Miami Flat Rate Taxis?

kerota

The flat rate cab from MIA to the Port Of Miami was discontinued approximately one year ago. Before it was discontinued the price for the twenty minute ride was twenty eight dollars plus tip. I don't know why the rate was discontinued when that is an extremely popular route for cruise passengers.

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Anyone know  the cost of  taxi  for 4  from POM to MIA  ?

we have usually taken   a taxi for  2  when it was the flat rate  or private service 

In a regular taxi it should be about $30-35 on the meter - van cabs add a 30% surcharge if you need the space for the 4 of you and bags.

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

In a regular taxi it should be about $30-35 on the meter - van cabs add a 30% surcharge if you need the space for the 4 of you and bags.

Thanks  I do not think  4 of us plus luggage would fit in the regular  taxi

21 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Thanks  I do not think  4 of us plus luggage would fit in the regular  taxi

Insist that the driver use the meter - and take a photo of the cab number and the driver's info "just in case you forget something in the car."  Knowing that you can identify him in a complaint should discourage the driver from trying to cheat you.  Too many crooked cab driver experiences was what first pushed me to Uber and Lyft.

14 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Too many crooked cab driver experiences was what first pushed me to Uber and Lyft.

The advantage of a regular taxi is that there's a line of them waiting to take passengers away. The advantage of Uber/Lyft is you know what it's going to cost you ahead of time even if the traffic situation along the way deteriorates.

• Like 2