Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

Looks like you had great weather today. Interested to hear your take on NCL since this was your first with them. I've done most of my cruising with NCL, 2 Royal Caribbean, 1 Princess and 1 Celebrity. Did you end up buying any Cruise Next certificates?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Just to clarify the NFL situation, all of the games are shown on the ships, either in the bars (District Brew House, The Local/O'sheehans, depending on ship), sometimes on the big screen at the pool and in your stateroom. Thursday Night, 3 games on Sunday and one on Monday, On my Prima T/A last October, the games were on around 2am as we crossed the Atlantic. The Sunday day games are the ones that the network consider their main game of the week, with their national broadcasters, So if you are looking for certain regional games, you probably won't get them, 

And as far as the carpet fish, they removed them from the Jewel on it's last drydock but I believe the other Jewel class ships still have them, and possibly the Breakaway and Getaway (haven't been on either of those for a few years). The Prima has the new 'arrows' pointing forward on their carpet. 

Aha! I was on the Getaway too. That's where the fish were. It's good to know I'm not totally crazy...yet. 😉 
And thanks for clarifying the arrows. I knew I saw that somewhere. I still don't know why it's not on every ship. It really does help.

• Like 2

The end is near - thanks for bringing us along and sharing your awesome pictures.

Thoughts:

The carpet is strange - I do not see either pattern as pointing in one direction or another.

Odd and even numbers on both sides is just not right, lol.

The kids running, jumping , playing ball - whatever their activity - above me would have me saying something to someone.

Impatiently awaiting your final thoughts and pix.Safe travels!

• Like 5