Coral Princess Inside cabins - which side of ship is the door?

dsmoser

Hello Cruise Critic Community,

First time cruise, first time post and I'm already addicted to CC.

Planning a Southbound Alaska cruise on Coral Princess for my family of 4 and would like to reserve a balcony stateroom on the port side (obviously) with an inside stateroom directly across the hall.

Being a smaller, more narrow ship, the few inside staterooms on Coral Princess are usually in a single row down the middle of the ship and the deck plans do not indicate whether the entrance door to these inside staterooms are accessed on the left or right of the ship.

I read in another CC thread that inside staterooms with odd numbers have entrance doors that open to the right side of ship while staterooms with even numbers have staterooms that open to the left of the ship.  With the exception of a few inside staterooms forward and aft (near the laundromat), all the inside staterooms that I see on the Coral Princess that are mid-aft, mid or mid-forward are odd numbers. 

So do all inside staterooms mid-aft, mid and mid-forward on Coral Princess open to the right side of the ship?

If this is the case and I want a left side balcony/inside stateroom combo for a southbound cruise, I guess I should switch dates and sail south on Sapphire?

Thanks in advance for any response. 

• Like 1

When the cabin has an odd number it will open on the starboard side. The cabin fire and emergency ID system is odd numbers starboard, even numbers port side. There are some insides that are positioned on short cross ship connecting corridors. Believe these may open into that corridor.

Believe the deck plans shown in the app program indicate the doorways.

This site may also help with balcony cabin selection

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

• Thanks 1

Wow! you guys are awesome.  Thank you!  

"The cabin fire and emergency ID system is odd numbers starboard, even numbers port side."

and

"if the balcony cabin is odd numbered and the inside is also odd numbered, they will face each other.  If the inside is even numbered, it will face an even numbered balcony."

is great, logical info.

I am a little concerned that this cruise to Alaska is going to create an obsession that I am going to go broke over.  There is something about those white tablecloths and fabulous food set in front of me (that I didn't cook) that looks so heavenly.

Thanks again!  I'm sure it won't be my last question.  Maybe someday, I'll be an expert with wisdom to impart.

Donna