Mardi Gras cruise significant changes

Tee & Chilli

I will have to look into that cruise.   

It gives the 2 most important nights in NOLA a docks fairly close to Bourbon St.  

Those other ports that were eliminated don’t interest me.  Whenever we stop there we stay on board.

Thanks for posting

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

25 minutes ago, miched said:

I will have to look into that cruise.   

It gives the 2 most important nights in NOLA a docks fairly close to Bourbon St.  

Those other ports that were eliminated don’t interest me.  Whenever we stop there we stay on board.

Thanks for posting

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You can have our aft-facing AQ cabin as we're cancelling our booking today.

49 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We avoid New Orleans at Mardi Gras but loved the cruise that overnighted there during JazzFest.

Sailing is poorly timed.  Doesn't arrive in NOLA until sometime on Monday so misses many of the big weekend parades.  Little to do Tuesday aside from Rex parade as most of city is shut down for holiday.  Even the outlet center adjoining the dock is closed.  We had a great time on the inaugural Mardi Gras sailing back in '17 which arrived a day earlier.  Only disappointments were lack of Mardi Gras themed onboard events and little late food available after returning from parades.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks

I can’t find the cruise on Celebrity Site.  I guess that should be expected.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

We are booked for 24, but might not consider the shorter one in 25. We'll have to see how we like Constellation. We have done 3 Mardi Gras cruises on Reflection and Equinox out of Fort Lauderdale and loved those cruises. We like Solstice Class ships and prefer to leave from Fort Lauderdale. I wish they weren't making the 2025 cruise shorter. It's nice to relax a few days after Mardi Gras. 

4 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

The letter from Celebrity says the change is due to accommodating families.

Strange because the longer sailings seem to sell well in my opinion.

Sounds like an identity crisis. Is X a premium line or a family cruise line? Maybe they’re trying to carve out a new niche as the first premium family cruise line.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RTShaker said:

Let me guess. There was no reduction in the cruise fare?

They already told us that there will be a reduction in fare based on the reduction in days.  Not sure why you would think they wouldn't adjust the price.  

I know a lot of Celebrity fans are getting really upset by all the changes.  I choose to just breath and see where all this takes us.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

...  Not sure why you would think they wouldn't adjust the price.  

From a recent "enhancement" to my cruise itinerary where I lost a day and 2 ports with no reduction or additional OBC.

On 8/16/2023 at 2:07 PM, Baron Barracuda said:

Sailing is poorly timed.  Doesn't arrive in NOLA until sometime on Monday so misses many of the big weekend parades.  Little to do Tuesday aside from Rex parade as most of city is shut down for holiday.  Even the outlet center adjoining the dock is closed.  We had a great time on the inaugural Mardi Gras sailing back in '17 which arrived a day earlier.  Only disappointments were lack of Mardi Gras themed onboard events and little late food available after returning from parades.

Can you post a link for reviewing activities?

I”m trying to decide on this modified sailing. 
Thank you 

12 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Can you post a link for reviewing activities?

I”m trying to decide on this modified sailing. 
Thank you 

Our Mardi Gras sailing back in '17 was marketed as a Mardi Gras theme cruise however X ran it as simply a sailing that happened to call in NOLA for three days in February.  Very little themed activities or dining.  Fortunately we had well over 1k boisterous CC members on board who created our own fun.  Hopefully X has since upped their game.

43 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Our Mardi Gras sailing back in '17 was marketed as a Mardi Gras theme cruise however X ran it as simply a sailing that happened to call in NOLA for three days in February.  Very little themed activities or dining.  Fortunately we had well over 1k boisterous CC members on board who created our own fun.  Hopefully X has since upped their game.

We were on that sailing and yes we had fun!

2 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Where did you locate the parade schedule?