Select cabin on Azamara website

Arbalest123

I am a new member of this forum and apologise if this issue has already been raised by someone else.

I am looking to book my first cruise and have been browsing some of the cruise line websites. Not to make an actual reservation but just to get an idea 

of price/availability etc. 

They all seem to allow the user to see what cabins are available on the selected cruise, apart from Azamara.

On their website after selecting the type of cabin (I chose V1) the next screen wanted all my personal details, so I filled out this screen only to find

on the next screen that a specific cabin had been allocated to me and there did not seem to be any way to click anywhere to change this cabin or see

what the choice of available cabins was in the V1 category. At this point I gave up and logged out (I had already created an Azamara account beforehand).

Is this the way the Azamara website operates (ie automatically allocating a cabin without any choice in the matter) or am I doing something wrong?

not doing anything wrong...it was possible to do this pre website changeover. If you have a read of the (long) "New Website" thread there is some info on how to view alternate options, although I believe this is still a small selection rather than all

1 hour ago, Arbalest123 said:

I am a new member of this forum and apologise if this issue has already been raised by someone else.

I am looking to book my first cruise and have been browsing some of the cruise line websites. Not to make an actual reservation but just to get an idea 

They all seem to allow the user to see what cabins are available on the selected cruise, apart from Azamara.

On their website after selecting the type of cabin (I chose V1) the next screen wanted all my personal details, so I filled out this screen only to find

on the next screen that a specific cabin had been allocated to me and there did not seem to be any way to click anywhere to change this cabin or see

what the choice of available cabins was in the V1 category. At this point I gave up and logged out (I had already created an Azamara account beforehand).

Is this the way the Azamara website operates (ie automatically allocating a cabin without any choice in the matter) or am I doing something wrong?

There are several UK online sites that can show you the cabins that are available. A quick search will do. 

18 minutes ago, combine said:

There are several UK online sites that can show you the cabins that are available. A quick search will do. 

Wish I could find one particularly one that shows all the cabins available.  It looks like even after going through the dummy booking game the Azamara site only shows a few

2 hours ago, Arbalest123 said:

Once you have filled in the personal details , on the next page on the left of the page you should see a pencil and paper icon. If you click on that you will see the option to choose cabin. Clicking on that gives you a choice of some cabins which you can then view as a list or map. Clearly it isn’t all those available, but at least is more than the one allocated. Ringing up is probably the only way to find out about all available cabins in any category.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Once you have filled in the personal details , on the next page on the left of the page you should see a pencil and paper icon. If you click on that you will see the option to choose cabin. Clicking on that gives you a choice of some cabins which you can then view as a list or map. Clearly it isn’t all those available, but at least is more than the one allocated. Ringing up is probably the only way to find out about all available cabins in any category.

Thanks to the various responders and particularly to this latest one from someone who seems to be very active on this forum especially as regards Azamara.

Having spent over an hour reading about all the Azamara problems following their sale by RCCL and particularly all the IT issues I think I will give them some time to sort everything out before booking with them. I do like their smaller ship set up and the intensive nature of several of their cruises with the emphasis on the destination ports but they seem to be beset with problems at the moment.

Also their onboard guest relations seems to be pretty awful judging from the YouTube vlog that I have seen from 'Paul and Carole love to travel' (regular cruise vloggers) from 6 months ago entitled 'Azamara Quest .... we were shocked by how badly we were treated' Well worth watching although I accept that no overall conclusions can be drawn from one bad review. 

38 minutes ago, Arbalest123 said:

Also their onboard guest relations seems to be pretty awful judging from the YouTube vlog that I have seen from 'Paul and Carole love to travel' (regular cruise vloggers) from 6 months ago entitled 'Azamara Quest .... we were shocked by how badly we were treated' Well worth watching although I accept that no overall conclusions can be drawn from one bad review. 

The relevance of any review is only valid for the moment it was written/experienced. A six month old review whilst relevant at the time is in my opinion not indicative of recent months. There will be equal instances of exceptional service (our experience) and sadly we some not so. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, combine said:

The relevance of any review is only valid for the moment it was written/experienced. A six month old review whilst relevant at the time is in my opinion not indicative of recent months. There will be equal instances of exceptional service (our experience) and sadly we some not so. 

I totally agree. Having had the experience of Guest Relations on Quest in July, this YouTube video is out of date and to be honest not helpful. For one thing the Guest Relations Manager (who I had experience with on Quest last October) has left Azamara. That's a good start!

The internet is a great place to gather facts, but it can give you information overload which can be unhelpful. 

Phil 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, uktog said:

.......It looks like even after going through the dummy booking game the Azamara site only shows a few

I checked your profile, to see if the 'message' function is on....it's disabled, so couldn't go any further! Please go ahead and message mi, if you wish, I have something to share. 

On 8/17/2023 at 1:42 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

I followed this helpful guidance and indeed about another 5 available cabins were shown in addition to the one that the system had auto allocated to me; they were all cabins in close proximity to the auto allocated one. Even when I selected an alternative one the system did not recognise the new cabin that I had selected and was still showing the original cabin.

So does anyone know how to see all available cabins in the selected category (V2 in this instance) rather than just the half dozen that the system shows; and then how do you get the system to recognise that you have selected an alternative to the original cabin? Surely you do not have to call Azamara to find out about cabin availability on any cruise that you are interested in. No other cruise line website that I have looked at (Viking, Celebrity, HAL, Princess) works this way; they all show you every available cabin in the category that you have chosen, even across different decks and both fore and aft.