Any recommendations for MIA hotels

zteamtwo

I would  not stay  at the airport  are  much nicer to stay downtown unless you are arriving late at night  then the airport hotels would be fine

Depends on your budget

We like the Hampton Inn Brickell  but  no airport shuttle 

They did have a shuttle to the port for  a fee  but  a taxi or Uber  works out about the same

Check the  Florida departures forum many options

2 minutes ago, YoPhilly said:

Check deals on Hotwire.  We got a great deal at the Intercontinental.  Fabulous view of the port and just a $10 cab ride.

I got one of those at the Intercontinental quite a few years ago on either Hotwire or Priceline. Seems like it was under $150. It's a great property. I do find that I don't see as good of deals on those websites as much anymore. Of course part of that is that we get free rooms from Marriott and Hilton most of the time with the credit card plan. We have 3 Marriott cards that have a yearly fee of $99 each, each year there is a free night with each one up to 35k points. In January we had a free room at the Hilton Bentley at South Beach, $500 or more a night, and then a free night at the Gabriel Downtown Miami, right across the street from the port, this past March. Woke up and stepped out on the balcony and the Riviera was there waiting for us. 

All that to say maybe the reasons I don't see good deals on Priceline or Hotwire much anymore is that I don't use them as much as I used to.  Like the saying goes, free beats wholesale. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

I got one of those at the Intercontinental quite a few years ago on either Hotwire or Priceline. Seems like it was under $150. It's a great property. I do find that I don't see as good of deals on those websites as much anymore. Of course part of that is that we get free rooms from Marriott and Hilton most of the time with the credit card plan. We have 3 Marriott cards that have a yearly fee of $99 each, each year there is a free night with each one up to 35k points. In January we had a free room at the Hilton Bentley at South Beach, $500 or more a night, and then a free night at the Gabriel Downtown Miami, right across the street from the port, this past March. Woke up and stepped out on the balcony and the Riviera was there waiting for us. 

All that to say maybe the reasons I don't see good deals on Priceline or Hotwire much anymore is that I don't use them as much as I used to.  Like the saying goes, free beats wholesale. 

Oh yeah!  I'm using points for the Marriott that sits right underneath the Sydney Harbour Bridge - SCORE!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YoPhilly said:

Oh yeah!  I'm using points for the Marriott that sits right underneath the Sydney Harbour Bridge - SCORE!!

We loved our trip there. Enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2023 at 12:47 PM, JHLH821 said:

Check out EB Miami  https://www.ebhotels.com/miami/about

Close to the airport, has AAA, AARP and Cruise Package rates. The cruise package includes
breakfast for 2, shuttle to and from Miami Airport and shuttle to Miami port.

Just booked the cruise package for our March cruise. Not inexpensive but still seemed like a good deal.

• Like 1