Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Do they have water slides on this ship? Can’t recall seeing any 

They used to have one, but it was really slow so they took it out years ago. If you can find the ship model, you will see the yellow slide. It might be on display in the bridge viewing room.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Do they have water slides on this ship? Can’t recall seeing any 

While I personally do not use the waterslides, I really like having them available for the folks that do - keeps them from being in the space I want to occupy😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

4 minutes ago, AKR2011 said:

They used to have one, but it was really slow so they took it out years ago. If you can find the ship model, you will see the yellow slide. It might be on display in the bridge viewing room.

okay. Being on that sun deck made me wonder because my first ship (elation) was built early 90’s and had a small one going into the main pool when I was on it 2014-2016 but has since added the full waterworks park on that empty sun deck.

(2014 Elation)

IMG_4113.jpeg

• Like 12

@Saint Greg...your photos have been spectacular this cruise!

I also am not a fan of sauce poured all over my meat....I prefer taste the flavor of the meat not cover it with seasonings and sauces, make me feel like they are trying to hide something they don't want us to discover!

Enjoy your final hours on the ship!

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

They do have a manned soft serve here. And a buffet thing. I saw a guy with a burger kind of reminds me of the pre-guys “off the grill.”

While I appreciate Guy's, I miss the grill.  Specifically the steak sandwiches, the chicken sandwiches if I was in the mood, and the chips and cheese.  Can't we just have both!

• Like 6

The NCL store was in the back of that trade winds place. I would put it in the front or bring it out of there.

I thought this was the floor model but apparently it’s what they sell. I collect them. On carnival they come in packages and are a couple or three dollars cheaper.

IMG_4127.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 14

6 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

I like it. What a good idea. Unfortunately I’ve been on 5 ncl cruises 4 of which were over 10 days and I’ve never set foot in the store……..kind of late to start now..maybe eBay.

I have them going back to Elation. And the Harley Davison poker chip from Juneau. I pick those up in as many ports as possible. I got Ketchikan last year. Small inexpensive souvenirs $13-17 for the ornament and 2-5 on each chip.

• Like 9