Parking at Fort Lauderdale pier

markf

cruised out of Lauderdale/Everglades last Nov and drove .... had cruised from here b4 and always avoided driving.

NOT DRIVING was better choice.

admittedly my Nov experience was a cruise over Thanksgiving but in general parking in PE is terrible.

some berths have no adjacent parking at all .... others have insufficient. when we arrived in time for our boarding time all nearby parking was already full and blocked off. asking port employees directing traffic where to go resulted in general hand wave and shrug of shoulders and 'keep moving'.

eventually found ONE garage still admitting cars and was directed to park under big 'no parking' sign. No shuttle to pier my ship was at .... on return no shuttle from ship to this lot/garage either. A rather long HOT walk (I had dropped others and bags first)

I'll not try again .... find another way to get to the berth or use a different port is my future plan ....

Many discussions around about the layout and related info. If you look at a map of Port Everglades, you will see that Palm Garage is almost across the street from Terminal 25, where Celebrity usually docks, so walking is a possibility there. You will be able to find out your terminal, and then figure out what parking garage to use about 2 weeks prior to sailing date.

Parking at Port Everglades is $15/night.

You can drop your luggage, then park, or park and take the luggage to the drop-off spot. It's a bit of a hike to the drop-off spot, though, so drop it before you park if you have a lot of bags and/or mobility issues.

I've only sailed for Port Everglades twice and both times our ship returned to a different berth from where we sailed from. I don't know if this still happens there since it's been ten or so years.There's a free shuttle to take arrivals to the garage where you parked but you're fighting with everyone else to get on it.

On my second cruise I parked offsite at an Airport/Cruise Parking facility which is just 5 minutes away. They have a shuttle to take you to your departure terminal and pick up at your arrival terminal. While it's still a hassle, very few people from your ship are going to this facility so you're not competing with every passenger on your ship. Much better, and cheaper.

That said, if nowadays the ships return to their original cruise terminal, it's a moot point.

Port Everglades is our home port and we have been sailing out of it about once a year for the past decade and have never had an issue with parking.  That said, we are usually at terminal 2 (Princess) immediately adjacent to a parking garage but we have departed and returned to some of the other terminals.  Plus we never sail during Thanksgiving, Christmas to New Years or Easter week.

If you have checked out the port's official website, I suggest you do so.  www.porteverglades.net