGarrett5oh I am glad I had my zip up jacket or a hoodie would be fine. It was about a ten degree Fahrenheit drop.

@golden6911 I was so upset I didn’t read about them in my research. Not too upset since the views were stunning and the weather was perfect.

@PhillyTravelBug  Thanks that helps a lot We’re there next month and expect a dip in temperature as we climb and praying for similar sunny weather that you enjoyed.    Thanks for a great live report!

@PhillyTravelBug, I assume you missed Isafjordur as we missed it only a few days before you were there. How did they treat it going in your direction? Going our way, we ended up with an overnight in Akureyri, and then a sea day. I hope it is the only port you will miss. Our cruise missed the port in Belgium (we were going to go to Brugge) because of extremely low tides.

You mentioned you thought it was better doing the cruise in your direction. We had extremely rough seas our first day, and part of that was we were sailing against the current. It would have still been very windy going in your direction, but it would have been with the current.

2 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Saw Rumors band tonight and I am so happy we caught this. It’s one of the greatest albums of all time and the band is incredible. Standing room only. Isn’t that how a rock show should be?

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_0590.jpeg

IMG_0589.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

IMG_0592.jpeg

I got to talk to two of their singers, Mandy (the female with a ring in her nose) and Steven (the bald male). It started when Many said she liked my Grateful Dead tee shirt. I told her my wife had bought it for me as a present at Bethel Woods, where the original Woodstock festival had been and I was there 54 years ago. And she wanted to hear about my experience there.

BTW, I met two other passengers on the cruise who had been there.

• Like 3

Bergen-

we lucked out again today with just a little rain and drizzle and cleared up rather early. I had stopped at the bakery and got a delicious danish and some biscotti. Headed to Fløibanen, did some sightseeing, and then just enjoyed the architecture, cobblestone streets, and some shopping.

I really was hoping to see a laundry offer when I got back, but no such luck.

IMG_0596.jpeg

IMG_0603.jpeg

IMG_0607.jpeg

IMG_0613.jpeg

IMG_0619.jpeg

IMG_0620.jpeg

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0622.jpeg

IMG_0623.jpeg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, skatie said:

@PhillyTravelBug do you recall how many ships you had in Geiranger port?  It looks like there are 3 large ones are in port when we are there - thought that would be awfully crowded for such a small area - wondering if it felt congested when you were there?

I can’t imagine. We were the only one. Once we were out of the fjord leading to Geiranger, there were other ships sailing. Maybe from Stravenger??

• Like 1

I tried to get some shots of the go karts. We had to reschedule until tomorrow because of rain. This track looks so much better. When we did the track on the Bliss I expected it to be a waste of money and a gimmick. It was quite the opposite.

Also, those slides are only open for a few hours per day. The drop was so slow and disappointing; still want to try the rush slides.

IMG_0656.jpeg

IMG_0659.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

IMG_0654.jpeg

On 8/18/2023 at 4:39 PM, www3traveler said:

When you can, could you please post the current Officers both Bridge and Hotel.  Thank you very much.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Better late than never… I found them on in the atrium right in front of my face the past week. What can I say? I’m a guy. Not too observant at times. Sorry about the glare.

IMG_0668.jpeg

IMG_0671.jpeg

IMG_0674.png

IMG_0673.png

IMG_0672.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Sail away out of Bergen from our balcony. Beautiful weather today. Goodbye Norway. One of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been to.

IMG_0648.jpeg

IMG_0650.jpeg

IMG_0651.jpeg

We loved Norway. 😊 Three different ports, and all very different, plus we had previously been on a cruise that included Oslo, another great port.

• Like 3