Breakaway Haven Pool

mafig

Does the pool roof retract on the Breakaway?

What's your opinion on the Haven area on Breakaway compared to Joy.  We were on Joy last year and really enjoyed it, but thought the pool area was a little dark.  I'm not really a fan of indoor pools.

Everything else was great.  DH still talks about having lobster for dinner every night!

I was in the Haven on the Breakaway in April/May of last year.  Have also done two Haven cruises on the Joy.  Honestly, I’m not sure if the roof retracts on the Breakaway.  I don’t think it does, but it might.  We never got in the pool.  

That being said, we much preferred the Haven on the Joy.  We really didn’t like that the BA had no outdoor searing in the restaurant and “overflow” was in the pool area.  No real loungers in the pool area as a result.  it just seemed weird to eat a meal with people in the pool.  We also really missed the Horizon Lounge.  The BA doesn’t have one.  We also missed the elevator in the Joy Haven.  Again, the BA doesn’t have one.  You have to use the stairs unless you go outside the Haven complex.  To get to the sun deck, you had no choice but to take the stairs. also note that the BA does not have a hot tub on the sun deck,  that was really disappointing.  We enjoyed them on the Joy.

That being said, the service was great and we thoroughly enjoyed the trip.  Just preferred the Joy’s Haven.

Edited by Russiamomm

2 minutes ago, mafig said:

No hot tub on the sun deck???? 😒

Nope.  Very disappointing.  It also doesn’t have the nice cabanas that the Joy has.  Still plenty of umbrellas, etc, but I really liked my cabana on the Joy.  

Again, I would do the BA Haven again, but definitely preferred the Joy, for a number of reasons.

Sailed BA Haven when new.  Not a favorite ship of mine.  Yes, the roof retracts and at least it has one compared to GA.  At some point there were a couple broken panels and don't think it opened after that.

The pool will be full with maybe 8 adults standing in it.

On 8/18/2023 at 7:53 PM, Russiamomm said:

Nope.  Very disappointing.  It also doesn’t have the nice cabanas that the Joy has.  Still plenty of umbrellas, etc, but I really liked my cabana on the Joy.  

Again, I would do the BA Haven again, but definitely preferred the Joy, for a number of reasons.

The Haven sundeck cabanas are the absolute best! And the hot tubs up there are pretty dang nice too!

• Like 1

We lucked into a bid upgrade a few years back, the roof never opened. There was one shattered glass panel at the time, no idea if they ever repaired it or started opening it.

I will say, that pool is ice water though. Think about it, the room is air conditioned down to probably low 70's, that water is pretty much at that temp or seemed even lower at times.

I didn't mind it, I would go do a hot sauna and then ice dip after. 

One thing I really didn't like about that Haven layout though, no windows out to the water from that main area / bar area. You could literally be sitting anywhere in the world. The rooms surround this courtyard so there's no way to provide a view. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

We are sailing on the Breakaway at month end for the first time and staying in the Haven. Can anyone tell me for bar service at the pool area do you have to enter inside into the Haven bar, or is there a separate bar out by the pool to get drinks? From the pictures and video I have reviewed I can't see one